Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 10-11-2012, 12:53 AM   #1
TheCosplayFox

Coloring eyelashes and eyebrows for sensitive skin?

The question pretty much says it all. I've been trying to color my eyebrows and lashes for awhile now with pretty much no luck. I can only get my eyebrows blue colored due to using a water colored pencil lol, it doesn't irritate my skin I dunno. I have pretty dark eyebrows and I've tried the glue stick method it just doesn't work for me. I was honestly thinking about bleaching my eyebrows, I know your not really supposed to but I used to do it before when my hair was super light blonde and then I'd pencil them in or use eye shadow for cosplay and it looked awesome and I was able to use the normal makeup I'm able to tolerate. Issue is I don't have blonde hair anymore and man that will look pretty weird =/.

My eye's seem to be even more sensitive then my skin I get pretty bad irritation from mascara and I'm wondering what to do about this I really want to go the extra mile and color my eyelashes. I'm hoping to find something for both my eyebrows and lashes that I can use for many different colors. I've tried colored mascara before in the past it didn't really work and it made my eyes hurt. The color didn't really show up at all so maybe some reccomended brands and places to find these online if possible? I also tried colored false eyelashes and this looked better though my natural colored lashes showed through so it looked a bit odd and the eyelash glue made my eyes irritated. So if anyone has any reccomended eyelash glue that would be helpful as well.

Oh btw, for stuff you'd find in any regular department store I seem to do fine with maybe line makeup when it comes to eyeshadows, lipsticks, liners etc though the foundations make me breakout. For foundation I normally use airbrush makeup and I use this one organic makeup that I buy online or I'll use pure mineral powders I buy this online to it's actually pretty cheap if you know where to get it from if anyone is wondering.

Last edited by TheCosplayFox : 10-11-2012 at 12:56 AM.
TheCosplayFox is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #2
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

What type of glue stick di you use. El cheaper ones from the dollar store don't really work. I use an elmers one.

But the glue stick is only meant to cost the hairs not mask them out to protect them. You use a nude concealer or white creme product like a NYX jumbo pencil in Milk as a base before covering your brow in a powder shadow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKboGBpeujQ

I've also used waterproof eyeliner to recolour and fill in my brows in a number of shades.
Gold waterproof eye liner
Dark Blue Waterproof eyeliner
Dark Brown Waterproof eyeliner
White shimmer waterproof eyeliner
Copper and peach waterproof eyeliner.

Don't worry about your eyelashes, honestly coloured lashes wash you out more then help the look. If you really want to you can find white priming mascara are the drug store to block out you lashes and you can paint then with a gel pencil or gel pot.

I personal go with false lashes if you want a noticeable colour change.

What eyelash glue to did you use? It have an issue with DUO original myself as the Formaldehyd would cause my lids to get puffy. >_<

Quote:
DUO Clear

Aqua (Water, Eau), Rubber Latex, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Dodecylbenzenesulfonate,Ammonium Hydroxide, Parfum (Fragrance), Coumarin, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool,Formaldehyde. May Contain: CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).
Super sensitive myself so what brand of airbrush foundation are you using?

Unplugged Expo
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North (Nehelenia), Otakuthon(maybe), FanEXPO
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 10-11-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote