Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3597 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #56806
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

OH man. Mentioning those power outages, guess what just went out at my house? ARGH. BAAAAD timing. Middle of cooking dinner and we need the space heaters on because it's effing cold and Mom hasn't cleaned the chimney yet for lighting the woodstove.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-11-2012, 06:27 PM   #56807
OtakuSpark
Local KagePro loser

I'm procrastinating doing my homework. The internet won't release me from its will! >.<
And all at once, I know everything is gone
OtakuSpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 08:25 PM   #56808
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Nnnn the younger goalie on my team made me the best scrapbook ever for Senior Night. She wrote me the sweetest note, and I was doing so well not getting choked up until I read it...

Gosh I am going to miss that girl.
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 5% (Planning) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #56809
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Aaawww that's so cute! Kinda makes me wish I were involved in school things. But then, I like my lunch. And sleeping and hanging out with people.

But I found out the sophomore that's been sitting near the piano watching Code Geass is actually the freshman that was annoying me and my friend last year so my opinion of him has changed and I do not wish to talk to him anymore. And here I thought I could make an underclassman friend. Since I can't find the freshman that was wearing the Tsubasa shirt...
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #56810
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Holy fuck, we ALMOST had a kitchen fire. One of the stove burners wasn't turned off when the power went out, went unnoticed, and Mom had put a pie box on it. And it caught fire when the power came back on. I saw a bunch of smoke in the kitchen from my room, went to check and the box was on the verge of catching fire. Then it did. I yelled for Mom to get downstairs (she'd just gone to bed a half hour ago), and before I could get the extinguisher she threw the whole thing in the oven and fanned the fire out. Still made a mess, though. A lot of smoke and ashes and BOTH smoke alarms wouldn't shut off. And the pie was burned to a crisp.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Unread 10-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #56811
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

It's kinda nice, because it somehow works out that the goalies of the sports teams at school tend to be on the nerdy side. So I can talk sports and strategy stuff with her, but I can also ramble about, say, anime or literature and she'll actually have input on it too. Man, it's great.

And aww, good luck finding that other kid with the Tsubasa shirt! Sorry to hear that the kid watching CG turned out to be annoying. (Code Geass is also just epic on so many levels. Gah, need to see if the guys would still be up for cosplaying it, maybe they'll get re-interested after they watch the new OVA...)

Shinobi-- Oh man. I'm sorry to hear that, but at least you took care of the problem before it got a lot worse!
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 5% (Planning) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 08:43 PM   #56812
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

Well, this day sucked. I have Japanese class with this 31 year old guy who keeps hitting on me even though he knows I'm only 18. A couple of weeks ago, he told me I was "dainty, delicate, soft," and just says all sorts of creepy things. Today, after telling me how "pretty" and "dainty" I was, he asked me if I had a boyfriend. I (stupidly) said no, to which he replied "well, that's good for me."

The whole thing just makes me nauseous. I want him to leave me alone. If this were just under twelve months ago, he would have been chasing after a minor. I turn 19 in a couple days, so that makes for a (roughly) 12 year age difference.

I really don't know how to deal with this.

MCM London Comic Expo cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Nagisa Momoe (Madoka Magica)

ALA cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Snow White (Zombie Panic in Wonderland)

2015 conventions: Anime Los Angeles, Anime Central, Japan Expo
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 08:46 PM   #56813
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Thank god indeed. I tried to throw it in the sink but it caught fire before I could grab it with the barbecue tongs to move it.
...oh, FUCK. And NOW, I just ripped three of the slats of my blinds in the centre when shutting my window without opening them first. Mom's going to be pissed tomorrow. I wonder if I can tape them back and she won't notice...
Unread 10-11-2012, 08:49 PM   #56814
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Omfg I Made The Best Pie!
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 08:59 PM   #56815
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post
It's kinda nice, because it somehow works out that the goalies of the sports teams at school tend to be on the nerdy side. So I can talk sports and strategy stuff with her, but I can also ramble about, say, anime or literature and she'll actually have input on it too. Man, it's great.

And aww, good luck finding that other kid with the Tsubasa shirt! Sorry to hear that the kid watching CG turned out to be annoying. (Code Geass is also just epic on so many levels. Gah, need to see if the guys would still be up for cosplaying it, maybe they'll get re-interested after they watch the new OVA...)
Haha I'm jealous. But I'm fine with just being able to go online. I tend to not talk as much in person......
And thanks! Aaaand I totally forgot about that. I have to rewatch it all, because it's been so long.... By the way, Otakon is a tentative yes! I don't know what my stepmother will think but it's the only con I'm asking to go to next summer, and just a weekend as opposed to my trip to LA last summer which was a week.
Unread 10-11-2012, 09:10 PM   #56816
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oniigiri_Basket View Post
Well, this day sucked. I have Japanese class with this 31 year old guy who keeps hitting on me even though he knows I'm only 18. A couple of weeks ago, he told me I was "dainty, delicate, soft," and just says all sorts of creepy things. Today, after telling me how "pretty" and "dainty" I was, he asked me if I had a boyfriend. I (stupidly) said no, to which he replied "well, that's good for me."

The whole thing just makes me nauseous. I want him to leave me alone. If this were just under twelve months ago, he would have been chasing after a minor. I turn 19 in a couple days, so that makes for a (roughly) 12 year age difference.

I really don't know how to deal with this.
Spit in his face and scream "NOOOOOO!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 09:19 PM   #56817
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

I suppose that would be a good start.

MCM London Comic Expo cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Nagisa Momoe (Madoka Magica)

ALA cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Snow White (Zombie Panic in Wonderland)

2015 conventions: Anime Los Angeles, Anime Central, Japan Expo
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 09:43 PM   #56818
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Someone checked out the copy of Shrek that was at the branch of my county library near me. I'm sad. :|

Buuuut, all I have left of my applications is proofreading my incredibly wordy responses and revising my essay! And I'm done with my homework. Bed time! This is exciting.
Unread 10-11-2012, 11:37 PM   #56819
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Eviction was a mess up, all is well.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 11:55 PM   #56820
Kumoshi
Just a cowardly montblanc

For some reason I always sit in really awkward positions in front of the computer and end up with painful knees... @_@

Currently watching a namahousou (livestream) from Pokota.

AX 2014:
- Vanellope Von Schweetz (Wreck-it Ralph)
- Kuroko Tetsuya (Kuroko no Basket)
- Isana Yashiro (K Project)
Kumoshi is offline   Reply With Quote