Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Introductions

Unread 10-09-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
Apple Adams
Crossplay Diva!

Howdy from Apple!

Really should've posted here first!

Hiya, everyone! My name's Apple, I'm 23 years old, and I've been cosplaying for a little over 7 years now. I love the atmosphere of cons, everyone's always so accepting and appreciative!

In my spare time, I'm a gender illusionist, which in turn opened the gate for me to crossplay. I have a lot of fun doing what I do, it's so rewarding when people are impressed by the transformation.

I'll just keep it simple for now, planning on being very active with this community. See you all around!

xoxo, Apple
Apple Adams is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-10-2012, 12:03 AM   #2
Kumoshi
Just a cowardly montblanc

Welcome to cosplay.com (: Wow, you've been cosplaying a long time, keep it up ^-^
What are your favorite cosplays that you've done?

AX 2014:
- Vanellope Von Schweetz (Wreck-it Ralph)
- Kuroko Tetsuya (Kuroko no Basket)
- Isana Yashiro (K Project)
Kumoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 04:05 AM   #3
Apple Adams
Crossplay Diva!

Thank you, Kumoshi! I certainly have no intentions to stop any time soon. n_n

Oh geez, that's a tough one. I'm gonna say it's a three way tie between Harley Quinn from Arkham Asylum, Gino Gambino of Gaia Online, and Poison from Final Fight. To be fair, the only reason why Gino's one of my favorites is because he was my first. It was such a terrible costume and I knew next to nothing about cosplay. But we all gotta start somewhere, so that lame costume's always going to have a special place in my heart.
Unread 10-10-2012, 09:37 AM   #4
sunseenli
Philosophaster Ephemerist

Hi Apple! Nice to meet you! If you don't mind my asking, what's a "gender illusionist"? (And do you have a pronoun preference?)
sunseenli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #5
Apple Adams
Crossplay Diva!

Hi sunseenli! Nice to meet you too, thanks for the greeting.

A gender illusionist is someone who puts an insane amount of effort into looking like a woman for the purpose of entertaining others. It's a lot like being a drag queen, only the makeup and costumes are a little less flamboyant and extraordinary. It's a lot of fun, and the makeup and costume skills I've picked up from it have really helped me improve my cosplays.

How kind of you to ask! You can refer to me however you'd like. Sometimes I legitimately feel like either a boy or a girl, so I answer to both.
Unread 10-10-2012, 11:55 AM   #6
sunseenli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Adams View Post
Hi sunseenli! Nice to meet you too, thanks for the greeting.

A gender illusionist is someone who puts an insane amount of effort into looking like a woman for the purpose of entertaining others. It's a lot like being a drag queen, only the makeup and costumes are a little less flamboyant and extraordinary.
You know, I had no idea! That's a really, really cool concept. (Shall I quote Eddie Izzard, and ask if it's similar to being an "executive transvestite"?)

Quote:
It's a lot of fun, and the makeup and costume skills I've picked up from it have really helped me improve my cosplays.

How kind of you to ask! You can refer to me however you'd like. Sometimes I legitimately feel like either a boy or a girl, so I answer to both.
Okay, cool! Generally speaking whenever people crossplay I refer to them by their character's gender rather than their own, but I did want to check.
Unread 10-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #7
Apple Adams
Crossplay Diva!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunseenli View Post
You know, I had no idea! That's a really, really cool concept. (Shall I quote Eddie Izzard, and ask if it's similar to being an "executive transvestite"?)
Haha, precisely! Running, jumping, climbing trees, putting on makeup while you're up there. That's me all over.

Quote:
Okay, cool! Generally speaking whenever people crossplay I refer to them by their character's gender rather than their own, but I did want to check.
That's very considerate of you, and I'm sure anyone in that situation appreciates it. I'm the same way, I find it very polite and courteous to address someone by the gender they are representing at the time. The only reason I don't particularly care is because I switch back and forth so often, I don't even know what to call myself. XD
Unread 10-10-2012, 01:44 PM   #8
sunseenli

Quote:
Haha, precisely! Running, jumping, climbing trees, putting on makeup while you're up there. That's me all over.
Oh, and you're a fan. Excellent.

Quote:
That's very considerate of you, and I'm sure anyone in that situation appreciates it. I'm the same way, I find it very polite and courteous to address someone by the gender they are representing at the time. The only reason I don't particularly care is because I switch back and forth so often, I don't even know what to call myself. XD
::laughs:: That's all right. Apple's a perfect "gender neutral" name. And anyway, it doesn't matter whether you're an "innie" or an "outie", so to speak, so long as you look fabulous doing it. Too bad we live on opposite coasts--I would love to see some of your costumes!
Unread 10-10-2012, 03:30 PM   #9
Apple Adams
Crossplay Diva!

Quote:
Oh, and you're a fan. Excellent.
I am very much a fan! Eddie Izzard really inspired me to get into what I do. Plus, the man's hysterical.

Quote:
::laughs:: That's all right. Apple's a perfect "gender neutral" name. And anyway, it doesn't matter whether you're an "innie" or an "outie", so to speak, so long as you look fabulous doing it.
Could not agree more! Gender, age, height, weight, who cares? As long as you have the confidence and the drive to work it!

Quote:
Too bad we live on opposite coasts--I would love to see some of your costumes!
Right? How unfortunate. I do have a shoot coming up either later this month or the first week of November though, so at the very least I'll have some photos up here shortly.

~In Progress~
Erica Anderson - Catherine
Isabella - Paradise Kiss

My Tumblr
My deviantART
My Facebook
Unread 10-11-2012, 01:55 PM   #10
sunseenli

Quote:
I am very much a fan! Eddie Izzard really inspired me to get into what I do. Plus, the man's hysterical.

Could not agree more! Gender, age, height, weight, who cares? As long as you have the confidence and the drive to work it!

Right? How unfortunate. I do have a shoot coming up either later this month or the first week of November though, so at the very least I'll have some photos up here shortly.
Awesome! I very much look forward to seeing your photos!