Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Others

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-25-2012, 10:22 PM   #1
gamergirlx
Tentacle Seller

Zenkaikon 2013 - Lancaster, PA - March 22-24

Come join us for our seventh annual convention on March 22-24, 2013. The three days of fun will include panels, workshops, anime & live action screenings, concerts, cosplay, video gaming, tabletop gaming, LARP, AMVs, dances, vendors, artists, and more!

Announced guests include The Slants, Richard Epcar, Ellyn Stern, and Greg Wicker, with additional announcements to come!

Zenkaikon will be held at the Lancaster County Convention Center in Lancaster, PA and is accessible via public transportation.

For more information, visit our website: www.zenkaikon.com

Check out our location preview video and see you there! http://youtu.be/x80eGlIs6E8
My Cosplay Website: www.gamergirlx.com
My Cosplay Facebook Page:
Just For Fun: Click here to help me grow my city
gamergirlx is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #2
gamergirlx
Tentacle Seller

Did you know you can register for the convention and book your rooms for Zenkaikon 2013?

An individual registration is $40 through September 4th, 2012. Save even more by registering with a group of 10 or more! For more information on registering for Zenkaikon 2013 visit our website's registration information page: http://www.zenkaikon.com/registration/

Since you're coming, you probably need a room. Rooms can be booked at the Lancaster Marriott at Penns Square for $119/night (Single-Quad). Visit our hotel page for more infomation and booking info: http://www.zenkaikon.com/general/hotels.php

The great thing about the hotel is that it is directly connected to the convention center. Just take the escalators or elevators down and join in on the fun!
Unread 08-25-2012, 10:36 PM   #3
gamergirlx
Tentacle Seller

Reminder:

There is little over a week left to get our lowest registration rate! An individual registration is $40 through September 4th, 2012. It will entitle you to 3 days of activities at Zenkaikon; dances, panels, dealers Room, artist alley, the Masquerade, concerts, cosplay, video gaming, and much much more!

For more information and to register please visit our website: http://www.zenkaikon.com/registration/
Unread 08-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #4
gamergirlx
Tentacle Seller

Do you have what it takes?

Zenkaikon is looking for enthusiastic, dedicated staff to help us celebrate our seventh annual convention. There are currently positions available in several departments, so if you’ve been interested in learning about the inner workings of a fandom convention, now is a perfect chance! Zenkaikon staff are volunteers who help plan and work at the convention, and are a crucial part of the event!

For more information, perks, and to see what positions are available, check out our website:
http://www.zenkaikon.com/blog/2012/0...ing-for-staff/
Unread 09-18-2012, 07:53 PM   #5
gamergirlx
Tentacle Seller

You may remember last year when Zenkaikon sponsored the anime track at Philcon — a local science fiction, fantasy, and horror convention. We’re happy to announce that Zenkaikon will be returning to Philcon again in 2012! We’re working with premiere panelists from both Philcon and Zenkaikon to help put together an exciting and educational program of anime and manga-themed panels, and thanks to our friends at FUNimation, there will be a number of screenings as well. A more specific schedule will be released closer to the convention.

Philcon is the oldest science fiction convention in the United States, and will be holding its 76th annual event on November 9-11, 2012 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Cherry Hill. Philcon features cutting-edge programming about literature, art, television, film, anime, comics, science, gaming, costuming and cosplay, music, and other topics of interest to fans of sci-fi, fantasy, and horror. Other attractions include an Art Show and Auction, a Vendor Room, Family Programming appropriate for children, a Writers Workshop with professional authors and editors, concerts, a Ball, a Masquerade Costume Competition, and more.

Adult memberships are currently available for $40 on the Philcon website. Memberships for students and military are $25, and there is a $20 children’s membership. More information is available at http://2012.philcon.org.

We hope you’ll join us at Philcon in November and at Zenkaikon in March!
Unread 09-22-2012, 07:26 PM   #6
gamergirlx
Tentacle Seller

Out & About in Lancaster:

Welcome to our first “Out & About in Lancaster” post! Each month leading up to the convention, we will feature some of the nearby Lancaster attractions we think our members and families will enjoy, and share useful information about the area. For our first post, we talk about something near and dear to all of our hearts (and stomachs)…food!

Read more at our blog: http://www.zenkaikon.com/blog/2012/0...entral-market/
Unread 09-27-2012, 10:20 PM   #7
gamergirlx
Tentacle Seller

Zenkaikon 2013 Welcomes John de Lancie!

Zenkaikon is excited to announce John de Lancie as a guest at our 2013 convention!

Originally from Philadelphia, Mr. de Lancie is known as Q on the various Star Trek series, Frank Simmons on Stargate SG-1, Discord on My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and William Miles in Assassin’s Creed: Revelations. He voiced Dark Agent Booty on Invader Zim, Trias in PlaneScape: Torment, Dr. Death in Outlaws, and Professor Quadwrangle in Quantum Conundrum.

Read more on our website: http://www.zenkaikon.com/blog/2012/0...ohn-de-lancie/
Unread 10-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #8
Ramothhe-chan
Divine Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamergirlx View Post
Zenkaikon is excited to announce John de Lancie as a guest at our 2013 convention!

Originally from Philadelphia, Mr. de Lancie is known as Q on the various Star Trek series, Frank Simmons on Stargate SG-1, Discord on My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and William Miles in Assassin’s Creed: Revelations. He voiced Dark Agent Booty on Invader Zim, Trias in PlaneScape: Torment, Dr. Death in Outlaws, and Professor Quadwrangle in Quantum Conundrum.

Read more on our website: http://www.zenkaikon.com/blog/2012/0...ohn-de-lancie/

Aww yeah, Q and Discord!!! 2013 is going to be even more amazing!

2014 Con List: Katsucon, Zenkaikon, Connecticon, Otakon, Dragoncon
DAS 2014 Minicons:Halloween Holiday
Delaware Anime Society!(DE/PA/MD/NJ and beyond!)
Zenkaikon: A GREAT Pennsylvania 3-Day Anime, Scifi and Fandom Con
Ramothhe-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #9
gamergirlx
Tentacle Seller

Zenkaikon 2013 Panel Applications Now Open!

We’re happy to announce that panel and workshop submissions are now open for Zenkaikon 2013! The end of the regular period for applying for a panel is January 1, 2013. Anyone wishing to submit a panel for consideration for Zenkaikon 2013 can do so by completing the panel application on the Zenkaikon website. Good luck, everyone!

Read about it on our website: http://www.zenkaikon.com/blog/2012/1...ions-now-open/
Unread 10-23-2012, 08:11 PM   #10
gamergirlx
Tentacle Seller

Zenkaikon 2013 welcomes Guilded Age!

Zenkaikon is happy to welcome Phil Kahn and T Campbell from the webcomic Guilded Age as 2013 guests. This “saga of the working class adventurer” is a regular feature on Joystiq’s Sunday Morning Funnies, and its first printed volume was featured in the Previews catalog. T Campbell has written for numerous comics including Guilded Age, Penny and Aggie, Fans!, Cool Cat Studio, Search Engine Funnies, Rip and Teri, Divalicious! (from Tokyopop) and just a little Avengers. Phil Kahn was recently nominated for Comic Book Writer of the Year in the 2012 Philly Geek Awards. Learn more about both of them on our guest page!
Unread 10-24-2012, 07:32 PM   #11
MoradoFlower
Stephanie-Lynn

I am considering going up but would want to room with someone I'd be going with my boyfriend. PM me if you are going and have room for 2!

*Mallow (Mario RPG)
*Sylveon (Pokemon; Gijinka)
MoradoFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 07:38 PM   #12
MoradoFlower
Stephanie-Lynn

Oh, is parking free at the hotel?

*Mallow (Mario RPG)
*Sylveon (Pokemon; Gijinka)
MoradoFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 11:35 AM   #13
Ironhill

I haven't beet to the hotel in a couple of years but I believe the parking is free.
Ironhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 10:44 PM   #14
gamergirlx
Tentacle Seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoradoFlower View Post
Oh, is parking free at the hotel?
Zenkaikon has negotiated a reduced rate of $5/day parking in the parking garage adjacent to the hotel. There is a walkway that connects the garage and the hotel. And the parking can be added to your hotel bill if you so choose. For more information check out our hotel information page: http://zenkaikon.com/general/hotels.php
Unread 11-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #15
gamergirlx
Tentacle Seller

3rd Annual Zenkaikon T-Shirt Design Contest!

Zenkaikon is happy to announce its third annual T-shirt contest. Now is your chance to get your unique design immortalized on the official Zenkaikon 2013 T-shirt that will be sold to attendees!

The theme for this year is “Mystery & Mayhem,” and artwork should be designed for a black T-shirt.

The winner of the contest will receive a complimentary membership to Zenkaikon 2013, a table in the Artist Alley, and a T-shirt featuring their design.

Think you are up to the challenge? Read the rules and specifications on the Zenkaikon 2013 T-Shirt Contest page. We look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Read more by visiting our website: http://www.zenkaikon.com/blog/2012/1...esign-contest/