Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Avatar: The Last Airbender

Unread 10-09-2012, 10:02 PM   #1
EagleEye

Benders Beware: An Amon Question

Greetings, my brothers and sisters. I'm trying to cosplay Amon. I have an idea of how to do just about every piece except one: I'm not sure what would be a good way to imitate his boots. Here's a reference pic: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vI2GBJr8iq...s1600/Amon.png. Now, one thing I've seen uses plastic for the part from the knee to the ankle (which wouldn't be much of a problem, 'cause I was going to try 3-D printing for some of this anyway) and some sort of grey foot covering (tights, socks, I don't really know) and had what looked like sandals which were little more than a couple millimeters in thickness. It looked pretty good, but I don't think it would be terribly comfortable to walk around a convention in such things. Any ideas?

Another, more doable one would be a squad of Dai Li agents from Avatar: The Last Airbender.
EagleEye is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #2
voiceofwonder

My friend made leather spats and wore them over gray shoes. Granted, it wasn't perfect (it was his first cosplay), but they were comfortable, looked great, and I'd bet that if a more experienced cosplayer tried to execute the idea it could be even better!
voiceofwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #3
EagleEye

Making something to go over the shoes sounds like a good idea. Do you know what kind?

Another, more doable one would be a squad of Dai Li agents from Avatar: The Last Airbender.
Unread 10-12-2012, 05:13 PM   #4
EagleEye

The kind he used, I mean. (Why can't I edit my posts that's stupid.)

Unread 10-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #5
voiceofwonder

By "kind" I'm assuming you mean the kind of material, and not the shoes, right? I know the shoes were just TOMS. I just now texted him to find out the kind of material. I know it's leather-ish, but I honestly know nothing about leather or pleather so I'll post again when he responds to me. In the meantime, here's a picture of his costume, maybe it'll help somehow. http://lerickson.smugmug.com/Groups/...Con-229-X3.jpg

Best of luck!
Unread 10-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #6
EagleEye

I actually was talking about the shoes. Those ones look fine enough for my purposes, I think. I think with this most of my planning is done. Thanks a bunch.

Unread 10-12-2012, 06:53 PM   #7
voiceofwonder

Oh, okay! Glad I could help.