Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Unread 10-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
Gunslinger1888
Registered User
 
Gunslinger1888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 275
Share your nightmares

With Halloween coming up, what scares the hell out of your unconscious self? For me, Vampires. Ever since I was a wee lad, I've been chased in my dreams by Vampires. Guess I shouldn't have watched Salem's Lot when i was a kid.
__________________
I used to be a cosplayer like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.
Gunslinger1888 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 10-05-2012, 03:21 PM   #2
cowsrcute
Registered User
 
cowsrcute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 146
I am probably the most scarediest person ever. lol But the main thing that scares me is the dark. I still sleep with a nightlight and I'm 22 unless my boyfriend is with me. lol When there is a blackout my sisters know to automatically jump on me so I feel safe.
cowsrcute is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 10:24 PM   #3
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos
 
JasonTerror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,963
Haven't had many..I don't remember them if I do....The only ones I remember are when I was a kid..Like under 10yrs old..I was being chased by a monster..That was abot it..
__________________
こんにちは、私の名前はジェイミーです
バイバイ、人形!!
Cosplay DA Regular DA
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Alice (Hearts no Kuni no Alice)
-Black&Blue Loli-style Dark Magical Girl O.C.
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)


Dream cosplays for now:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
JasonTerror is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 02:31 AM   #4
Monocle_Complex
Chessmate
 
Monocle_Complex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 393
This is a two part, because this could apply to both my conscious and unconscious self. I think the most horrific thing that haunts me is tornado, both when I'm awake and when I'm sleeping. I can't really say I've even been in a scenario that might give reason to such a fear. But it's there anyway, hiding under the surface. [Well I have seen tornados off in the distance, but never so close to warrant a reason for the panic attacks I get now.]

I suppose the thing about tornados for me is that they are a force of nature that can easily kill you. It can't be stopped. It can't be killed. All you can hope to do to survive it is run and hide in a place where it can't reach you, even then it has the power to ruin your life.
__________________

Anime Detour 2014:
• Corvo Attano [100% Complete]
•Spider Splicer [100% Complete]


Anime Detour 2014:
•Spider Splicer
Monocle_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 05:22 AM   #5
toshirua3846384
take your fail and leave
 
toshirua3846384's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 615
The only nightmare i ever had/have is when im randomly falling down from a giant height or something like that. Im not afraid of heights, what bothers me is when i eventually hit the ground in my dream; in a weird way i can feel the "effect" which then causes me to wake up. idk go figure. ( O x O)/
__________________
Homer: Hello, my name is Mr. Burns. I believe you have a letter for me
Postman: All right Mr. Burns what's your first name
Homer: I don't know....

-->( v O x O)O"
toshirua3846384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 09:31 AM   #6
Orochimaru86
Snake Master
 
Orochimaru86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by toshirua3846384 View Post
The only nightmare i ever had/have is when im randomly falling down from a giant height or something like that. Im not afraid of heights, what bothers me is when i eventually hit the ground in my dream; in a weird way i can feel the "effect" which then causes me to wake up. idk go figure. ( O x O)/
I have exactly same thing!! I always falling down on the ground and 'I feel' it sooo bad!! I'm waking up with pain like you really hit the ground!! :/

But anyway I think the worst nightmare is when you're at work in your dreams.. ;/ Had that already few times - working while you should relax, and of course same stress like in real job :/ that's sux! )
Orochimaru86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #7
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum
 
Bisected8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,629
My nightmares (or at least the ones I remember) tend to be awkward social situations rather than actually dangerous ones. Sleeping in when someone important shows up, forcing my to stay in bed until they leave and I can have a shower, for example.
__________________
Me on deviantArt.
Me on TV Tropes.
Me on twitter.

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 12:05 PM   #8
Aeviking
Fantasy worlds explorer
 
Aeviking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 127
Nothing scares me like being in a totally dark room. I just can't breath and I feel the walls moving to make the place smaller and smaller... And the ghosts. Maybe because The Ghostbusters.
__________________
Working on: Anna (Frozen)
Future cosplays: Rapunzel Astrid HTTYD2
Aeviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #9
Serako
Female gentleman~
 
Serako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 156
This may get to be a little Long 0_0 So in short, Nazis, religion, and my dad. That is all. And slenderman.(I had this dream a few nights ago, after watching Schindler's List so....)
It starts out in a BEAUTIFUL church (looked a bit catholic...) and I take my seat at a piano (yes, I play it in R.life) and crack my finger. The scene changes as I start to play a beautifully slow melody ( I've been doing research, and still have know idea what the song was) Now I'm walking down a fairly crowded street with my mother and brother. The melody speeds up a bit and I catch a glimpse of myself playing it with my eyes closed. Suddenly my mother is throwing my into a closet and says something but I can't hear her over the sound of the piano. the only bit that I could lip-read was something about my father. She and my brother leave me and run. I sit and cling to a rainbow colored cloth ( I'm....secretly Bi so...). The room darkens and the climax of the song suddenly becomes terrifying. I can hear my family screaming over it as their shot by men in green uniforms. I watch everything from a crack in the closet door....
The scene finally returns to myself and the piano. a priest is watching me play over my shoulder. I can't hear what he says as he starts yelling at me but the sound of glass breaking is so loud that my ears ring and the next thing I know is I'm holding a knife to him.
AND THEN MY STEPMOTHER WOKE ME UP.
__________________
Looking for people near the Shreveport Louisanna area to cosplay with!!!
CURRENT IN PROGRESS
Fem-tenth doctor
Vanya (white violin), The Umbrella Academy
Wiccan, the Young Avengers
http://cyberskeletor.tumblr.com/

Last edited by Serako : 10-07-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Serako is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 12:49 AM   #10
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos
 
JasonTerror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serako View Post
This may get to be a little Long 0_0 So in short, Nazis, religion, and my dad. That is all. And slenderman.(I had this dream a few nights ago, after watching Schindler's List so....)
It starts out in a BEAUTIFUL church (looked a bit catholic...) and I take my seat at a piano (yes, I play it in R.life) and crack my finger. The scene changes as I start to play a beautifully slow melody ( I've been doing research, and still have know idea what the song was) Now I'm walking down a fairly crowded street with my mother and brother. The melody speeds up a bit and I catch a glimpse of myself playing it with my eyes closed. Suddenly my mother is throwing my into a closet and says something but I can't hear her over the sound of the piano. the only bit that I could lip-read was something about my father. She and my brother leave me and run. I sit and cling to a rainbow colored cloth ( I'm....secretly Bi so...). The room darkens and the climax of the song suddenly becomes terrifying. I can hear my family screaming over it as their shot by men in green uniforms. I watch everything from a crack in the closet door....
The scene finally returns to myself and the piano. a priest is watching me play over my shoulder. I can't hear what he says as he starts yelling at me but the sound of glass breaking is so loud that my ears ring and the next thing I know is I'm holding a knife to him.
AND THEN MY STEPMOTHER WOKE ME UP.
Holy crap..I know that was probably a bad thing for for, but I was seeing that as I read it..What a scene that was..I would like to see that animated..Sorry..
__________________
こんにちは、私の名前はジェイミーです
バイバイ、人形!!
Cosplay DA Regular DA
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Alice (Hearts no Kuni no Alice)
-Black&Blue Loli-style Dark Magical Girl O.C.
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)


Dream cosplays for now:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
JasonTerror is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 01:02 AM   #11
Wolfmeisterrr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 136
Hmm, a dream I would always have every year, randomly just one time a year. Started perhaps when I was about 12 years old. Some years I forget about it and then BAM the dream comes.

It was about zombies and me trying to survive and seeing all the people in my life I cared about die in front of me. It was always in a house, and just when the zombies were going to break in, I wake up.

When it happens I write what happened when I wake up cause I am usually freaking out lol.
Usually its about the same perhaps new people added as the years go by but it is almost always the same. You can bet I am not fond of Zombies! But I do like Walking Dead and Resident Evil eee :x
Wolfmeisterrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 10:12 AM   #12
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin
 
UsakoLuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,760
The ceiling broke open and spiders swarmed out, covering me.

I literally woke EVERYONE up screaming (I was at a sleepover at a friend's).
__________________
Wanna hear me ramble?
@usakoluna
Amusement of A Princess
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 10:19 AM   #13
sam vimes
A real live wire
 
sam vimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10,173
I only have grown up fears now. I've had frustration dreams, but I haven't really had a memorable nightmare in years.
__________________
Raising respectable and dignified ferrets since 2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 03:36 PM   #14
Miyabi-
All Will Be Well
 
Miyabi-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
The ceiling broke open and spiders swarmed out, covering me.

I literally woke EVERYONE up screaming (I was at a sleepover at a friend's).
Oh my god. I think I'd have wet the bed too. O_O Spiders are around number three or four on my fears list.

Numbers one and two are dying and being buried alive (or alternatively being buried and having my conciousness remain with my rotting corpse).
I occasionally have nightmares about being buried alive and I wake myself up thrashing around. Luckily this only happens if something really stressful is going on in my life. I'll dream about that or being chased by zombies.
__________________
I'm only a male lust object on the weekends." -Meng Xiaojie-
Common Sense isn't so common anymore. Perhaps it should now be called Rare Sense
Follow me on: Twitter (Warning: I swear a lot..lol)
Miyabi- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #15
Serako
Female gentleman~
 
Serako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
Holy crap..I know that was probably a bad thing for for, but I was seeing that as I read it..What a scene that was..I would like to see that animated..Sorry..
It's all cool, honestly I'm thinking of drawing a short comic on it.... close enough?
__________________
Looking for people near the Shreveport Louisanna area to cosplay with!!!
CURRENT IN PROGRESS
Fem-tenth doctor
Vanya (white violin), The Umbrella Academy
Wiccan, the Young Avengers
http://cyberskeletor.tumblr.com/
Serako is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.