Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 81 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 10-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #1186
Cascade

Yeah makes sense. ^^ Probably gonna get that stuff later and start on the tunic... or the fun stuff like the armor and jewelery. First snow tomorrow and I have two days off sooooooo I'm gonna be working on this! It'd be cool to have it done by Halloween out of boredom... but Isabela needs pants! Or leggings... I feel so far behind with this DA: II cosplay, everyone else seems well past theirs.

Started on her two daggers... I can already tell this'll be a fun costume xD
Cascade is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-08-2012, 05:10 PM   #1187
TheFontBandit
Trial-&-Error Champion

Good luck! Will you be posting progress photos? I'd love to see how you do the daggers, jewelry, and armor, since it seems everyone approaches it a bit differently.

Have you read any of the "Those Who Speak" comics that are currently being released? Izzy actually wears pants! I'm considering doing her "Those Who Speak" costume for next year's Dragon*Con, but it's in the running with a couple of other Dragon Age costumes and I haven't decided for certain which one I'll be making yet. :P
TheFontBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #1188
Cascade

Well I gotta take apart my daggers xD My magnets aren't strong enough through the foam, but I have some on the way ^^ But I shall when I feel like it'll actually work. The necklace is going to be... interesting. More complicated than Morrigan's, but Izzy's won't stab me when I sneeze like Morrigan's did. THAT was fun... *shakes head* Making the necklace from craft foam and clay, hoping to close it from the back, but we'll see how that works, especially when having the collar connected to the snakes... But I really am trying to avoid making that corset, I'm better with props than sewing.
*gasp* Izzy with pants? Naw I've seen those but never really paid attention xD
Unread 10-09-2012, 12:51 PM   #1189
TheFontBandit
Trial-&-Error Champion

Eep, good luck! I had similar issues with my magnets, but only on one side. One dagger stayed on pretty well, but the other kept falling off when I moved. >_< (I also cheated and made the "Carta's Left/Right Hand" daggers because they are a simpler shape. I also figured that if I was cosplaying Romanced Isabela, it would be later in the timeline so she could have different daggers. :P)

I actually made three necklaces for Izzy... the coin one underneath, the collar over that, and then the snake necklace on top of that. The collar laced up the back like a corset, and the snakes attached in front. It would have been easier to put on and take off if it was one piece, though.
Unread 10-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #1190
Cascade

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFontBandit View Post

I actually made three necklaces for Izzy... the coin one underneath, the collar over that, and then the snake necklace on top of that. The collar laced up the back like a corset, and the snakes attached in front. It would have been easier to put on and take off if it was one piece, though.
Yeah I plan on making the coin necklace separate xD Though I have to cast the pieces and paint them... I can't find any coins I like well enough so I'm just making the antler ones.

Her default daggers were fun to carve! (besides being the first time to cut myself with an x-acto knife... guess I avoided it long enough lol) I really like the shape of those daggers. Plus I'm making her regular outfit, so I think it's fitting ^^

However, I'm trying to avoid making that corset as this is my second "real" cosplay... Found a corset I might be able to use, but want a second opinion xD http://www.amazon.com/Escante-Womens-Clockwork-Costume-Medium/dp/B004UUKWSG/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pdT1_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3S8PP3I5FG 22T&coliid=I3ATFW74G1TZVJ

I would post a pic of my in progress daggers... but I lost my camera xD
Unread 10-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #1191
TheFontBandit
Trial-&-Error Champion

Hmmm... I'm unfamiliar with that brand of costume for the corset, so I'm not sure. I tend to like my corsets with a whole lot of structure though (I like a good 5 inches of waist reduction if I can get it), so sorry I'm not much help on fashion-style corsets that are more flexible. >_<

That sucks about your camera! I'm excited to see the daggers when you can get pics though.
Unread 10-10-2012, 08:46 PM   #1192
Cascade

I just really don't wanna make a corset. I could never wear such a tight corset! 2.5 is enough for me... haha, but I like being able to breathe. I just hope the corset doesn't look too stupid. Close enough I bet though.

I shall get my magnets tomorrow but I'm not sure if I'll work on my costume this weekend, got a new video game... sooo yeah. I might put Izzy to the side for now. So much work and school too, I cannot wait for a break.
Unread 10-11-2012, 12:49 PM   #1193
TheFontBandit
Trial-&-Error Champion

I think the corset on Amazon looks about right, appearance-wise. with the dress and pauldron and everything, I think it'll look great.

I understand about putting things aside for a while - that's usually how I do it. I get really excited about something for a few weeks, then I'll move onto something else for a while and come back to the first thing a month or two later.

On the corsets, it just takes time to get used to wearing them, as well as having corsets that fit you well (which can be tricky if you have a long or short torso). I've found I can't really wear overbust ones often - I prefer underbust, and certain brands/shapes fit me better than others. I started off with only cinching them in a couple of inches, and just realized over time that I was getting more and more comfortable with a tighter corset.

Also... *pokes thread* Anyone else still around? Anyone working on costumes at the moment, or just taking a breather after con season is mostly over?
Unread 10-11-2012, 10:07 PM   #1194
Cascade

Yeah, where's everyone else?! xD

Got my magnets today and it's so hard to break them apart O.o However, I don't really think I'll make much more progress on Izzy this weekend. I would say more, but just so tired ._.
Unread 10-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #1195
Xavietta
A.K.A St. Kitten

I have totally not kept up with this thread and I have no idea what's going on!! I did finish Merrill for DragonCon though, here are a few shots:

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3279993/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3279766/

The chainmail...I am really happy with the way it looks, but that is the most uncomfortable costume I have every worn. Worse than Leliana, worse than my sawblade mannequin O-o I will not wear Merrill again without some major modifications, so we'll see what happens for next years DragonCon ^^
Xavietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2012, 02:38 PM   #1196
Cascade

I'm made some progress on Isabela! Mostly just prop, armor and jewelery stuff though. I'm trying to avoid her tunic ._. I went and bought a fake corset, I think I'll find nothing closer to Izzy's. I just refused to make a corset and refuse to wear a steel boned at a convention... Ren Faire's a different story though... =D

Anyway here's some progress photos. I might paint some today... (Yes I am wearing my Morrigan Disapproves shirt...)

http://s1172.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=3
http://s1172.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=2
http://s1172.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=0

I love my daggers so far! I'm using magnets and the tips have magnets in them so the blades will stick together easily on my back. Forgot to show how they float... maybe after I paint them...
Unread 11-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #1197
humanoidrkangel
Lunar Rose

i am working on a cheap cosplay and i have ran into a problem. i am doing a mage but wearing cloth armour and sadly it wont have any armor peices yet since i am kinda broke. my outfit will look more like a rogue but i dont have anything for it. i need a cheap way to make a staff and i have until ohayocon in janurary to make it. ideas please ^^
humanoidrkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 01:52 PM   #1198
Cascade

Any preference on materials? For my Morrigan cosplay I attacked a pine tree, but that probably won't work the same. But styrofoam and other foam takes longer to make look good... but it's cheaper than somethings but wouldn't be sturdy without some support like a dowel rod or something... Also craft foam armor? I love craft foam xD

But I think foam or styrofoam would be cheapest... I'm not sure what our Mage Hawke used to make her staff...
Unread 11-23-2012, 01:25 PM   #1199
Anders
Lurking Lurker

Red face

So um.

I've been lurking here since page 20-something, and in case anyone was interested, I found some cheap boots that could be modded for an Anders cosplay. They need re-lacing and maybe some stitching across the laces, but I actually bought a pair for my planned Anders costume and I think they'll work well~ Especially for people (like me!) who have little experience.

so yes um sorry for being strange ahaha

/rolls away
Unread 11-28-2012, 11:44 AM   #1200
humanoidrkangel
Lunar Rose

yea i dont have much experience with craft foam >< interesting idea though and i like the idea of the pine tree but i dont have much idea with carving as well >< i could try cause im hoping to be a mage for one day, gym leader flannery day 2 and day three normal clothes XD
humanoidrkangel is offline   Reply With Quote