Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > New York Comic Con

Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Unread 10-08-2012, 09:22 AM   #136
TheAnarCHris
Overrated
 
TheAnarCHris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 13,375
4 days people. Who's HYPED???
__________________
Stalk me on twitter! @theanarchris, THEN IMMEDIATELY REGRET YOUR DECISION!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 10-08-2012, 09:24 AM   #137
eebee
Registered User
 
eebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 423
SO HYPED.

I'm working on little details now that I thought I wasn't going to bother with just to keep myself busy for the final days. =DD
__________________
Under Consideration:
Hepzibah (with the Corsair), Scarlet Witch (with Quicksilver), Dagger (with Cloak, 2013 Ultimate editions), Stahma Tarr, Pyrrha Nikos

Chosen, In Planning:
Red (with Subject Unknown), Tempus, Azir (with sand soldier[s])

Under Construction:
Ravager
eebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 09:26 AM   #138
BanditArtist
Registered User
 
BanditArtist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 17
I will be Thor on Saturday if anyone wants to hang and look awesome for the fans.
BanditArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 09:48 AM   #139
TheAnarCHris
Overrated
 
TheAnarCHris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 13,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by eebee View Post
SO HYPED.

I'm working on little details now that I thought I wasn't going to bother with just to keep myself busy for the final days. =DD
Helmet/said Emma Frost helmet should be here come Wednesday, unless fuckery. I'm leaning towards fuckery though. BRIGHTSIDE, I STILL HAVE CYKE AND CLINT!

Also super good to hang out w/you & Harold on Friday, thanks for coming out!
__________________
Stalk me on twitter! @theanarchris, THEN IMMEDIATELY REGRET YOUR DECISION!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 09:52 AM   #140
BanditArtist
Registered User
 
BanditArtist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 17
Is there no one dressing for Saturday and going to masquerade later?
BanditArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 10:02 AM   #141
TheAnarCHris
Overrated
 
TheAnarCHris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 13,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditArtist View Post
Is there no one dressing for Saturday and going to masquerade later?
There is no masquerade, only a costume contest. Lord knows I'm not going to it, becuase I'm been involved in the masq since NYAF came and gone, so the only thing I'm doing is getting a check up from the good Doctor Whiskey.

And there are Saturday plots. Check page one, they're literally posted everywhere.
__________________
Stalk me on twitter! @theanarchris, THEN IMMEDIATELY REGRET YOUR DECISION!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 10:04 AM   #142
eebee
Registered User
 
eebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Helmet/said Emma Frost helmet should be here come Wednesday, unless fuckery. I'm leaning towards fuckery though. BRIGHTSIDE, I STILL HAVE CYKE AND CLINT!

Also super good to hang out w/you & Harold on Friday, thanks for coming out!
I will hope for non-fuckery and have my Ms. Frost on standby just in case! What are the odds you could whip up a backup helmet in the next four days?

It was great to meet you guys! We had fun! =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditArtist View Post
Is there no one dressing for Saturday and going to masquerade later?
I think we're all dressing up Saturday, but I didn't think there was a masquerade this year.
__________________
Under Consideration:
Hepzibah (with the Corsair), Scarlet Witch (with Quicksilver), Dagger (with Cloak, 2013 Ultimate editions), Stahma Tarr, Pyrrha Nikos

Chosen, In Planning:
Red (with Subject Unknown), Tempus, Azir (with sand soldier[s])

Under Construction:
Ravager
eebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #143
TheAnarCHris
Overrated
 
TheAnarCHris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 13,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by eebee View Post
I will hope for non-fuckery and have my Ms. Frost on standby just in case! What are the odds you could whip up a backup helmet in the next four days?

It was great to meet you guys! We had fun! =)


I think we're all dressing up Saturday, but I didn't think there was a masquerade this year.
Wanted: A Emma Frost. Must be eebee sized, must be able to tolerate The_Anarchris. PM all headshots to The_Anarchris immediatly, nudes are fine as well.

And the odds of a back-up Hood helm coming up are zero to none, BUT I may have secured a back-up Hood for the group should I experience "the Fail". Would suck for me, but hey, I'll live.

EDIT: Said comissioner said he was ready to ship out costume/helmet today, but DERP, holiday. Will do so tomorrow. In theory all will be good come Wednesday, possibly Thursday. PRAY FOR MOJO!


And glad you have fun. We ended up having less people come out than expected, but you got to meet the Mrs, so that's awesome. If you 2 wanna meet up for dinner/drinks during the weekend, let me know, I have no concrete plans aside from Friday night.
__________________
Stalk me on twitter! @theanarchris, THEN IMMEDIATELY REGRET YOUR DECISION!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis

Last edited by TheAnarCHris : 10-08-2012 at 10:45 AM.
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 10:49 AM   #144
eebee
Registered User
 
eebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Wanted: A Emma Frost. Must be eebee sized, must be able to tolerate The_Anarchris. PM all headshots to The_Anarchris immediatly, nudes are fine as well.

And the odds of a back-up Hood helm coming up are zero to none, BUT I may have secured a back-up Hood for the group should I experience "the Fail". Would suck for me, but hey, I'll live.

EDIT: Said comissioner said he was ready to ship out costume/helmet today, but DERP, holiday. Will do so tomorrow. In theory all will be good come Wednesday, possibly Thursday. PRAY FOR MOJO!


And glad you have fun. We ended up having less people come out than expected, but you got to meet the Mrs, so that's awesome. If you 2 wanna meet up for dinner/drinks during the weekend, let me know, I have no concrete plans aside from Friday night.
That's one heck of a tall order in a potential Emma Frost! xD

Glad to hear it! Last-minute costume worries are never fun. I can only imagine it's even less fun when you have no control over them.

Will do. Tell Carrie I think she's great, and definitely want to hang out again. =)
__________________
Under Consideration:
Hepzibah (with the Corsair), Scarlet Witch (with Quicksilver), Dagger (with Cloak, 2013 Ultimate editions), Stahma Tarr, Pyrrha Nikos

Chosen, In Planning:
Red (with Subject Unknown), Tempus, Azir (with sand soldier[s])

Under Construction:
Ravager
eebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 11:37 AM   #145
TheAnarCHris
Overrated
 
TheAnarCHris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 13,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by eebee View Post
That's one heck of a tall order in a potential Emma Frost! xD

Glad to hear it! Last-minute costume worries are never fun. I can only imagine it's even less fun when you have no control over them.

Will do. Tell Carrie I think she's great, and definitely want to hang out again. =)
Hey if we meet those demands, it will be radddddddddddddddddd!

I'm already working out home-sitting plots for Wednesday betweena friend and Carrie. Not messing around with this. Should be good in the hood though.

Carrie is full of that awww and the <3. SHE WILL DO X-TIMES WITH US ONE OF THESE DAYS, I SWEAR!
__________________
Stalk me on twitter! @theanarchris, THEN IMMEDIATELY REGRET YOUR DECISION!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #146
areazel
⌠/quєєn
 
areazel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 132
I am going to be going as FormalVer!Loki/Stuttgart Version
__________________
[font="Tahoma"]

AnimeNext 2014
Hawkeye - Marvel
Newton Geiszler - Pacific Rim (maybe)

NYC Special Edition 2014
Hawkeye - Marvel(maybe)

'i am loki, of asgard, and i am burdened with purpose'
areazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 03:10 PM   #147
areazel
⌠/quєєn
 
areazel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 132
Sorry for the double post! But I was wondering if anything was going on on sunday?
__________________
[font="Tahoma"]

AnimeNext 2014
Hawkeye - Marvel
Newton Geiszler - Pacific Rim (maybe)

NYC Special Edition 2014
Hawkeye - Marvel(maybe)

'i am loki, of asgard, and i am burdened with purpose'
areazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 03:59 PM   #148
TheAnarCHris
Overrated
 
TheAnarCHris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 13,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by areazel View Post
I am going to be going as FormalVer!Loki/Stuttgart Version

I have no idea what that means folks. Someone around here speak Tumblr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by areazel View Post
Sorry for the double post! But I was wondering if anything was going on on sunday?
If you check the 1st page, you can see that plans were in motion, but they stopped(?). IDK, I'm pretty much winging my cos-plans at this point on a day to day bias.
__________________
Stalk me on twitter! @theanarchris, THEN IMMEDIATELY REGRET YOUR DECISION!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #149
KDCapAmerica
Registered User
 
KDCapAmerica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1
I will be in the shoots on Sat in my Ultimates 2 Captain America uniform! See you guys there!
KDCapAmerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 10:33 AM   #150
tsutaya
Night of Wallachia
 
tsutaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
I have no idea what that means folks. Someone around here speak Tumblr?


... I now need to meet this comedian cyclops...

@Bandit I'm not doing Amora Saturday. That's my Dawn day I will every other day though! Maybe this is cue for you to wear your Thor on Friday *cough*.

And person with tumblr speech. I have no clue if something is happening on Sat at all. First post has the most info and Aurora I think has been trying to get stuff done.

And my cat sorta decided to be a jerk and bite on Amora's headdress ;A;!! Now I have to remake it... Working my butt off to finish both costumes now in the coming two days. Gotta go get a pack of redbull today...
__________________
(ノ^o^)ノ
★Current Projects★

★Next Projects★

Last edited by tsutaya : 10-09-2012 at 10:38 AM.
tsutaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.