Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-13-2012, 03:38 PM   #76
improvised

I wouldn't worry. I'm going to be major preggo, and I'm going as Luka this year.
improvised is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-29-2012, 12:01 AM   #77
Loveless12

Did somebody say eating disorders for guys? I've got some stories, though I'm not sure if I really wanna disclose them here for all to see.
Loveless12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 10:08 AM   #78
digimon-fanatic

Inspirational, I was hesitant on going to this upcoming Anime North in 2013.
But your story just makes me want to get in shape.
I've never been confident with my body, or weight.

Any advice for me? My size is size 13-14 pants and medium shirts. I'm more hour glass looking. Smaller on top and wide hips on the bottom.

Keep up the amazing work, and don't let anyone take you down. <3
digimon-fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 11:53 PM   #79
kikamontanez

First off, don't take any of the hate from 4Chan personally. 4Chan is nothing but a bunch of virgin guys living with their moms who are racist, sexist, and all around morons (4Chan made my brother so sexist and racist it makes me want to brainwash him back to normal).
Next, I looked at your pic and most of your weight is in your boobs and hips which is NEVER a bad thing. I'd hardly call you overweight.
As for the actual overweight people, I think it's fine as long as they're not trying to dress in something skimpy. I'm only 116 lbs but even I wouldn't dress in something that showed my stomach until it was perfectly flat.
kikamontanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2012, 12:42 AM   #80
Rangiku12
&lt;3 Old School &lt;3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikamontanez View Post
First off, don't take any of the hate from 4Chan personally. 4Chan is nothing but a bunch of virgin guys living with their moms who are racist, sexist, and all around morons (4Chan made my brother so sexist and racist it makes me want to brainwash him back to normal).
Next, I looked at your pic and most of your weight is in your boobs and hips which is NEVER a bad thing. I'd hardly call you overweight.
As for the actual overweight people, I think it's fine as long as they're not trying to dress in something skimpy. I'm only 116 lbs but even I wouldn't dress in something that showed my stomach until it was perfectly flat.
ive never understood what the purpose of 4chan is..but anyways..

I go to my first con in December and really I haven't cosplayed much outside my house but already I've having to deal with 4chan like ppl who just seem to never go away. With my medical issues I can hardly do anything about the way I'm shaped. I am learning to ignore the hate and just carry on.

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2012, 12:57 AM   #81
SirenaBlack
They're eating my people!

I will never not be fat. Fat is my natural healthy shape. I'm not going to give up cosplaying because I don't fit an unreasonable societal norm. I'm fine waiting for the media to catch up to reality
Going to ALA, Gallifrey One, and SPN Vegas Con
SirenaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2012, 01:06 AM   #82
Rangiku12
&lt;3 Old School &lt;3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirenaBlack View Post
I will never not be fat. Fat is my natural healthy shape. I'm not going to give up cosplaying because I don't fit an unreasonable societal norm. I'm fine waiting for the media to catch up to reality
Well said I agree

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 12:54 AM   #83
Kiraookami

Okay so looked at the link and was expecting well not what I saw. I see someone with amazing curves. I actually don't cosplay as much because I've become so uncomfortable with my weight. I feel inspired and I realized what my friend has been trying to get through my head is real. Confidence really is key. Um I'd like to say thank you for lifting up my spirits into getting my confidence back.
Kiraookami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 01:50 PM   #84
RainbowSkies

I know I'm late to this but saw your post and your picture and WOW YOU LOOK AWESOME! I've always struggled with my weight and I really love the idea of cosplaying but so many of the anime/video game characters out there have very unforgiving costumes. I'm scared to wear any of them because I don't want to look fat but going to my first convention (NY Comic Con 2013) I felt everyone was very welcoming and friendly. And experiencing it made me want to cosplay even more! Thanks for the inspirational words...you are beautiful!!
RainbowSkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 01:28 PM   #85
Melancholy Wish
Tsundere

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikamontanez View Post
=/...

Arcade Sona from League of Legends
Esmeralda- Disney
Meru from Legend of Dragoon.
Sayaka Miki- Magica Madoka
Yang-RWBY
Looking for people to hang out with at Ax2014
Melancholy Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 02:04 PM   #86
Joethehappydog
Uncalled for Man!

:Unpopular opinion puffin.jpg: I don't really get too excited about it, unless the respective character is also overweight, in which case +1 point for added accuracy c; I don't want to be shallow and douchy, and I really do think people should be able to cosplay as any character they like, but I just don't like it when people of cosplay outside their body type, and plus size cosplaying is no exception. For me, seeing a 200 pound Naruto is just as off-putting as seeing a 60 pound Deadpool... Besides that, cosplaying as a fit character is a good source of motivation and people should really use that instead of just reluctantly going to a con in outfits that don't suit them too well :/

My deviantArt: JoeyBizToast

お尻の筋肉を締め、ええ!

Working on:
-Nier (NieR Gestalt)
-Bigby Wolf (The Wolf Among Us)
Joethehappydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #87
RainbowSkies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joethehappydog View Post
:Unpopular opinion puffin.jpg: I don't really get too excited about it, unless the respective character is also overweight, in which case +1 point for added accuracy c; I don't want to be shallow and douchy, and I really do think people should be able to cosplay as any character they like, but I just don't like it when people of cosplay outside their body type, and plus size cosplaying is no exception. For me, seeing a 200 pound Naruto is just as off-putting as seeing a 60 pound Deadpool... Besides that, cosplaying as a fit character is a good source of motivation and people should really use that instead of just reluctantly going to a con in outfits that don't suit them too well :/
I do understand that there are people who wear costumes that are very unflattering but for the most part if you are small or chubby you can wear most things. Most of these characters builds aren't designed with natural everyday bodies in mind. If we REALLY had to only cosplay what our builds are meant for, alot of us would have a very limited selection. Sure alot of can work to a goal which is all well and good but I don't want it stopping me from just cosplaying. I don't see why a 200 pound Naruto would cause anyone distress though. If your costume is well made, you aren't popping out or wearing something that is 3 sizes too big I don't see the problem.
RainbowSkies is offline   Reply With Quote