Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Metal Gear

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 234 votes, 4.91 average.
Unread 09-25-2012, 12:38 AM   #7846
Diegator
User of Swords

Those are really epic pics, gollum. I'd seen that Raiden before, and then I realized who it was when I saw the autograph on the shoulder piece. Trully epic.

Unread 09-26-2012, 05:57 AM   #7847
Gollum

Thanks
Unread 10-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #7848
Umbra.Exe
Loves bad puns

Hey all, I'm back again. School's been keeping me pretty busy, but I managed to go buy myself a compression shirt at Target on Thursday. Cost me $25 exactly.

I ended up buying a small size. They weren't kidding about the extra small! I could barely get my hands through the sleeves. I didn't want to risk getting it over my head, for fear of not being able to get it off again! XD

But, I have a question: How "tight" should the shirt actually fit? It's a bit tricky to get on because the cuffs and collar don't stretch, but once it's on, it's still a bit.. Wrinkly. Is it not supposed to be that tight? Or is there a specific way to put it on to prevent wrinkles? ^^; Maybe I can try to alter mine or something, because I don't think I want to get that Extra-Small shirt. 8[
Umbra.Exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 03:26 PM   #7849
RoninEclipse2G
Hope rides ALONE!

I'm normally a 2XL, but my compression shirts are L and XL (I have one that's a bit thicker and looks more accurate, and one that's thinner and breathes better) Both are quite tight on me, and I can barely get my head through the thicker one. There's certainly no wrinkles at all.
RoninEclipse2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #7850
Umbra.Exe
Loves bad puns

Hmm. Yeah, mine has quite a few wrinkles, hard to call it a "compression" shirt if it's not even tight. :| Yet it's very difficult to put on... All because the stupid cuffs and collar don't stretch. >.< Apparently they've never heard of a zig-zag stitch....

I'm wondering if I should go back and get a smaller size, and change the stitching on the cuffs so it'll stretch. Then again, I'm not confident in my ability to sew stretchy material...
Or maybe I should buy a different brand? Mine says "Advanced High Performance by Champion."

The wrinkles do bother me, so if I can get another shirt that doesn't have this problem, I will. As long as I can still put it on without crushing my eyeballs with the collar. XD

Oh, also, are your shirts a little fuzzy on the inside? Mine is, which seems nice for the winter, but not so nice for warmer weather... Just wondering if they're all like that, considering they're long-sleeved. ^^;
Unread 10-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #7851
RoninEclipse2G
Hope rides ALONE!

Mine are Starter brand that I picked up at Walmart for $10 each. The thinner one is just a very lightweight spandexy stuff. Thinner than most swimsuits really. The thicker one has sort of a thermal layer, but I wouldn't say that it's "fuzzy."
Unread 10-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #7852
Umbra.Exe
Loves bad puns

I guess the thermal layer on mine isn't so "fuzzy" per se, but it's kind of... Suede-like. I'm thinking now that it's probably going to be good for keeping my arms warm, as I get cold easily.

Thanks for the info on the thinner shirts, sounds like they'd be good for the warmer months here! (I'm still hoping for a cold Halloween though. )

A side note on the rest of the costume:I've finally got the rest of the things ordered, or at least the webbing and hardware for the harness anyway. I think it's supposed to come in later this week, or maybe next. Either way, I hope I can get it all together before Halloween. EDIT: My webbing and clips came in two days ago. (On the 16th) Still need to cut and sew it all up though.

Also wondering if I can wear the costume to school for Halloween, sans weapons of course. Just have to find out if I can wear face paint or not. I think masks aren't allowed, but I'm not sure about makeup. EDIT: Most people I've asked say face paint is OK. I know fursuiters, for the costume contest last year, wore their masks (of course). So maybe I can use makeup. If not, I guess I can wipe it off if someone tells me something. *shrug*

EDIT: 10-20-12: Backpack came in yesterday, awesome. Also, what happened to everyone? ^^;

Last edited by Umbra.Exe : 10-20-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Unread 10-27-2012, 02:34 AM   #7853
rj_sosongco
Rated R for Radical!

Odds are full face makeup isn't allowed. Most of the time, full face makeup isn't allowed on school campuses because it may make it TOO difficult to identify a person in an actual emergency. All it takes is one person who ISN'T supposed to be on campus, and the school can go into complete lockdown. Full face makeup or coming to school with a full-headed mask on, especially on a day when masks, costumes, and props are expected to be in large numbers, would make it really easy for someone to get on campus unnoticed.

I'd go with something partial, something with stripes or splotchy patterns but still showing skin. Definitely no zombie or all-black paint.
rj_sosongco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 10:52 AM   #7854
Umbra.Exe
Loves bad puns

That's exactly why I was wondering about the makeup. You can never be too careful these days. (It's also why I wouldn't even think about bringing prop weapons. Bad idea!)
I was probably only going to do Splitter makeup at most, and maybe contour my face a bit. Zombie would be cool, but like you said, it covers the whole face.

I also just remembered that students from Theatrical Makeup often wear their work around campus with no problems. Even so, I'm still going to bring makeup remover, just in case. ^^;

Thank you for the advice!
Unread 11-04-2012, 04:59 PM   #7855
Petchymon

Well, here my Peace Walker version of Big Boss cosplay I've done at London MCM Expo. I was originally going to wear the original olive jungle fatigues on the day but the top part didn't arrive on time, so I decided to do the tiger stripes once more. Also the bandanna is wrong colour as I didn't have time to find charcoal grey fabric. Also need to edit the new compression shirt. Besides them the costume went pretty ok.

Oh btw, the beard is real. XD

Here's some shots. Hope you all enjoy.

My next MGS cosplay project will be MGS1 Solid Snake, so far I found most of the gear, including the perfect snow boots. Just having trouble finding the right gloves for Snake. If you guys can help out that would be wonderful! Thanks!
Petchymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #7856
Umbra.Exe
Loves bad puns

Petchymon: Awesome cosplay! And pretty cool that the beard is real. XD The black gloves/gun on a black background make the first picture a bit hard to see though... Or it could just be my monitor. ^^;

I had the opposite problem as you with the uniform... My Woodland Camo stuff didn't fit, so I had to wear Olive Drab.

Unfortunately, I can't give any suggestions on Snake's gloves, haven't played MGS1 in a while so I forget what they look like.
Unread 11-12-2012, 10:02 AM   #7857
rj_sosongco
Rated R for Radical!

Was just at Pacific Media Expo this last weekend down in Los Angeles, CA. Here's a link to my album, and a couple of shots. First is by LA Photo Net (LAPhotoNet.com), the second is from Mike Rollerson (Mike Rollerson on flickr):

Album on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.630685270826.2064145.132500048&type=1&l=365 ef1fddf

I also participated in the CosFest cosplay contest,where I won Best Presentation! Here's a video:

Raiden at PMX 2012
rj_sosongco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #7858
RoninEclipse2G
Hope rides ALONE!

Awesome RJ! Your Raiden is absolutely my favorite. It's nice to see a guy doing it right. (not that fem crossplayers are bad or anything)
Unread 11-12-2012, 10:02 PM   #7859
Hallowin

Wow, epic Raiden ^^
What
I
Love
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Cosplay1

Cosplay2
~~~~~~~~~~~
Hallowin is offline   Reply With Quote