Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 231 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 10-09-2012, 05:07 PM   #6571
Prissi
tsukini kawatte oshiokiyo

Steffi, I stalked down the photos you put on Deviantart. Amazing. <3 Congratulations on finally completing it!!

EDIT: Soooo just noticed that Arda Wigs finally has Chibi in yellow. >_> Trying to decide if I should put down the money for a new wig and just do it allllll over again. I would have to sell my... worn for 15 minutes tops wig, though...

EDIT again: I caved and put it up for sale. http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=304588 if any of you are interested.

Last edited by Prissi : 10-09-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Prissi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-09-2012, 06:57 PM   #6572
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-Steffi-x View Post
I got an email from Expo also, got a slot in the mini masquerade!
I'm going to be Eternal Moon on Sat & Sun.
Woohoo, thats great news. ^_^ Hopefully I will see your cosplay on stage then. (I need to juggle a few things cuz I said I would be lookout for my friends who will be in full fur suits all day Sat - hopefully they will want a break to cool down though and I will be able to come and watch the mini masquerade. If your Plu needs to borrow my time key staff on Sat she is welcome (esp if it helps her concentrate all effort into finishing her costume). Will you be cosplaying anything Fri this Expo?
May - London MCM Expo - Madonna :P
May - London MCM Expo -
Jun - London Film & Comic Con -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Ranma 1-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 01:28 AM   #6573
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma 1-2 View Post
Woohoo, thats great news. ^_^ Hopefully I will see your cosplay on stage then. (I need to juggle a few things cuz I said I would be lookout for my friends who will be in full fur suits all day Sat - hopefully they will want a break to cool down though and I will be able to come and watch the mini masquerade. If your Plu needs to borrow my time key staff on Sat she is welcome (esp if it helps her concentrate all effort into finishing her costume). Will you be cosplaying anything Fri this Expo?
Really? Oh that's fantastic, I'll let Rachel know about that, she'll be so happy! Thanks!
I'm cosplaying as Usagi in her school uniform on Friday. Just something casual and comfortable!

@Prissi: haha thanks, not as good as yours though! Though, I'm really interested in buying your wig, but I won't be able to straight away D:
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #6574
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
I'm cosplaying as Usagi in her school uniform on Friday. Just something casual and comfortable!
I would Love to see Usagi cosplay with a lifesize Luna plushie. Hint hint, make a Lunaaaaa ^_^
May - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Unread 10-10-2012, 04:17 PM   #6575
Prissi

Quote:
I would Love to see Usagi cosplay with a lifesize Luna plushie. Hint hint, make a Lunaaaaa ^_^
Hahahaha homg, you should totally do that. PGSM style go go!

Steffi, I don't think that mine is better than yours. We just had different ways of approaching it, and I'm definitely learning from seeing what you did differently. For starters, I'm starting to think I need to stop being lazy/scared and do bootcovers and use trim. >_____> Also, I'm not happy with the way my collar turned out in the least. You absolutely should be proud of what you've done.

I'll PM you about the wig.

Last edited by Prissi : 10-10-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Unread 10-12-2012, 09:11 AM   #6576
SuzuStarlight
Blade Brave

Steffi and Prissi: I think both of your cosplays are absolutely gorgeous in their own way. The two of you both have a different style and if I had to compare it to the musicals, I think Steffi has more the classic style (I'd see her as Fuminamoon, maybe) and Prissi has a more modern, new style (mostly comparable to Marinamoon, I guess). Also, the materials used by each one of you can't be really compared anyway. I think both cosplays look equally fabolous <3

I'm known as the musical moon in our group (even though I never did a transformed cosplay so far, only borrowed anime Eternal Moon from a friend for a few hours), so yeah, I think my opinion can be seen as a huge compliment. Tohohoho

~Up Next~
Sailor Moon ~Classic Musical Fuku~ (Sera Myu)
Joyful Knight Candelira ~Human form~ (Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger)
Maybe: Eri ~Cheerleader Version~ (Tensou Sentai Goseiger)
SuzuStarlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2012, 01:17 PM   #6577
Fénicia
Professional Seamstress

Like this, Ranma?:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/335124/
That's me as Usagi with a Luna-pushie that I made
Unread 10-12-2012, 03:29 PM   #6578
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fénicia View Post
Like this, Ranma?:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/335124/
That's me as Usagi with a Luna-pushie that I made
Yes, Exactly. We Need more Luna cosplays.. ^_^
May - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Unread 10-12-2012, 04:00 PM   #6579
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
I have a Bandai UFO Luna plushie that I can stick on my shoulder! I'll probably keep turning round and then have Luna smacked in my face each time, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prissi View Post
Hahahaha homg, you should totally do that. PGSM style go go!

Steffi, I don't think that mine is better than yours. We just had different ways of approaching it, and I'm definitely learning from seeing what you did differently. For starters, I'm starting to think I need to stop being lazy/scared and do bootcovers and use trim. >_____> Also, I'm not happy with the way my collar turned out in the least. You absolutely should be proud of what you've done.

I'll PM you about the wig.
It's typical though, I bought some horsehair braid for my friend who is doing Myu Pluto, but they didn't have enough, so I put in an order for more to be delivered. When it came, this horsehair braid was twice the size! I was miffed because my skirt could have been rufflier and more accurate with the thicker horsehair braid! Oh well.

The bootcovers weren't actually that bad to do! I traced the shape of the boots and soles and made a pattern. Used uber stretchy lycra and inserted invisible zips at the back for convenient ins and outs! I glued foam sheets for soles onto the bottom to prevent slipping!

If you'd like, I can take a picture of my patterns, so you have an idea!

But thank you! But my inspiration came from your cosplay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MirniMausi View Post
Steffi and Prissi: I think both of your cosplays are absolutely gorgeous in their own way. The two of you both have a different style and if I had to compare it to the musicals, I think Steffi has more the classic style (I'd see her as Fuminamoon, maybe) and Prissi has a more modern, new style (mostly comparable to Marinamoon, I guess). Also, the materials used by each one of you can't be really compared anyway. I think both cosplays look equally fabolous <3

I'm known as the musical moon in our group (even though I never did a transformed cosplay so far, only borrowed anime Eternal Moon from a friend for a few hours), so yeah, I think my opinion can be seen as a huge compliment. Tohohoho
D'aww thanks. I was actually trying to achieve the look of Miyuki, the only innacurate thing I think is the fact my glove rolls don't have "dots" on them. Because any pink dotty fabric that was available was too dark/light and didn't match the magenta on the rest of the costume..
But yes, you're description sums it up nicely!
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2012, 05:31 PM   #6580
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
I have a Bandai UFO Luna plushie that I can stick on my shoulder! I'll probably keep turning round and then have Luna smacked in my face each time, haha.
Yeeeees do iiiiiiiiit. I wanna see Luna bothering Usagi-chan. ^_^
May - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Unread 10-13-2012, 06:29 PM   #6581
SuzuStarlight
Blade Brave

Quote:
D'aww thanks. I was actually trying to achieve the look of Miyuki, the only innacurate thing I think is the fact my glove rolls don't have "dots" on them. Because any pink dotty fabric that was available was too dark/light and didn't match the magenta on the rest of the costume..
But yes, you're description sums it up nicely!
I think Miyuki is very similar to the old style. As I also considered the faces, I thought of Fumina, but the costume could also be Miyuki

~Up Next~
Unread 10-26-2012, 01:29 AM   #6582
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

Long time, no post! So apparently, we can get extra credit in my art class or dressing up like a greek god/goddess on Halloween, so I wanted to try to put this version of Venus together really quickly. Does anyone have any tips for doing this? I know this isn't a very popular costume, so I don't have very many people I can ask about how they did things. Any ideas for getting this done as quickly as possible?

http://www.google.com/search?q=sailo...0&bih=416#i=12
------------------
Gryffindor and proud!!!
------------------

Last edited by Fabulousity : 10-27-2012 at 04:23 AM.
Fabulousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 02:29 AM   #6583
Prissi

Mirni: Thank you for saying so. It means a lot. <3 Miyuki was my favorite for years but I watched Marina's musicals a lot while making my costume, and it was her first wings in the promo pictures that I modeled my own wings off of.

Fabulousity: If it's this image you're talking about: http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/510091 -- because your link just forwards really quick to Google... and this is the only "goddess" type picture I can think of... >_>

Pick a really super drapey fabric. Probably more yards than you think. Gather like crazy for the top with elastic, you can attach the spaghetti straps as ribbons. Gather like crazy for the waist with elastic. Find some lace to put around the waist. You can make roses for the hair with some tulle netting and some of the fabric you used for the skirt. Lettuce edge the hem, I think that would be really pretty.

If it's this one: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__.../f5/Lovely.jpg
Yellow tank top, sheer chiffon fabric (which is a pain to hem/work with, I'll warn you) again lettuce edged, over a gathered yellow skirt. It's simple and not completely exact, but it would be quick-ish, I think.

Last edited by Prissi : 10-29-2012 at 02:33 AM.
Unread 10-29-2012, 05:44 AM   #6584
SuzuStarlight
Blade Brave

Prissi: You're welcome!

Fabulousity: If it's the second of Prissi's links, I might be able to help. I have friends who did this type of costumes and I've seen almost all senshi live in this. If you want, I could ask someone how they did it^^

~Up Next~
Unread 11-01-2012, 05:58 PM   #6585
SuzuStarlight
Blade Brave

Just thought I'd add some progress pics for my Sailor Busters costume. I hoped to start sewing today, but that damn wig got me busy- and it's still not finished x,D

http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/234113/

Btw. there's five pics in the gallery, but on small view, only 3 of them are shown. Hope that will be fixed...

~Up Next~