Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 09-20-2012, 04:48 PM   #1
Jia Jem
replicant
Rock Star Admin

Wig Info and User Photos: Ivy

(Note: This thread is for information and reference pictures of the Ivy wig, as well as for any questions specific to the Ivy wig carried in the Cosplay.com Wig store. General questions pertaining to ordering can usually be addressed by viewing the FAQ thread or by sending a PM to Admin or Jia Jem)

In our store: Ivy Wig

This style is similar to our classic Ivy style, but is now more versatile with fuller, longer bangs. Designed to be worn both as a no-bang look, or with bangs - this wig does double duty! This style hits approximately chest-length.
2.5” centered button skin top.

All of our wigs have versatile, chin-length bangs can be worn parted in the middle or either side to give a long, no-bang look, or trimmed shorter for a full-bang look.

If you have ordered an Ivy wig from our newest line of exclusive wigs, please share a photo of it below!

Ivy in NE07 - Black

Last edited by Admin : 09-20-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Jia Jem is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-20-2012, 04:48 PM   #2
Jia Jem
replicant
Rock Star Admin

[reserved]
Unread 09-21-2012, 08:55 AM   #3
FilthyWarumono
Japanese Fxxker

Black

I will scream as much as I want and if my voice dies, then let my voice die。
~悪者 Warumono
It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not。
And if you aren't hated, you aren't doing shit。
FilthyWarumono is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 09:26 AM   #4
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

This is an ivy in shadow red (it's been put into a braid; it comes to a little above mid-back)-
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3239780

(I couldn't get the image to actually show on my post; is hotlinking to our coscom photos enabled for these threads?)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c

Last edited by Admin : 09-21-2012 at 05:25 PM.
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 05:27 PM   #5
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
(I couldn't get the image to actually show on my post; is hotlinking to our coscom photos enabled for these threads?)
If you right-click the image and (in Chrome, for example) click on Copy Image URL, you can enter that in to the IMG tag to have it display in the forums. Hotlinking into the forums from the cosplay.com galleries works fine.

I edited your post to show how it works.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 10:17 PM   #6
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Ah, thanks. It might have just not shown up for me because I was using my phone browser to post it; I'm seeing it fine now.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Unread 09-24-2012, 02:06 PM   #7
Falclon

An Ivy in Powder Purple, straight out of the bag. It's a little more purple in person (my phone really washes out pictures x.x). For the cosplay I'm using it for I have to cut off almost all the back but I really don't want to since this is such a gorgeous and soft wig. *-*

Unread 10-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #8
Tsunamiracle

I bought an Ivy in white in order to do my cosplay for Story of Evil Haku Yowane, and it's great! I don't need to style it too hard, as it ties well into a low ponytail, and it still retains a managable length (I didn't go for hip-length because it's more expensive and more of a bother to care for). There's still some styling I need to do, such as trimming the bangs and adding tails to the ribbon, but I'll be working on that in the coming weeks.

These images are with morning sunlight, both direct and more indirect. The warmth/coolness definitely depends on the lighting, but compared to some of my other whites the wig is a touch on the warm side to begin with. I wouldn't be concerned about the temperature of the color, though, since it's not obvious at first glance and, again, lighting makes a huge difference.

Note that for the next that, the beige is NOT part of the wig, but is from a wig cap I bought. That one section was also easily covered up by gently moving the hair to cover it; I will likely retie it once it's time to wear the costume to be sure I have it covered.

Direct lighting: The two above, plus front view and bow close-up
In a corner: Side view, front view, back view

I don't have any high-quality images of me wearing the wig, though. If anyone's really curious, these are the best examples I have: Back view, Side view, Headshot

When I have the chance to capture higher-quality images, I'll post them here.

This is the first wig I've ever owned, so I'm glad that it's of good quality!
Tsunamiracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 11:30 PM   #9
grellopop

OMG. YOU. You were the Asagi cosplayer from NDK this year weren't you?!
grellopop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 08:30 PM   #10
Lady Marie

What's the leanth of the shorter Ivy wig?
Lady Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #11
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

It's about two feet long. I think that's mid-back/chest length.
Unread 12-06-2012, 09:32 PM   #12
Lady Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
It's about two feet long. I think that's mid-back/chest length.
Thank you. That may be long enough for something manageable and shorter version is wider too, it may be just what I was looking for. Since I probably won't be able to handle the long version yet.
Lady Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 04:23 AM   #13
Allyieh
Volunteer (Fire Starter)

Is the back of the Ivy a pretty standard thickness, or running on the thin side? I ask because if I did go the Ivy route (either this or the longer version), I'd be interested in putting it into low pigtails.
Sim | The Sims
(Censored) Sim | The Sims
AnimeNEXT 2014
Petra Ral | Attack On Titan
(Post Pieta/Battle of the North Arc) Clare | Claymore
Amelia Pond | Doctor Who
(Censored) Sim | The Sims

Other Cosplays
Candy | Holy Musical B@man
Stephanie | Lazy Town
Allyieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 10:35 AM   #14
Falclon

I haven't actually worn mine for anything yet (just tried it on) but on the wig head it occasionally falls so that some wefts are showing in the back. I think it's on the thin side, especially compared to epiccosplay's ridiculously thick wigs. However compared to eBay wigs it is probably a little thicker.
Unread 12-08-2012, 08:46 PM   #15
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allyieh View Post
Is the back of the Ivy a pretty standard thickness, or running on the thin side? I ask because if I did go the Ivy route (either this or the longer version), I'd be interested in putting it into low pigtails.
The wig's quite thick- mine here is braided in the back. It's certainly thick enough to put into low tails/braids. If you want them REALLY big though, you'd probably want to add extensions in. http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3229838/