Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 642 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 10-09-2012, 10:20 AM   #56656
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
What innuendo?
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-09-2012, 10:22 AM   #56657
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I caught on! My friends have a list of all the unintentionally sexual things I say. It's rather extensive
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #56658
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
Flying to NYCC in 2 days --- STRESS OF FLYING INTO A FOREIGN REGION.

I looked an article that said rent was up to 10K a month there and thought that was impossible.
Monthly or annually? Cause I'll believe both.

Also GET HYPEDDDDDDDDD!!

"I can't believe I was stupid enough to be that faux radical. Never listen to a college student's opinion about anything. Secretly, they're just as dumb as high school kids, perhaps even more so." -Drew Magary
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 10:27 AM   #56659
EmperorTKetchup

Oh wow, a great conversation to start the morning

Cosplay WIP's
Negi Springfield - 75% completed
Spike (MLP:FIM) - 40% completed

Cosplay-in-plan
Yui Hirasawa - would-be first crossplay
KitsuNegi - Delicious trap...?
EmperorTKetchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 10:56 AM   #56660
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
I caught on! My friends have a list of all the unintentionally sexual things I say. It's rather extensive
Yeah, I believe you mentioned that before XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Monthly or annually? Cause I'll believe both.

Also GET HYPEDDDDDDDDD!!
I think it was monthly --- it was on one of those 10 costiest cities to live in articles with dubious information in them. I can't find the one with NYCC in it again when I looked just now. Still, that's 120K$ in rent, with nothing included.

HOW MUCH MONEY DO THESE PEOPLE MAKE???

I just looked the Javits on Google Map and there was the Bronx in the upper right --- stereotypical views of the mainstream media has now colored my outlook with unadultered fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorTKetchup View Post
Oh wow, a great conversation to start the morning
Regardless of your intent, I read this totally non-sarcastically.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #56661
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

So far the (mercifully abbreviated) week is off to a lousy start. I'm going to a show by myself tonight, and hoping it doesn't turn out to be a disaster, because I'd really like to end the day on a good note and having a bad experience while seeing my favorite band would just really bite. If things go okay tonight, I just might be able to handle the rest of the week.

At least I have a cute outfit picked out, for all the good it'll do me.

ETA: Kilz, I don't know what that map was showing you, but the Javits isn't really all that close to the Bronx, and is in fact in one of the overall more decent neighborhoods.

And $10,000/mo for rent would not surprise me at all, for some of the upscale areas in the city. $10,000 annually WOULD surprise me, because where the hell can you get a spot in the city for less than $1,000 a month? If you can, it's probably barely habitable.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison

Last edited by penny_dreadful : 10-09-2012 at 11:09 AM.
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 11:33 AM   #56662
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
I think it was monthly --- it was on one of those 10 costiest cities to live in articles with dubious information in them. I can't find the one with NYCC in it again when I looked just now. Still, that's 120K$ in rent, with nothing included.

I just looked the Javits on Google Map and there was the Bronx in the upper right --- stereotypical views of the mainstream media has now colored my outlook with unadultered fear.

Regardless of your intent, I read this totally non-sarcastically.
The Bronx is a way's off from the Javitis, and the crime rate there is overrated, like PD said. Honestly the hipster parts of Brooklyn are more dangerous than the majority of the Bronx. Fear not, you'll be fine.

"I can't believe I was stupid enough to be that faux radical. Never listen to a college student's opinion about anything. Secretly, they're just as dumb as high school kids, perhaps even more so." -Drew Magary
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 12:06 PM   #56663
eebee

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
ETA: Kilz, I don't know what that map was showing you, but the Javits isn't really all that close to the Bronx, and is in fact in one of the overall more decent neighborhoods.

And $10,000/mo for rent would not surprise me at all, for some of the upscale areas in the city. $10,000 annually WOULD surprise me, because where the hell can you get a spot in the city for less than $1,000 a month? If you can, it's probably barely habitable.
Yeah, it's pretty pricey here. 10k/month isn't even the upper bound of possible apartments. I wouldn't even want to risk a guess at that upper bound. Lots of New Yorkers make lots of money. It's possible to live here and not make a lot of money though. I only pay $810/month in rent, and though I live perpetually broke, I get by. =) It's not so much that everyone's rich as it is that some people are rich. There's a very wide range of incomes and apartments.

Yeah, the Javits is far from the Bronx. The Javits is, in fact, frustratingly far from lots of things. xD The Bronx does have a bit of a bad reputation, but it mostly comes from just one or two neighborhoods. Every city has a few dangerous neighborhoods. New York as a whole actually ranks as one of the safest cities in the country.

Getting sick three days before the con...>.> Time for lots of orange juice and naps. I will not let this get in the way of my fun!

Chosen, In Planning:
Carmelita Fox (with Sly Cooper), Riza Hawkeye (with Roy Mustang), Emma Frost (with Namor, Phoenix Five editions)

Under Construction:
Ravager, Reina Roja (with Gabriel Santiago)
eebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 12:21 PM   #56664
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

10,000 a month?! That's close to what I make in a year!
Those must be the really fancy places where rich people live
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #56665
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

I never realised how conditioned I am to hit the reload key in FPSs until I started playing a Mecromancer on Borderlands (I'm seriously considering remapping it). O_o

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 12:29 PM   #56666
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Honestly the hipster parts of Brooklyn are more dangerous than the majority of the Bronx.
Certainly they're more horrifying to look at.

That is legit a typical scene from Williamsburg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eebee View Post
The Javits is, in fact, frustratingly far from lots of things. xD
JFC is it ever. In City terms, I mean. I always have to readjust my perception when I travel to other parts of the country where you have to drive 45 minutes across a mountain or whatever to get to the nearest grocery store, whereas living here traveling more than half an hour for anything is a giant frigging inconvenience.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #56667
ResidentPyroman
Not a man

As of about three days ago, I'm missing the tip of my right thumb because the x-acto knife I was using to cut some pretty solid pleather for detailing slipped.

I don't know what to think about the fact that I was more worried about getting blood on my costume than the fact that I'd cut off a part of my thumb.
ResidentPyroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 01:08 PM   #56668
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
10,000 a month?! That's close to what I make in a year!
Those must be the really fancy places where rich people live
My mom considered an apartment in NYC that was half a million.
Yes, a month.

It overlooked Central Park.
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
Certainly they're more horrifying to look at.

That is legit a typical scene from Williamsburg.
I will be sure to check Williamsburg off my places to visit.

The old guy with the dog has been whistling since 12.

It's past 2.

I can hear him as loud as if he where in the next room
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #56669
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidentPyroman View Post
As of about three days ago, I'm missing the tip of my right thumb because the x-acto knife I was using to cut some pretty solid pleather for detailing slipped.

I don't know what to think about the fact that I was more worried about getting blood on my costume than the fact that I'd cut off a part of my thumb.
Ouch, that sounds painful. Are you ok?

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #56670
ResidentPyroman
Not a man

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaori87 View Post
Ouch, that sounds painful. Are you ok?
Yeah, it's wrapped up in so many bandages I can't move it at all, but as long as there isn't pressure on it I'm cool.
ResidentPyroman is offline   Reply With Quote