Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-05-2011, 02:06 AM   #91
KittyKax
Little Miss Starlight

Michelle Phan is cool but...I dunno her cosplay makeup tutorials are just odd X(

Like I get what she's doing but when I do cosplay makeup, my idea is to make myself look like what the character would look like if they were a real person, not try to make myself look like an anime character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVmtZ...eature=related
Her Hatsune Miku tutorial was...scary lol I've never seen a Miku cosplayer with THAT exaggerated makeup before, and the way she brushes her pigtails with a regular brush, gah that makes me cringe XD

Unread 06-08-2012, 12:58 PM   #92
Soji-chan
Girl with the checkbones

I'll search by myself and post the results here if I find something, but I'm searching for smehing that will make me look older. I'll be cosplay Lin Bei Fong , who's 50 years old, (and althought she don't have wrinkles, she DO look her age, so I was wondering how to look older. I'm currently almost 27 years old, but people often think I'm younger....
Soji-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 01:06 PM   #93
Signal Fire

A contoured face with thin, high arched brows and thinner matte lips will instantly age you. And stay away from make-up looks that open up the eyes and keep it all matte (:
Signal Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 01:18 PM   #94
Soji-chan
Girl with the checkbones

Thanks Signal Fire. I actually already have the same cheekbones as her, so this is going to help XD I'll do a make up test this week-end.
Soji-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2012, 03:21 AM   #95
Beylar

hi,does anyone got tips for me cuz its my first time cosplaying n am freaking out.I got every thing ready except makeup.btw,I am going as yuki onna pls help!
Beylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 03:06 PM   #96
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

Does anyone have any good eye liner or liquid eye liner suggestions for cosplay? i've bought a few and they barely show up on my eyes. I used Loreal and i like it. but i just don't like the shiny affect the give. i kind of want it a bit less shiny or natural so to say. Also does anyone know about a good Mascara?

~Working On/Non Con Currently~
Clawdeen Wolf Ver.Unannounced (Monster High)~20%
Scheherazade Al-Rahman Ver.Cheongsam (Trinity Blood)~0%

~Youmacon 2014 Lineup~
Misuzu Kamio (Air) ~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)~80%
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 08:28 PM   #97
Ion
Lyrical gangster

Ashe, you did not mention what kinds of eyeliner you have tried but have you ever used powder eyeliner? It is pretty easy to apply and you can make thin-to-thick lines quickly. As it is a powder, it does not look shiny, rather it has a velvety texture. Pic related.

L'oreal also makes a mineral eyeliner powder which gives a nice, clean, matte look. If you use this, get a real eyeliner brush as the one that is included is really cheap. If you find that you are getting specks of powder everywhere, dampen the tip of your brush before applying and it will help contain and deliver the product exactly where you want.

Another possibility is to get absolutely matte cream eyeliners, eyeliner pencils, and liquid liner. Some of them have shimmer or sparkles in the formula which can look more like "party time" than "natural". However, many brands do have matte formulas so seek them out, I particularly like NYX products as they are decent quality products but not so expensive that you feel guilty if a few of them turn out different than you thought.

In terms of mascara, if you want really noticeable lashes like what they show you in makeup commercials and adverts, you are going to need false lashes to achieve that look, though they never tell consumers that. However, you can make your natural lashes more noticeable [just not as noticeable as with falsies] using a mascara. Here too, I like NYX products so you can try all the formulas without breaking the bank. My current favorite from them is Doll Eye mascara which also comes in a waterproof formula. Honestly though, most people have a brand they like the most and can find a suitable formula from said brand's offerings so it will take a bit of trial and error since not everyone wants the same thing from their mascara.

CURRENT PROJECTS
Astrid - How to Train Your Dragon 2 | Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Satsuki Kiryuin - Kill la Kill | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 10:40 PM   #98
Esmenet
Time to change, Changer

Jumping on the guru YouTube chain...Goldiestarling, and dope2111 are amazing makeup artists with great tutorials. They're transformations are amazing to watch, and pretty simple to execute yourself. They do character specific and generic, so if anything the techniques are helpful.

Work in Progress:
Rei (genderbend)-Free! [90%]
Momoi Satsuki-KnB [100%]
Nora Valkyrie-RWBY [60%]

Upcoming Cons:
Anime North
Colossalcon
Anime Expo
Gen Con
Dragon*Con
Youmacon
Esmenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #99
sunflowercandy
SMAAAASH!!

I got a question, sorry if it's already been asked but I have really dark under circles under my eyes and no matter what i do either sleep more, or use other concealers you can still see them. What makeup would you recommend for those dark under circles so it looks like there isn't any there?

Theme: Dangan Ronpa

Ishimaru Kiyotaka - 0%
Mondo Oowada - 0%
Ishida - 0%
sunflowercandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #100
Esmenet
Time to change, Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflowercandy View Post
I got a question, sorry if it's already been asked but I have really dark under circles under my eyes and no matter what i do either sleep more, or use other concealers you can still see them. What makeup would you recommend for those dark under circles so it looks like there isn't any there?
What color are your dark circles: purple, blue, green? You want a concealer that is the complimentary color of your circles. If your circles are more purple in color, then use a yellow based concealer. If they are blue, I'd use a red and yellow based corrector mixed to achieve a more orange color. And if they are green, you want a reddish concealer. You can buy concealer corrector wheels from many brands, and there are a lot of tutorials on youtube that show you how to go about applying them under your normal concealer and powder.

Work in Progress:
Rei (genderbend)-Free! [90%]
Momoi Satsuki-KnB [100%]
Nora Valkyrie-RWBY [60%]

Upcoming Cons:
Anime North
Colossalcon
Anime Expo
Gen Con
Dragon*Con
Youmacon
Esmenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 07:51 PM   #101
girloflowers

This isn't really a question about makeup but more a question of where to post something.
I am a trained professional makeup artist, where would I post if I wanted to offer my services on here?
Also where would I post if i wanted to like have a thread or something where people could ask for advice? I want to shaaare the knooowledge :P
girloflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 02:41 AM   #102
mikazuki
三日月

Just answer questions from people who have specific questions. Over the years I've learned it's easier that way. I've seen too many people try the "I'm going to create a thread where people can ask me for advice" and who either ignore questions or the information was lost due to the length of the thread.

If you want to solicit your services as a professional MUA be prepared for people to ask for credentials. Anyone can claim to be a professional MUA but very few are and not having those credentials separates real pros from those calling themselves a pro.
Unread 10-17-2013, 07:08 AM   #103
girloflowers

Yeah I figured with the first part i have my certificate and a good portfolio as far as the second goes!
girloflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2014, 10:27 PM   #104
Aisurutsuki

I was curious if anyone knows where I can get FITS Love Switch Pink Brown Mascara. Amazon has it but at a ridiculous price. I saw there was a store called Himecastle and Sasa.com but I am weary about ordering from here. If anyone has ordered from these places or knows where I can get it I would be forever grateful.
Staffer Since 2001
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Aisurutsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2014, 02:01 AM   #105
rchcc122
Gotta respect the gear.

So I'm doing a cosplay of a character with a very pale face and a video I watched for how to do her make-up suggested using Snazaroo. I kind of would like to find some sort of equivalent or what not that I could find in the store/in a costume store/anywhere. I don't need a lot, as the character's face just has that tinge of white to it that just requires some white paint.

So would I be able to find said make-up in a store or do I have to buy online?
Sango (InuYasha- 0%), Kaito Jeanne (Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne- 10%), Sailor Venus (Sailor Moon- 20%), Cowboy!America (Hetalia- 50%), Rainbow Brite (Rainbow Brite- 10%), Railgun (A Certain Magical Index/A Certain Scientific Index - 10%)

Facebook- Almost to 100 likes!

Arizona cosplayer?
rchcc122 is offline   Reply With Quote