Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Hong Kong

View Poll Results: Why did you start cosplaying?
My friends introduced me 2 50.00%
I saw some Cosplayers and wanted to try 3 75.00%
Got addicted to anime/manga 0 0%
Its cool 1 25.00%
Its unique 0 0%
I was bored/ I had time to spare >.< 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 10-09-2012, 12:34 AM   #1
pinku_shinigami
pinku_shinigami

Smile Cosplayers in hk?

hey there! Just wondering if there are any people who cosplay in hk who would have some good shop suggestions for cosplay stuff I just got introduced to cosplaying a few months ago and I'd like to give it a try hope to be able to be one of those awesome Cosplayers at the anicom next year!! oh and could you guys also give me some tips as a beginner >.< I don't even have a group of people to go cosplaying with since all my friends don't like anime or manga that much I'm also new to this website so please be nice to me
pinku_shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #2
Akise
吹雪

Hi there,
I'm going to send you a private message for the other stuff related to cosplaying, but I'll post links you can use to purchase cosplay-related stuff in Hong Kong here so everyone can use them if needed ~
Well, one of the most popular cosplay stores in Hong Kong:
www.cosplay.shopping.ttyy.hk (the actual shop is in Mongkok)
I personally buy stuff off the Mainland because the stuff there are usually more detailed, prettier (surprise surprise), more comfy, and cheaper (goes without a doubt). Problem though? Shipping (Some charge extra for Hong Kong - usually around RMB30 is a safe estimate). And you have to speak Chinese on the website.
Good luck in cosplaying!
Another place you could consider:
Laforet Excelsior Plaza Shop 109, 24-26 East Point Road Causeway Bay Hong Kong (It's right opposite Sogo)
Akise is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 03:00 AM   #3
Emoyottaru

Hi!

=O Been ages since I've come on the HK forum. HAhaha >.<;
Yeah, same here, I'm only person I know who cosplay and I don't really cosplay, I just dress up. xD hahah. It seems like good time to just be nice and presentable. ^.^
Yeah, I think the more ppl who cosplay are like secret societies. Can't read chinese, so I'm doomed. >_<; ekkk

But yeah that shop has nice wig wigs there. ^_^ I weared this white one, and I got stares as I went from mei foo to wai cha! So... good. =)
Emoyottaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 03:14 AM   #4
pinku_shinigami
pinku_shinigami

How did you guys decide who to cosplay? Because I want to cosplay but I want to cosplay so many characters... But it's too expensive or me to do that I don't know how to read Chinese at all.... Which sucks since I can't use taobao, not that m mom would let me use her credit card anyway >
Unread 12-11-2012, 11:53 PM   #5
bcmilk

Hello!
Well I personally started because I enjoy anime and I started seeing awesome cosplay photos and was like - heck i want to do this!
Basically i chose a character that i really liked - only one and studied the outfit really well. I chose not to buy anything because cosplays are pretty expensive and some aren't as detailed/have bad choice of fabric. I learnt how to sew at school so i went ahead and bought clothing patterns from cosomode magazines.
In Hong Kong theres a special way to buy from Taobao without using credit card (even if you do own credit card i think you have to have a china bank account). Basically you buy cards from 7-11 and type down the special codes on the alipay site to put into your taobao. Warning the shipping cost can be quite expensive and i was made to pay some extra shipping when some of my wigs came.
I'm not a chinese speaker/reader as well but i do my best to translate things on google or ask friends. If you want we could meet up at a convention soon - Asia Game Show or Rainbow Gala.
bcmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 05:18 AM   #6
pinku_shinigami
pinku_shinigami

hii
wow! you're amazing!!! how long does it take for you to finish an outfit? it must be very hard to make your own... so cool!!!
whewww another convention!!! heard about it but i have NO idea if i can go... i know that the Asia Game Show is from 21-24 Dec this year at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, but it says like "Hall 5, F & G" so is that where Anicon was? When and where is Rainbow Gala though? haha i am horrible at directions, i had to google this year's Anicon for sooo long until i knew how to get there >.<
Unread 12-13-2012, 06:16 AM   #7
bcmilk

Thank you~ Still learning thou :P

It depends on how much time I have and the level of difficulty (for me) the outfit is.
I don't really work on high level armor cosplays since i yet to have cultivate my skills for it but the simple ones i can do. The cosplay in my DP took 2 weeks to finish - the lines were all hand painted so it took a while. THe first cosplay I made took me 2 months to finish - it was an off and on project, had some mocks to do and wasn't really sure where to start.

Well if you want directions we could meet up at the MTR station and I could take you to the place. Its Kowloon Bay station on the Green Line.
Unread 12-13-2012, 06:35 PM   #8
pinku_shinigami
pinku_shinigami

wow man thats still cool
i need to see which day i can go first though cuz there's a lot of hw i thought the Hong Kong Convention Centre was wai chai or smt on the blue line?
Unread 12-13-2012, 06:46 PM   #9
pinku_shinigami
pinku_shinigami

when would you be going?
Unread 12-15-2012, 03:19 AM   #10
bcmilk

Yep - Asia Game Show is in Wan Chai, HOng kong convention centre.
There's another smaller event in the place i mentioned above on the Sunday. http://www.rainbowgalahk.com/main.php
Unread 12-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #11
pinku_shinigami
pinku_shinigami

would it be a good idea if i asked my friends to get me stuff from japan when they go on holiday? whatcha think guys??