Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1172 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 10-12-2012, 10:03 PM   #54991
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Ffffffffff-
I feel like a derp. But there are these two cosplayers on Facebook that I talk to every now and again that I kinda flail a bit on the inside when they talk to me or say they want to see future costumes of mine, because they're cosplayers I really look up to and get inspired by.
I feel like I'm no longer a newbie :'D Yeeee~
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #54992
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
Ffffffffff-
I feel like a derp. But there are these two cosplayers on Facebook that I talk to every now and again that I kinda flail a bit on the inside when they talk to me or say they want to see future costumes of mine, because they're cosplayers I really look up to and get inspired by.
I feel like I'm no longer a newbie :'D Yeeee~
Oh I love that feeling. ^_^ It is like, "You want to little me? I am not worthy!" XD

Finally I have the trim pinned down to the shawl. Didn't end up sewing it down for now since I need to edges to dry. Still so excited to have the end in sight!

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2012, 10:51 PM   #54993
Kokoro Hane
Mangaka on a mission~

I love my new wig! It really is perfect. Mom was right on the money! *is wearing it right now*

Just need the top and the skirt, and Meiko default is DONE!
Meiko [default] (Vocaloid)
Hajime (Hamatora) {debuted at; Anime Conji 2014}
Tomoyo Daidouji [summer uniform] (Cardcaptor Sakura)

Currently in the works!
Kaiko Shion [blue dress - original] (Vocaloid)
Xiaoyu [school uniform] (Tekken Tag Tournament 2)
Kokoro Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2012, 11:02 PM   #54994
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Got a replacement for the Faust makeup I lost as well as some belts for Kurama. Now I'm pretty much set for Halloween, I just need a purple shirt and some assorted jewelry.
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2012, 11:05 PM   #54995
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I love being a bird nerd. I just spent a straight hour designing the wing structure for an OC of mine. I ended up comparing birds in my field guide's wing shapes, and then their flight habits with how my character's would be, the wingspan versus body length, etc. Time well spent. And I now know that I essentially need albatross or tern-styled wings. No tombstone-shaped pieces of cardboard with feathers for me. I want something that could ostensibly work with regards to physics (though I figured it'd also make sense to write my character in as having hollow birdlike bones to reduce a lot of extra weight. The human body is REALLY not designed for flight.)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2012, 11:42 PM   #54996
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

I was sort of productive tonight! Not as productive as I'd liked, but productive! Finished cutting out rarity's fabric, started sewing the bodice... And then had to stop pretty much immediately after that because I need to press the bodice and the iron is located within my parents' room... and they are sleeping. This is what I get for being a night owl. :B
Kenshin 2.0 (Rurouni Kenshin) - 0%

For the Future:
True Form Midna - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 12:00 AM   #54997
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Finally going out tomorrow to buy stuff to finish my cosplays for Anime USA.
Seriously need to get this done sooner than later, October is sooo busy with volleyball seasoning ending and homework!
In Progress: Syaoran: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles/ Yusuke Urameshi (Dark Tournament): Yu Yu Hakusho/ Yoh (Revamp): Shaman King/ Jenos Hazard: Black Cat/ Teito Klein (Mourning Robes): 07-Ghost/ Kaito Sinbad: KKJ
chibierwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 03:22 AM   #54998
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Woohoo~ A relaxing night before I sew like a madman tomorrow and for the rest of the week! Convention next weekend! But I have midterms before that...T_T well only for two classes so...it should be fine.

I have plans to fix a bit of my miscalculations with my measurements tomorrow (luck for me the fabric I need to add can have the seems hidden under Saber's butt skirt), work on my sleeves, and then get to work on my friends jacket. Hopefully, I can get most of it done so on Sunday I can just sew on the bias tape, work on sleeves, and pipping. Then on Wednesday I paint the design for the bottom of Saber's dress between studying for midterm. Thursday, I should hopefully just be adding clasp, sewing zippers, and adding the smaller details. If not I'll do it Friday night, I have class on Friday so I can't just pull and overnighter.
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 05:08 AM   #54999
Rangiku12
&lt;3 Old School &lt;3

Planning cosplays and working on budgeting them.

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 08:07 AM   #55000
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

I gotta finish my Sailor Mercury skirt before I have to leave to go see Sleeping With Sirens and Pierce the Veil tonight! :O I have done pleats plenty of times but they are still a pain >:\

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 95%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Lolita!Mikasa -AoT 25%
Hinata Hyuga - Naruto 10%
Yin - Darker than Black 35%
Ruby Rose 80% /Summer Rose - RWBY 90%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Miltiades Malachite - RWBY
Anastasia(Once Upon A December Dress) - Anastasia
Cerise Hood - EAH
Madeline Hatter - EAH
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 08:14 AM   #55001
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

At last Mom gave me the time to finish my (hopefully last) Quorra mockup. Arrived on Wednesday and I haven't had any time to work on it since then... stupid firewood and preparing the gardens for winter.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
Unread 10-13-2012, 08:29 AM   #55002
Akahana Hime
Proud OC Cosplayer

Trying to figure how to draw detailed pictures for this costume so I can have it commissioned but i'm having a tough time drawing the stupid coat -geh-
Unread 10-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #55003
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Gah I didn't think finding a wig for Gin would be this hard! I checked on Arda, but his hair is such a weird and inconsistent color that all the blondish brown wigs look too blonde and all the brownish blonde wigs look too brown. DX I hate inconsistent animation!
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 02:42 PM   #55004
Chibi_Miyuki

I love my closet!!! Sometimes it just randomly spits out pieces of clothing that I can use for cosplay! My friends even said that my closet is magical. :3
Chibi_Miyuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 05:00 PM   #55005
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Lol. I got the imagery of your closet with a big cartoony mouth spitting out clothes onto you.
(And, jealous. Mine seems to swallow items I think would be useful at some point, here.)