Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Sewing/Fabric Craft

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-12-2012, 11:57 PM   #1
AnamNesisX

Humanity has Declined Costume help!

Hey, I've started my cosplay of Humanity has declined but I'm not sure how to do the sleeves x( it's a puff sleeve with a tight sleeve underneath. I'll post a link so that you could get a better look at it. I only managed to buy broadcloth fabric for the whole cosplay so the sleeves can't be super tight. http://images.hologfx.com/Doki/Jinru...a%20-%2002.png

I also need some help with the romper/dress I'd like to make it puffy, but I'm not sure if I should buy a petticoat or to fold the top part more so that they flare outwards. It'll be cold tho :/

Thanks in advance ! :>
AnamNesisX is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
Ichigogami
Strawberry paper...DEATH

You really need to get a knit for that fit on those sleeves unless you put an invisible zipper in from the cuff of the top sleeve or from the elbow down.as far as the romper there are tons of "how to make a gathered skirt tutorial" on youtube, but even with that for an anime poofy I would atleast buy a low loft petticoat.
Unread 10-14-2012, 01:22 AM   #3
AnamNesisX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigogami View Post
You really need to get a knit for that fit on those sleeves unless you put an invisible zipper in from the cuff of the top sleeve or from the elbow down.as far as the romper there are tons of "how to make a gathered skirt tutorial" on youtube, but even with that for an anime poofy I would atleast buy a low loft petticoat.
I've decided to go back to the fabric store to buy a stretchy fabric for the under shirt and Skinny sleeve. Do you know how to put a puff sleeve over a fitted one? I really can't figure out the mechanics behind it x(
Unread 10-15-2012, 06:01 PM   #4
Falclon

Making a puff sleeve is rather simple (I just did one recently). I will try to draw you a diagram real quick in paint.
Attached Images
File Type: png puff.png (60.1 KB, 0 views)
Unread 10-17-2012, 08:37 PM   #5
AnamNesisX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falclon View Post
Making a puff sleeve is rather simple (I just did one recently). I will try to draw you a diagram real quick in paint.
Omg, I love you, thank you so much! xD You saved me! Now I won't mess up my accident :>