Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1148 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #12061
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Hey Emu!!! *waves* XP!

Soooo my mom is officially amazing... she's gonna be picking up my black velvet from my friend on Thursday as I cant afford to meet my friend at her work, but mom can due to free travel lol Though I'm 100% sure I don't have enough trim for the cloak... alas it will have to do for the sake of the halloween party/gig looool

I'm also seriously thinking about making Belle's peasant dress next

Unread 10-14-2012, 07:49 PM   #12062
kiggi

who is all going to youmacon in a few weeks? i will be there fri and sat! i might be rapunzel and merida, and maybe bring cinderella too
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2012, 08:03 PM   #12063
WarriorPrincess
With her nose in a book

Emu - I've seen various pictures with as few as 6 panels. In the movie and the various Disney Resorts, the skirt has 8 panels.

Furie - You always seem so full of exciting news

As to my previous post, I meant to link this and was unsuccessful. Hopefully I get it to work this time >.< It's the fabric I am going to use for Belle's ball gown.

Fabric Picture

Upcoming Appearances
Denver Comic Con 2014
Colorado Renaissance Festival
DragonCon 2014
WarriorPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2012, 09:50 PM   #12064
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

WarriorPrincess ~ CONGRATS Finding the perfect fabric is always the hardest part! Especially for Belle! I cannot wait to see it! I hope you'll post progress here?

LKD ~ oh my gosh that's awesome. Between my old account on here (RuhiNunchuck) and this one I would rank 6th (233 w/ Ruhi + 188 w/ this one = 421 xD) but seperately I'd hold the 12th and 15th spots. lol too awesome!!! Great find!! And somehow I find it REALLY fitting that you and Cait are the top 2!

~Upcoming Cons & Costumes~
Holiday Matsuri 2013 - Anna (Frozen), Peppermint Parlor Bunny
EvilCon 2014 - TBD
Megacon - Sakizou Celes, Red Bimbette Caludia (Beauty and the Beast)
Bellecon 2014 - Scanty (SaSwGB)

Facebook * Deviantart
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2012, 11:34 PM   #12065
ardhri
Falcon in the Dive

Working on my next Disney cosplay, hopefully to wear her for Halloween. Minnie Mouse, here I come. So far, the bodice is mostly done, it just needs the sleeves. Then, the skirt.

I need to make a new pair of bloomers, though... thankfully those are easy, it just requires yet another trip to the fabric store. Hubby is going to be SO thrilled.
Suiguintou (Rozen Maiden)
Twilight Sparkle (Princess - My Little Pony)

Rest to be decided.
ardhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2012, 05:23 PM   #12066
LKD
Is a princess!!

Winter- Oooo Alice is so much fun to wear! Haha so much FREEDOM compared to other princesses. Are you talking about her ballgown? I would say around 8 but I'm not too sure

sasha- really? XD I'm like mortified that I'm first D;

ardhi- Oooo that sounds soo cute! I've been wanting to make a minnie for sometime!
Unread 10-15-2012, 07:00 PM   #12067
ModernPrincess
Princess of a New Age

@ WarriorPrincess

That is some fabulous fabric! Is it for the main body of the dress, or accents?
England/Arthur Kirkland - Queen of Spades (APH)

@};---
ModernPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2012, 07:32 PM   #12068
ardhri
Falcon in the Dive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKD View Post
Winter- Oooo Alice is so much fun to wear! Haha so much FREEDOM compared to other princesses. Are you talking about her ballgown? I would say around 8 but I'm not too sure

sasha- really? XD I'm like mortified that I'm first D;

ardhi- Oooo that sounds soo cute! I've been wanting to make a minnie for sometime!
Thanks! I was really stuck on what to work on since I've been in such a slump for the last few months. I've done dresses similar to Minnie's before so I figured it would be more straightforward and WARM for a Halloween-weekend photoshoot! Yay for layers?

Now... do I use the ears I bought in the spring or do I make new ones just for this? PONDER.
Suiguintou (Rozen Maiden)
Twilight Sparkle (Princess - My Little Pony)

Rest to be decided.
ardhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2012, 10:52 PM   #12069
WarriorPrincess
With her nose in a book

ModernPrincess - I am actually planning on using it for the whole dress. I want to use a sheer overlay to give the appearance of two fabrics.

Sasha - I will definitely share my progress as I go along. And in case you missed it, the moderators finally approved my post with the link to a picture of the fabric.

Upcoming Appearances
Denver Comic Con 2014
DragonCon 2014
Unread 10-15-2012, 11:48 PM   #12070
Aurora's Heart

Looks I'm ranked 9th on the posting chart. For a typical lurker that is fabulous.

LKD- That Splash Mountain pic is so pefect.

Furi- Glad you're getting your cloak fabric.

Warrior Princess- I love that fabric. It's a realy interesting choice for Belle and I can;t wait to see how great it looks.

ardhri- I'm glad you are doing Minnie. Sadly I don't think she gets as much love as she deserves.

So progress on my Rapunzel is the center back design is completed on my skirt and the one next to it is 80% done. I'm slowly chipping away at this thing. It may not make it to the contest this weekend but I have one more chance (money willing) to showcase what is quickly becomming my pride and joy. I'll see if I can post progress pics tomorrow.
Unread 10-16-2012, 06:56 AM   #12071
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

My Simba contacts arrived this morning!!!!! Gonna try them later once I've gone out and do a make up test too whilst I'm wearing them! So expect webcam shots of Simba haha!

UPDATE: WEBCAM SIMBA SHOTS: Webcam doesn't bring out the golden colors very well, but my camera doesn't wanna connect to the laptop so... gotta deal with webcam

I did use bronzer to bring out the more golden colors round my cheekbones and stuff but... webcam hates bronzer... so it doesn't show and makes me look really round faced... dang it!

Last edited by FuriePhoenix : 10-16-2012 at 08:57 AM.
FuriePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #12072
WarriorPrincess
With her nose in a book

Furie - you look great! And can I say that I absolutely love the ears.

And yay. My mass quantities of fabric will arrive tomorrow *does a happy dance*

Upcoming Appearances
Denver Comic Con 2014
DragonCon 2014
Unread 10-18-2012, 02:29 AM   #12073
Limeyaku
First-Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggi View Post
who is all going to youmacon in a few weeks? i will be there fri and sat! i might be rapunzel and merida, and maybe bring cinderella too
YOU'RE GOING TO YOUMACON!?!?!

GAH.

I asked Travis to go but he said no!! Is Ben joining you? I think that might persuade him. XD
Limeyaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 07:03 AM   #12074
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorPrincess View Post
Furie - you look great! And can I say that I absolutely love the ears.
Aww thank you!! I think the ears and the paw boots are my fav thing about the kigu too!

Oh yeah! My mom is picking up my black velvet as we speak woo! Also, talking of my mom.... she is constantly saying how much she wants a Timon kigu since she's seen me in my Simba one so much XD! So since then, in the future I now have a full Lion King Kigu group in the works!!!!!!!!!!! And at expo, my friend is gonna be Scar to go with my Simba! Expo is next week and it feels so weird not needing to be panicking over anything cosplay related haha!
Unread 10-18-2012, 10:07 AM   #12075
kiggi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeyaku View Post
YOU'RE GOING TO YOUMACON!?!?!

GAH.

I asked Travis to go but he said no!! Is Ben joining you? I think that might persuade him. XD
no, ben and brian are staying home im on vacation that week (the last week for vacations at work before we are cut off till march) and brian has to work, and im not sure he was crazy about collossalcon (that was both of our first a few months ago, but i think its more he doesnt know much about anime and i am just content bouncing around in costume ) and ben has halloween stuff at a bouncy house that im sure out weighs just being in a costume since he will be a bear jumping around a huge inflatable playyard

im going with my sisters boyfriend, in place of my sister. im pretty excited! we will be there fri, sat and leaving sunday.

i wish you could come! i miss you guys! (and ben asks if we are going to see our new friends whenever we go in the car) lol im glad travis liked him that much!!
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote