Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
Unread 10-10-2012, 11:35 AM   #1
IklanID
Banned

Doing this will make you slender

- Eat rice as main food, you can add fish, vegetables and other stuff except for meat.
- Eat noddles as a subsidiary if you are hungry but can't find rice.
- Drink mineral water, never drink coke and other drink like that.

That is all, just try this for 3 days and you will see the result. I base this on typical Asian daily eating habits, I think the numer of obesity in Asia is the lowest in the world so you should try this for a change if you have tried other method but not succeeded.
IklanID is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #2
BarkingPup

So if you really want to be skinny and eat some Japanese foods or follow what they do:

1. They eat a lot of white sticky rice. It's basically empty calories. Substitute with plain brown or wild rice. Forgo any toppings. Also, make sure the rice is washed and drained properly before cooking (justbento.com has a wonderful rice tutorial).

2. They eat less. Their portions are smaller (most snack foods are individually wrapped inside the package to encourage less snacking). They also have smaller plates which makes for smaller portions.

3. If you have to fry something try to fry it in as little sesame oil as possible, or even olive oil. Learn how to fry things properly (stir fry's should be bright and crispy, fish juuuust cooked through). You don't need much oil. They also use less seasoning then we do.

4. A typical Japanese meal consists of rice, pickled veggies (or just veggies), a piece of fish or meat, and soup. More variety is healthier. They also place each item on a separate dish instead of plopping it on one. Again, this is a portions thing. EDIT: I forgot! Red meat is veeery expensive in Japan so it's not used much. If you can't afford fish (living landlocked) then just eat red meat once a week and the rest of the time plenty of veggies, beans, etc).

5. They walk or bike everywhere. It's extremely expensive to own a vehicle in Japan. If you can't walk or bike anywhere *cough*likeme*cough* then take up walking. I usually walk for an hour every day. But, I have a dog. Thirty minutes a day can make a difference as well.

6. Genetics. I hate to say it but the reason so many Japanese are thin and young-looking is just genetics. Sometimes you get the short end of the stick. Until scientists make a way to change yours yer outta luck in this department.

7. And the common sense ones: drink lots of water (will keep your skin healthy, too), don't eat snacks, don't eat out, etc.

I will also suggest buying a GOOD Japanese cookbook. Not one with Americanised Asian Coking (those tend to have lots of oils and seasonings, etc.).

Good luck!
Traditional Kitsune - ?

Cosplay in the Future
Beyond Birthday Death Note
Grell Sutcliff Kuroshitsuji
Hatsune Miku Hold, Release, Rakshasa and Carcasses

General
Yankee/Bosozoku Lolita
Rainbow Dash Lolita My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Kano webcomic Kagerou

Last edited by BarkingPup : 10-10-2012 at 03:03 PM.
BarkingPup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 08:26 AM   #3
improvised

I tried this diet, it seems to work when I'm on it (add miso soup!), the only catch is whenever I try it, I start to crave diary like no one's business. :P
improvised is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #4
BarkingPup

I'm lactose intolerant so I happily forgo that route.

If your body is really craving dairy I would suggest adding small amounts. Drink tea or coffee that requires cream, have some cheese and non-salt crackers for a snack, yoghurt yoghurt yoghurt (easily made healthier with nuts or fruit), rye crackers with low fat cream cheese. Diets should never be about denying yourself stuff, just eating in moderation. Whether that means increasing the healthier options or decreasing sugar intake.

Oh, I forgot to mention:

IklanID, when you said not to add meat you still mention fish and although some fish are healthier than others it's still "meat". I believe you meant red or fowl meat? if so, red meat is actually good for you. It's just that most Westerners eat too much of it. At most you should have one meal a week that includes red meat.

Rice as a main food is not bad per se but it should NEVER outweigh the portions of vegetables, legumes, fruit etc. Rice is filler. It's what they add to pet food... as filler. It's what I eat when I can't afford anything else. Even brown rice has very limited nutrients. "Noodles" by which I take to mean (I hope) pasta, soba, rice noodles etc. is pretty much the same thing. NOT a good staple. Only good in moderation.

AND NEVER EAT RAMEN. Instant noodles are the worst! If you can find an asian store you may be able to pick up authentic Japanese instant meals (udon, yakisoba, etc) which isn't much better but is 100% better than instant noodles.

Also, mineral water is just as bad as pop. If you look at the contents and compare it to pop they have roughly the same sugar content. If you really want to drink something get into tea, plain water, milk, etc. If you need to drink juice either try making it yourself or buy it frozen and add a small amount to a jug (instead of the whole frozen can). Coffee isn't all that healthy for you so try to limit it to one mug a day. There are a lot of tea's (loose leaf) that contain coffee or are very black and drinking those is much better than a cup of coffee.

Also, if you REALLY need that caffeine boost... *sigh* I hate to say it but drink ONE energy drink. Not too often, and never more than one (and never coffee plus energy drink). Coffee is very bad for your stomach and most people drink a cup slathered in sugar to offset the bitter taste (unless you buy expensive low acidity coffee beans). A can of energy drink (well, most of them) contain roughly the same amount of caffeine as a cup of coffee without the nasty after-effects. It's the sugar that is the problem. I try to drink mine non-carbonated (because they taste like overly sweet pop and that's disgusting) and as sugar-free as they come. I don't think any brand other than Monster has a non-carbonated option and that's not a sugar-free one. Other than DIRE EMERGENCIES stay waaaaay away from energy drinks. Period.
Traditional Kitsune - ?

Cosplay in the Future
Beyond Birthday Death Note
Grell Sutcliff Kuroshitsuji
Hatsune Miku Hold, Release, Rakshasa and Carcasses

General
Yankee/Bosozoku Lolita
Rainbow Dash Lolita My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Kano webcomic Kagerou

Last edited by BarkingPup : 10-11-2012 at 03:10 PM.
BarkingPup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2012, 09:33 AM   #5
improvised

[quote=BarkingPup;4530310]

IklanID, when you said not to add meat you still mention fish and although some fish are healthier than others it's still "meat". I believe you meant red or fowl meat? if so, red meat is actually good for you. It's just that most Westerners eat too much of it. At most you should have one meal a week that includes red meat.

QUOTE]

"Fish ain't meat." ~ Fisherman from Avatar the Last Airbender.

J/k. :P I agree with your post, though. Red meat has a lot of iron, which is essential for your body. I mean, I'm sure you can get it from other sources, but red meat is still fine. Fish though, is supposed to be awesome for you, if you get the right kinds. Being preggo, I'm supposed to avoid shark, mackerel, swordfish, etc, but tuna, salmon, and tilapia are a some of the fish that are really healthy. Plus omega-3's are a must.
Unread 10-12-2012, 11:03 AM   #6
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by IklanID View Post
- Eat rice as main food, you can add fish, vegetables and other stuff except for meat.
- Eat noddles as a subsidiary if you are hungry but can't find rice.
- Drink mineral water, never drink coke and other drink like that.

That is all, just try this for 3 days and you will see the result. I base this on typical Asian daily eating habits, I think the numer of obesity in Asia is the lowest in the world so you should try this for a change if you have tried other method but not succeeded.
That's great.

So after 3 days when the individual goes back to their regular dietary habits their 3 day starch fest means nothing.

Lifestyle changes and fads are not the same thing.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #7
Drazhar

Why are people bumping this thread? (I realize this post will do the exact same)

The OP is listed as banned, they won't be able to reply.

Let it die.
Drazhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #8
improvised

... So didn't see that. Why was the OP banned, though?
Unread 10-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #9
Drazhar

I dunno, I just saw that they were.
Drazhar is offline   Reply With Quote