Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #166
touchmon
Make All The Things!

^I loved Snow's dress. Seriously. I would probably try to hug all of the OUaT clothes in order to absorb awesomness if I could get into the wardrobe vault.

I finally decided that I want to cosplay Red. This outfit. Which I noticed, she wore in last Sunday's episode too. Does anyone know what her red skirt is made out of? I have no idea.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-16-2012, 12:27 PM   #167
Celiaskyleaf
Skyleaf Creations

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
^I loved Snow's dress. Seriously. I would probably try to hug all of the OUaT clothes in order to absorb awesomness if I could get into the wardrobe vault.

I finally decided that I want to cosplay Red. This outfit. Which I noticed, she wore in last Sunday's episode too. Does anyone know what her red skirt is made out of? I have no idea.
It looks like a crinkled taffetta or velvet

Anime North 2013
Friday: Me: Undertaker, Wonderland Version-Black Butler, Leslie: Lizzy, Black Butler
Saturday: Me: Farfarello (Straight Jacket)- Weiss Kreuz, Leslie: Neu - Weiss Kreuz
Sunday : Me: C.C.,Past Life Dress - Code Geass, Leslie: Nunnally - Pink Ball Gown - Code Geass
Celiaskyleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #168
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Yeah, I totally agree that Snow's newest outfit was gorgeous. I think that's the prettiest she's looked in the series thus far, and that's saying a lot because she is always pretty. I might have to attempt to cosplay Snow some time in the future. Her or Red. They are my favorites when they are in their fairy tale forms.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 05:59 PM   #169
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celiaskyleaf View Post
It looks like a crinkled taffetta or velvet
Thanks.

I get really into the Once Upon a Time mood and started gathering ref images for Red's outfit. I felt like I wanted to cry when I found a close up of the corset. The details. T_T The clasps and the flowers and everything about it.... This is going to take a long time.

Quote:

Unread 10-16-2012, 09:27 PM   #170
Quinn The Spazz
Genius, highly flammable

I'm so happy this thread exists!

Maybe it's just because I LOVE top hats, but ever since I saw it, I've wanted to cosplay Jefferson's Mad Hatter outfit. I think this might be a good excuse to get my sewing machine fixed...
Natsuno Yuuki-Shiki, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, O.D-Gatchaman Crowds, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Ayato Naoi-Angel Beats, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #171
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

Quote:
Thanks.

I get really into the Once Upon a Time mood and started gathering ref images for Red's outfit. I felt like I wanted to cry when I found a close up of the corset. The details. T_T The clasps and the flowers and everything about it.... This is going to take a long time.
Yay! Another Red Cosplayer! And tell me about it with that corset. (Do you have a really good close up pic?) I have a pattern to make it, bar altering the neckline of it slightly, and it should adapt to those clasps. But it's that fabric that's the problem. I haven't been able to find one similiar, or at least, one that gives a similar enough feel that I would be happy to use instead. Such is life.

Have you seen the promotion pics they did for this season? Red's in another outfit altogether!

@Mehdia - Doooooo it!

Warning! Warning! Incoming Costume Con 32!
Divert all Creative Subroutines for Maximum Awesomeness.

I'm working on them... I swear!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 10:15 PM   #172
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
Yay! Another Red Cosplayer! And tell me about it with that corset. (Do you have a really good close up pic?) I have a pattern to make it, bar altering the neckline of it slightly, and it should adapt to those clasps. But it's that fabric that's the problem. I haven't been able to find one similiar, or at least, one that gives a similar enough feel that I would be happy to use instead. Such is life.

Have you seen the promotion pics they did for this season? Red's in another outfit altogether!
Here you go. I need to start researching on how to make corsets like that so I can have a plan. I already know I'm going to embroider the flowers on so it's more or less finding the base fabric and figure out how to tackle those clasps. Oh and how are you tackling the skirts?

And yes I have! Her outfit is so pretty. *_*

Quote:

Last edited by touchmon : 10-16-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Unread 10-16-2012, 10:51 PM   #173
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

Quote:
Here you go. I need to start researching on how to make corsets like that so I can have a plan. I already know I'm going to embroider the flowers on so it's more or less finding the base fabric and figure out how to tackle those clasps. Oh and how are you tackling the skirts?

And yes I have! Her outfit is so pretty. *_*
Oh thank you, that's great! (Jeeze oh man, that fabric is even more detailed than I thought). For the skirts, if I end up doing the one from the above picture, it seems like it's a tafetta material, so I'd make it out of that, probably using those simplicity medieval skirt patterns to get the proper fullness. To get the crinkly effect, I'd probably dampen the finished skirt, and then twist it around itself and then lash it together for a few days until it creases. Kinda what people did to those cottony crinkle/broomstick skirts from the 90s, when you washed them; you stored them twisted. And there's some sort of thin petticoat under it, to give it a slight floof?

....but I really like the promo pics skirts....would it be so bad if I frankensteined the original bodice to the new skirts. Would it????

Last edited by Moofingham : 10-16-2012 at 11:09 PM.
Unread 10-16-2012, 11:06 PM   #174
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Glad the new season started. My fav Disney "princess" is Mulan, andy her outfit thus far is pretty bad ass. But I'm still waiting to see Aurora's fairies...
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 11:12 PM   #175
MedievalGirl

I've not been one for the Evil Queen outfits but I like the one she's wearing when she tries to escape her wedding. I may even have that fabric. Not enough and its been made into something else but I have it darn it.

I like Snow's dress in Lady of the Lake as well. I think that may be because it has no feathers.
MedievalGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 01:06 AM   #176
heaven_firings

Thinking of cosplaying the Mad Hatter at some point but I'm so excited for Captain Hook. I think it's gonna be a tough choice deciding once he's properly introduced. I guess time will tell.
heaven_firings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 09:16 AM   #177
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
Oh thank you, that's great! (Jeeze oh man, that fabric is even more detailed than I thought). For the skirts, if I end up doing the one from the above picture, it seems like it's a tafetta material, so I'd make it out of that, probably using those simplicity medieval skirt patterns to get the proper fullness. To get the crinkly effect, I'd probably dampen the finished skirt, and then twist it around itself and then lash it together for a few days until it creases. Kinda what people did to those cottony crinkle/broomstick skirts from the 90s, when you washed them; you stored them twisted. And there's some sort of thin petticoat under it, to give it a slight floof?

....but I really like the promo pics skirts....would it be so bad if I frankensteined the original bodice to the new skirts. Would it????
Huh, that's a good way to go about the skirts, didn't think of that, thanks! ^_^

And I say do it! It's still Red no matter what anyway!

Quote:

Unread 10-17-2012, 07:29 PM   #178
Arlette
Let it Go

So far, it looks like season two is going to have some amazing costumes! While I've never seriously been interested in cosplaying as Regina, I'm VERY interested in her apprentice costume from episode 5. Though my friends made fun of me by saying that I only like it because it's like a pretty femme Rumple. XD

Please check out http://www.facebook.com/dualwieldcosplay for more updates, or follow me on Tumblr at http://arlettecosplay.tumblr.com!
Arlette is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 11:24 PM   #179
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

@Touchmon - *LOL* I just might. I think I might have worked out how that overskirt thing is made in the promo stot. In theory anyway. I must have something I can canabalize for a test....

@Arlette - That is an awesome outfit to cosplay. It's a lot less... EVIL QUEEN REGINA, but still very OUAT style. Not mention excellent usage of grommets and lacings on that jerkin.

Unread 10-18-2012, 12:26 AM   #180
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

@Moofingham: I just might cosplay Red in the near future. I LOVE her character so much (as Red or Ruby) and she is so pretty and has a great story.

@Arlette: You are tempting me with that shot. I LOVE how Regina looks in it. I really do like a lot of her costumes from before she was the evil queen (and am I the only one that feels she might be a little less evil this season?). Now I'm gonna want to add more to my to-do list for next year's con time and won't know what to do...
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote