Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 121 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-14-2012, 02:32 PM   #4261
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

One of the downsides of living with 3 philosophy students, they never fucking stop arguing and debating EVERYTHING.

Like I don't mind it some of the time but lhaf way though an episode of Breaking Bad they start going into a debate on the ethics of Walter's actions. Yes brilliant, save it for the fucking end. I can not. Hear. What is happening.

The guy I live with is the worst, he's alright guy but man can he be an arrogant dick. In a number of ways he does fill many of the criteria for offensive obnoxious atheist. Like if anyone or aything on TV so much as mentions God or having a soul, he rolls his eyes and goes "Lol >implying >implying >implying >implying >implying"
Give it a rest. Please.

There was an advert for cancer support on TV and he actually said, actually: "Well everyone has to go sometime."
Fuck you.
Should we not treat any ilness, or even have hospitals? Should we just let everyone die?
Yes everyone has to die sometime, but no one wants to die slowly and painfully of cancer at aged 60, or 40, or even 20.

I can't believe I have to defend cancer research with this guy. I get that you're a philosophy student, you don't have to be one all the fucking time. Like I'm a film student, if I never did anything other talk about films I'd be a pretty fucking anoying guy.

In the first week he got punched in the face while at a house party. I'm starting to understand why.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.

Last edited by fullbleed : 10-14-2012 at 02:36 PM.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-14-2012, 02:40 PM   #4262
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
One of the downsides of living with 3 philosophy students, they never fucking stop arguing and debating EVERYTHING.

Like I don't mind it some of the time but lhaf way though an episode of Breaking Bad they start going into a debate on the ethics of Walter's actions. Yes brilliant, save it for the fucking end. I can not. Hear. What is happening.

The guy I live with is the worst, he's alright guy but man can he be an arrogant dick. In a number of ways he does fill many of the criteria for offensive obnoxious atheist. Like if anyone or aything on TV so much as mentions God or having a soul, he rolls his eyes and goes "Lol >implying >implying >implying >implying >implying"
Give it a rest. Please.

There was an advert for cancer support on TV and he actually said, actually: "Well everyone has to go sometime."
Fuck you.
Should we not treat any ilness, or even have hospitals? Should we just let everyone die?
Yes everyone has to die sometime, but no one wants to die slowly and painfully of cancer at aged 60, or 40, or even 20.

I can't believe I have to defend cancer research with this guy. I get that you're a philosophy student, you don't have to be one all the fucking time. Like I'm a film student, if I never did anything other talk about films I'd be a pretty fucking anoying guy.

In the first week he got punched in the face while at a house party. I'm starting to understand why.
...he's the sperm that made it? What the fuck...
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2012, 03:13 PM   #4263
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:

Give it a rest. Please.

Fuck you.

I'll debate this motherfucker. I'd love to hear his points before I strangle his ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2012, 03:52 PM   #4264
BisectedBrioche
Da ba di da ba di...

Quote:

Give it a rest. Please.

Fuck you.

He sounds less like an obnoxious atheist and more like an obnoxious philosophy student (who happens to have atheism as part of his philosophy). Speaking as a former programming student, I recommend reformatting his HDD. With a hammer.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2012, 04:13 PM   #4265
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Quote:

Give it a rest. Please.

Fuck you.

And you haven't decked him in the face yet? My goodness, you must have the patience of a saint!

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2012, 08:07 PM   #4266
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

And he listens to dubstep, all the time.

I love the the girls in my house, but man...

This whole day I've just been really down and lonely feeling.
Quote:
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
Unread 10-16-2012, 02:23 AM   #4267
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

I hate it when friends' relationships royally 'eff up friendships.

Someone I once considered one of my very best friends, someone who's like a youner sibling to me...wants nothing to do with me because the person they chose to be with hates my guts.

Let me just put it out there that the only thing I've ever done is exist.

Apparently that's more than enough.
They're manipulating someone I care a whole lot about and I'm so tired of seeing it happen over any over again. I've told myself so many times not to let it get under my skin but it hurts nonetheless. I just want my friend back.

Is that so wrong?
Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 09:53 AM   #4268
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaForThought View Post
I hate it when friends' relationships royally 'eff up friendships.

Someone I once considered one of my very best friends, someone who's like a youner sibling to me...wants nothing to do with me because the person they chose to be with hates my guts.

Let me just put it out there that the only thing I've ever done is exist.

Apparently that's more than enough.
They're manipulating someone I care a whole lot about and I'm so tired of seeing it happen over any over again. I've told myself so many times not to let it get under my skin but it hurts nonetheless. I just want my friend back.

Is that so wrong?
Uggh...I know that feeling. Right now my best guy friend is drifting away from me because of his girlfriend.... everyone in my group of friends is so sick of her because she's changed him (it doesn't help that she's just an obnoxious person, but that's another story). >.>

Best of luck to you in handling your situation though. :<

+In-Progress+

+2013 Plans+
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

Unread 10-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #4269
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger

Quote:
Fuck you.

I can't believe I have to defend cancer research with this guy. I get that you're a philosophy student, you don't have to be one all the fucking time.
I don't think philosophy is synonymous with "belief that everyone should die ASAP".

I'm pretty sure that if you have quick flick through Thomas Moore's 'Utopia' it doesn't open with "Chapter 1: Everyone should get cancer and eat a dick."

In fact, I'd estimate that saying "Y'know man... everyone, like, dies at some point... y'know?" is somewhere between entry level philosophy for earthworms and a visual tutorial on the dangers of blunt instrument head trauma.
Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #4270
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-and-Chips-Yum View Post
Uggh...I know that feeling. Right now my best guy friend is drifting away from me because of his girlfriend.... everyone in my group of friends is so sick of her because she's changed him (it doesn't help that she's just an obnoxious person, but that's another story). >.>

Best of luck to you in handling your situation though. :<
It'd help a lot if her mother and didn't love me to death.
We've known each other an insanely long time, and I used to babysit her and her little sister when they were younger. Let me just state that her family isn't LGBT friendly in any way shape or form, so the fact that she has a girlfriend is having to be kept hidden.
She just started her first year of high school and I've barely seen hide or hair or her, so getting to spend a little time with her over the weekend was really great. What would have made it so much better is if her overly dramatic jealous girlfriend wouldn't have spoiled the rest of it by starting a massive argument and making her miserable and cry for almost an hour. All because we had decided to go ice skating in cosplay and Invited her. Shame on us for giving her every chance to come and hang with us, for making everything as easy and painless as we could. Some thanks that was.
I could understand if her girlfriend hated me for trying to steal her away or some other bullsh*t, but the thing is...I don't do that sort of thing. (Besides the fact it'd be like dating my little sister.)
The thing is...it's no secret she hates my guts. I'm just afraid that one of these days, one of my best friends will hate me too just to make her girlfriend happy.

This is starting to look like spam but I just have to keep ranting over it.

I'm just tired of taking all the crap that the girls in my life throw at me. I just don't get what I'm doing wrong...or if I've even done anything right anymore.
Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 05:39 PM   #4271
Amanita

I don't think I'll be making the con this year. It turns out that the skyscraper's crown I need to make for myself isn't the kind of thing that I can make partly out of foam and just do a few castings to decorate. Nooo..After taking a good hard look at the reference pics while I was at work the other night, the whole damn thing is going to have to be done as a latex casting. And I just can't sculpt something of that magnitude with so little time left. Not when I'm working a job that doesn't give me a lot of time in which to do it. And it's not like I have any place to do a sculpture that size, or a safe place to put it where my mom won't murder me, and the cats won't destroy it in between sessions.

I might be able to finish off the fabric parts in time, but what the hell good does that do me? The crown was meant to pull it all together, without it, the rest of the costume doesn't really work as well. I don't want to just throw some generic headdress on and go as some random "other character". That would be a lazy copout.

And to me, the costume contest was the thing I was most looking forward to, as I thought I was really going to have something cool this year. I don't want to go and just watch everyone else on stage having fun, that would just rub salt in the fact that I am not up there with them.

I really don't want to spend all weekend wearing exactly what I had last year, with no alterations, nothing new to show off. Nor do I want to parade around in a half finished outfit, having to come up with some half baked explanation every time somebody asks me what I'm supposed to be.

This year has been such a pile of unmitigated steaming SHIT. My job has spent most of the year boning me, with so few hours that I could barely keep my nose above water. Because of that, the best christmas present I ever got (a HUGE chunk of change from my grandmother) ended up being frittered away on groceries and other crap that paychecks should have been able to cover, instead of making me happy in any way, shape, or form. I couldn't afford to go anywhere this year, or do much of anything fun. And when I did get a regular jobsite, it was too little, too late to save the one goddamned thing I still had to look forward to. Now that I have money to buy materials, there's not enough time to finish anything.

2012 has been nothing but loss after loss for me, I can't wait for this goddamned year to end.
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 07:08 PM   #4272
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:

Give it a rest. Please.

Fuck you.

I really don't understand how other atheist people manage to get these nonsense thoughts in their heads.

I am atheist and I don't go around slapping my atheist wang in peoples faces if they talk about their god. WTF, other atheist people. Calm yo tits.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 10:58 PM   #4273
Amanita

^Yeah, I have nothing against atheists, but when they start freaking out, getting nasty, or self righteous any time somebody else mentions deity or religion of any sort, that gets on my nerves. Look, I don't diss you for being an atheist, or see the need to argue with your beliefs, please don't argue with or diss mine.

And yes, those "devil's advocate" types who feel the need to argue and debate everything drive me nuts too. Look, sometimes I just want to rant or vent, I don't want to get into a huge argument or discussion over whatever's annoying me, or have a bunch of counter-arguments thrown in my face.
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 11:02 PM   #4274
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanita View Post
^Yeah, I have nothing against atheists, but when they start freaking out, getting nasty, or self righteous any time somebody else mentions deity or religion of any sort, that gets on my nerves. Look, I don't diss you for being an atheist, or see the need to argue with your beliefs, please don't argue with or diss mine.

And yes, those "devil's advocate" types who feel the need to argue and debate everything drive me nuts too. Look, sometimes I just want to rant or vent, I don't want to get into a huge argument or discussion over whatever's annoying me, or have a bunch of counter-arguments thrown in my face.
Exactly! I try not to force my beliefs on anyone (granted, I'm not afraid to be vocal about them), and I can only hope people would have the decency to do the same. Sadly, some people feel like they're the most correct person ever, and everyone who disagrees with them is a lost soul, or a child, or an idiot. -.-

+In-Progress+

+2013 Plans+
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

Unread 10-18-2012, 06:06 AM   #4275
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Life still isn't giving any one in this house a break.

Not only has my flatmate gone blind but one of the other girls in the house is suffering from severe anxiety. She's just gotten over a bout of food poisoning/possible stomach bug and it's kickstarted her anxiety again.

Which means I have to console her and talk to her and I don't really know her that well, and I'm terrible at providing emotional comfort and support anyway. Because I'm not really human you see. And I have so much work to do for tomorrow now I really don't have the time for this, and that makes me feel terrible that I just want to get up run out of there.

I wish I could do more, I wish I knew how to help but I don't. If anyone has any advice on dealing with anxiety please give it.

Now I need to write all about violence in media, which is cheery...
Quote: