Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Original Designs

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-27-2012, 11:38 AM   #91
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Currently I'm the process of making one that's really special to my heart as I've had her character in my life for the past thirteen years and well, I finally feel like it's time that I start putting some work into making her. Plus she has an epic sword. XD

I'm probably going to have a bit of trouble with her outfit since she travels to different worlds and such so her outfits change constantly. I need to think of something that looks unique but still keeps to her sense of style, practicality.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-17-2012, 02:37 AM   #92
Maurishio-kun
You can call me Mau

I'm currently working in cosplaying one of my OCs, I find it fun and it gives you more freedom and creativity since you design the clothes, the hair, the accesories and in some cases the eyes, I'd love to cosplay ones of my favorite anime characters someday, but starting with an OC is a nice challenge.

Of course when it comes to a couple cosplay it's the hardest part, since you need a very reliable friend who loves your characters to cosplay the other one, and when it comes to me it's very hard due to my limited friends circle.

CURRENT COSPLAYS

Takuto (Full Moon wo Sagashite) 25%
Takato (Digimon Tamers) 100%
Leo (Barra - Homesport Deluxe (Original) 45%
Izumi (Digimon Frontier) 50%

"There are only two things in this world that you can't change: The star we orbit and my opinion about adults"

-Annonymous-
Maurishio-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2012, 09:22 AM   #93
CautiousAmber

So what's the best response to the 'who are you/what are you from?' question? Because I'd really hate to give a vague or uninteresting answer and sort of drive away the people who are genuinely curious.

/I get nervous talking about my OCs/story in public, but I'd still really really love to put together an original cosplay and leave a good impression.
- Homestuck: Feferi Peixes

Upcoming Events:
Nebraskon 2014, Katsucon 2015, Nakakon 2015, Colossalcon 2015

TUMBLR / FACEBOOK / COSPIX
CautiousAmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #94
Seismogenic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiousAmber View Post
So what's the best response to the 'who are you/what are you from?' question? Because I'd really hate to give a vague or uninteresting answer and sort of drive away the people who are genuinely curious.

/I get nervous talking about my OCs/story in public, but I'd still really really love to put together an original cosplay and leave a good impression.
Maybe come up with a concise and interesting way to describe the setting/story first, and then say that it's your original thing? If you're concerned that people won't care about OCs (which is silly if they don't), I wouldn't start the conversation by saying this is an OC.
Seismogenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #95
Seismogenic

Forum, why did you double post that eleven minutes after the original? I don't understaaand.

Last edited by Seismogenic : 10-12-2012 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Double post?!
Seismogenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2012, 09:26 PM   #96
CautiousAmber

Oh wow, that's a really good idea! Prefacing every explanation with 'it's an OC' might now work so well, so just going with who/what the cosplay is seems like it would definitely work better. Thanks so much!
- Homestuck: Feferi Peixes

Upcoming Events:
Nebraskon 2014, Katsucon 2015, Nakakon 2015, Colossalcon 2015

TUMBLR / FACEBOOK / COSPIX
CautiousAmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 08:26 PM   #97
Haruharumi
thepurplecyanide

I was thinking about changing my yoruichi karakura uni cosplay into somthing like her little sister or somthing(even though she doesn't have a little sister. I though it would be cool, and it's pretty original. . . . .I think.
Haruharumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 08:03 PM   #98
TenTigerLilies
Phuriously Khorrupt Lily

I cosplayed my OC Kelly once, because I had everything I needed to make his costume (and old witch dress; go figure!) and this was back when I didn't really know how to make costumes anyway. I carried around a sketch of him in my bag because I thought I'd get asked who I was supposed to be a few times, and I did, but unfortunately, after I showed the sketch to a lot of people, they ask, "isn't that Sasuke?"

Brown spiky hair, grey eyes, a yellow scarf, a black coat, brown pants, and boots. Totally Sasuke >.>

I also dressed up as my OC Sammy one year, but I full-well knew that people would just think I was a school girl. It was more for my own amusment, saying that it was my OC Sammy.

So, on the whole, I don't cosplay OCs anymore, especially because I don't have time to around all my other costumes!
*Ryoga Hibiki - Ranma 1/2
*Soul Eater Evans - Soul Eater
*Antonio Salieri - Mozart L'Opera Rock
*Rapunzel - Tangled

~Upcoming costumes:
*Miss Martian - Young Justice - 70%
*Monkey D. Luffy - One Piece - 60%
*Kotetsu T. Kaburagi - Tiger & Bunny - 40%
*Ryuk - Death Note - 30%
*Toph Bei Fong - Avatar: The Last Airbender - 5%
TenTigerLilies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2012, 11:56 PM   #99
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

I really want to cosplay a couple of my OCs from my two newest novels. One of them, Vergil, is REALLY simple. Though I suppose I could fancy it up with some fake blood considering he mind-controls a guy to rip out his own heart once.

Then from my other story, I have too many characters that I like. I'd probably do Dangerfield though, an ice demon who looks dresses like he's in the Mafia. It'd require electric purple contacts which could be pretty fun.
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 12-15-2012 at 11:59 PM.
Quinn The Spazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 11:01 PM   #100
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Well, I think I'm gonna cosplay another OC from my circus novel: Haku the violinist. Mostly because when I sketched him out today I drew him in this really cool black-fading-to-purple trenchcoat that I'd really love to have. I'll have to make it though, and that'll probably be hard, that and the fact that he has a giant diamond-shaped burn scar on his face that'll be hard to replicate but oh well, I just love him (and his coat) so much after developing his character...
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Unread 08-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #101
loosekannonn

I've only recently discovered the world of cosplay, so with that in mind please take what I'm going to say here with a grain of salt...BUT...

If you replicate a character exactly as you have seen them, no matter the media, it can be seen a flattery but it's only slightly left of steeling someone else's work.

OK, "Batman" is the character, so the "Batsuit" needs to have a given established look;
but with in that look make the costume your own version of the "Batsuit".

Invent a character that fits into a given story line/universe/art style.

I have worked in theater building props, practical aspects of costumes and things like that.
I started making "HALO" armor for use on the paintball field and now I really want to bring my skill set into cosplay.
Hell I've been a KISS fan since 1974 so we were in costume before there was such a thing as cosplay!

I like building armor and robot type suits, I'm having fun doing it, and making this stuff work.
Anyone has a problem with it... well think of how you felt when you were being judged!
loosekannonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 01:44 AM   #102
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

My friend and I are both cosplaying characters from my short(ish) Story Assassins in Wonderland. I'm gonna be Misha; the Mad Hatter's crazy awesome bisexual twin brother and said friend is gonna be his sort-of not boyfriend.

Here's what they look like, as drawn by my tumblr buddy way better than I ever could.
Unread 08-24-2013, 12:53 AM   #103
Animemom89

I made up my own original idea and I actually had a lot of people taking pics of me. I was only asked twice if I was a character from Soul eater. I also just for fun entered a cosplay show and I had got a lot of cheers. One person made up their own fallout character and got barely now cheers at all. I say you have have to make it work in a way that will wow people.
Animemom89 is offline   Reply With Quote