Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-13-2012, 05:07 AM   #1786
Ballira
Ballira

Cosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangiku12 View Post
So as a first timer should I wear my easy cosplays first or my ones that I've done a lot of work to. I plan on being there all day for the first day to learn how things work.
Wear which ever cosplay you'll be the most comfortable in and have an easier time moving around in. Not only will you probably find seating limited there tends to be a very, very thick crowd. As in you'll probably end up bumping into people a lot. So which ever cosplay you find the comfiest, easiest to move in that can stand up to being knocked around a little is your best bet for going for long periods of time. Save other cosplays for going in for shorter periods of time and/or less crowded times.

The good thing is if you do end up outside the hotel in your costume Austin's motto is Keep Austin Weird. People accept people walking around in costumes for random things. However, Downtown is also famous for it's clubs and bars so once it hits 6 or 7 pm I would advise staying inside in costume. It's rare but downtown is not only famous for it's strip of clubs and bars along 6th it's also college district area. So if you go wandering the streets, keep something like pepper spray on you. Especially if you're by yourself or in a group less than two. Try to stick to groups. It's always safer.

Last edited by Ballira : 10-13-2012 at 05:12 AM.
Ballira is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-13-2012, 05:23 AM   #1787
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballira View Post
Wear which ever cosplay you'll be the most comfortable in and have an easier time moving around in. Not only will you probably find seating limited there tends to be a very, very thick crowd. As in you'll probably end up bumping into people a lot. So which ever cosplay you find the comfiest, easiest to move in that can stand up to being knocked around a little is your best bet for going for long periods of time. Save other cosplays for going in for shorter periods of time and/or less crowded times.

The good thing is if you do end up outside the hotel in your costume Austin's motto is Keep Austin Weird. People accept people walking around in costumes for random things. However, Downtown is also famous for it's clubs and bars so once it hits 6 or 7 pm I would advise staying inside in costume. It's rare but downtown is not only famous for it's strip of clubs and bars along 6th it's also college district area. So if you go wandering the streets, keep something like pepper spray on you. Especially if you're by yourself or in a group less than two. Try to stick to groups. It's always safer.
Ah I see your point! I will do that. Saturdays are the most crowded right?

I will be staying at the con when in Cosplay. I don't want to attract attention outside...with the current stuff going on downtown. I was going to get a motel room but ppl say 2 star places are not worth it..

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 06:45 AM   #1788
Ballira
Ballira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangiku12 View Post
Ah I see your point! I will do that. Saturdays are the most crowded right?

I will be staying at the con when in Cosplay. I don't want to attract attention outside...with the current stuff going on downtown. I was going to get a motel room but ppl say 2 star places are not worth it..
It really depends on what you're willing to pay for and what you consider convenient enough for you. Some places even have discounts or special deals. I know the Hilton where the convention is going to be held is supposed to have some kind of discount or something if you're going for the convention. I'm not sure about he details there. ^^;
Unread 10-13-2012, 07:48 AM   #1789
Mouzif

About the posts on cosplay groups... That blows D: I don't see why people have to make it so complicated. Haha of course it's easier for me because I have my two younger twin brothers and we just like "bam. Cosplay group." but come oooon. Cosplay group is just another term for "hangin out with your nerd friends." no need for membership nonsense :P

The Prodigy Team - est. '12

Cosplays:
2013 - Femme!Kakashi
Sophie from Howl's Moving Castle
Mouzif is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2012, 11:19 PM   #1790
yamibakura03
a Time Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickmichael View Post
HOLY HELL! And to boot my fav voice actor talks the char. Yep that is what I will do. Thx again.
I like this voice actor because he voices Ryuken Ishida from Bleach. and your welcome!!
Future Cons:Anime Matsuri 2015
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
yamibakura03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2012, 11:33 PM   #1791
crimsonvz
This isnt my world ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayomelon View Post
Hey, I'm a new cosplayer located in Frisco/Plano area Been to A-kon but hoping to join an active group nearby and go to future cons again *Yeah*
glad to see more cosplayers up in this area

DA link
http://crimsonvz.deviantart.com/
facebook link
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...26&ref=profile

planning for afest 2009
crimsonvz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 06:35 PM   #1792
Falclon

So guys...Oni-Con. Anyone still going? xD
Unread 10-16-2012, 06:54 PM   #1793
Arceus2072
Amateur Voice Actor

I wish I could go to Oni-con.. why do most the good cons have to be in the south?!(I'm in DFW for those that don't know. xD) Dx wish someone could just tie me up in ropes/duct tape and kidnap me to Oni-con.. JK xD maybe next year though~ but my next "official" con is Ikkicon, but it's 2 months away, so it gives me plenty of time. xD If 1 day cons count, then Micro A-Kon is next. Heheh but I hope you peeps have fun. :3
Ryou Bakura - YGO!
Lelouch/Zero - Code Geass
Death the Kid - Soul Eater
Jean Kirschtein - SnK
(more in profile)

Next Con(s):
Mini A-Kon - Denton, TX (DONE)
All-Con 2014 - Dallas, TX (DONE)
Anime Matsuri 2014 - Houston, TX (Cancelled)
A-Kon 25 - Dallas, TX (DONE)
Screw Attack Gaming Con - Dallas, TX *NEXT*
AnimeFEST 2014 - Dallas, TX
Anime North Texas - Fort Worth, TX
Ikkicon IX - Austin, TX
Arceus2072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 06:07 AM   #1794
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Wish I could find a decent wig place that had some good wigs for Cosplay in Austin but most I've been to dont have many wigs in the color I need

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 06:30 AM   #1795
darkangel7410
FR057_F1R3

Ugh. I would not go to Oni-Con again without someone telling me it was F****** Fantastical and things were not so disorganized that anarchy looked better on paper then it did. Least not after last years oni anyways

Just a Cosplayer who likes to make new friends....and steal more souls lol JK! Anyways I'm always looking for new cosplays so if you can think of anything let me know My pics and description here.
Ichigo Kurosaki *Bankai*-Bleach(95%)
Zero-VK (35%)

Lee Syaoran- Tsu.Chro.(0%)
darkangel7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 09:32 AM   #1796
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Well, it looks like I'll be a Texas cosplayer soon! I'll be moving to the DFW area within the next couple of weeks. It will be very strange going to cons in Texas! I've only been going to the same Midwest cons for the last oh...9 years. I'm looking forward to some different scenery though, and meeting new people!
Levi - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
3DM Gear - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 90% (needs repairs)
Lux (classic skin) - League of Legends - 10%

Facebook || Tumblr
Starlit Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 09:40 AM   #1797
Croweh

Anyone going to Austin Comic Con next weekend? I'm going Saturday and debuting my Rinoa Heartilly costume. ^^

Planned Cons:
Comicpalooza 2014 - Stephanie Brown as Spoiler from Batman Eternal, Gwen Cooper from Torchwood, and Sabrina from Pokemon
A-Kon 2014 - same as Comicpalooza except swapping Gwen for Lugia from Pokemon
Wizard World Austin 2014 - Buttercup from Powerpuff Girls, Fem! Sam Winchester from Supernatural, and Violet from Pokemon
Croweh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 09:43 AM   #1798
Falclon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlit Rose View Post
Well, it looks like I'll be a Texas cosplayer soon! I'll be moving to the DFW area within the next couple of weeks. It will be very strange going to cons in Texas! I've only been going to the same Midwest cons for the last oh...9 years. I'm looking forward to some different scenery though, and meeting new people!
Well an early welcome to Texas to you then! I'm sure you'll like A-Kon, it's the largest Texas con and is in DFW. We also have Ikkicon coming up the weekend before new years in Austin and Anime Matsuri on Easter Weekend in Houston (technically the woodlands). There are also some other things like Mini a-kon, Micro A-Kon, the Tales con, etc, these are just the ones coming up.

@Rangiku12, there are actual cosplay wig stores in Austin? o.o The wig store I go to to buy my wig heads is always just a bunch of expensive real hair wigs and old ladies. xD Gothic Lolita Wigs is based in Houston though so you'll get pretty fast shipping from them. (Next day for us Houston folk :3)
Unread 10-18-2012, 09:10 AM   #1799
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falclon View Post
Well an early welcome to Texas to you then! I'm sure you'll like A-Kon, it's the largest Texas con and is in DFW. We also have Ikkicon coming up the weekend before new years in Austin and Anime Matsuri on Easter Weekend in Houston (technically the woodlands). There are also some other things like Mini a-kon, Micro A-Kon, the Tales con, etc, these are just the ones coming up.
Thank you very much! I am excited to be moving to an area with an active cosplay community. My friend who lives in the area has told me about groups that like to meet up and work on costumes together/help each other. It blows my mind that there are enough local people to do that! And there are so many Texas cons...I won't even know what to do with myself. If Ikkicon is the next one up, perhaps that might be my first Texas con? Depends on where I am financially and if my friend is planning on going I suppose. It's exciting to think I might get to go to a con soon! The last con I attended was around this time last year. I've been having to skip cons to save up for this move. Can't wait to get going again.
Levi - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
3DM Gear - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 90% (needs repairs)
Lux (classic skin) - League of Legends - 10%

Facebook || Tumblr

Last edited by Starlit Rose : 10-18-2012 at 09:13 AM.
Starlit Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 03:21 PM   #1800
Smoong
Fairy Tail Guild Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croweh View Post
Anyone going to Austin Comic Con next weekend? I'm going Saturday and debuting my Rinoa Heartilly costume. ^^
Heya, my husband and I will be there on Friday and Saturday. I'll be Black Widow and he'll be Punisher Noir on Friday, and on Saturday I'll be Power Girl and he'll be current Punisher (yeah, he's a Punisher fan). We'll be autograph scrounging Friday and Saturday afternoon and then we'll be at the costume contest Saturday night. Hopefully we'll run into each other for pictures!
San Japan

Our Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/SsCosplay

My deviantART!
Smoong is offline   Reply With Quote