Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop > Vocaloid

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 498 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 10-08-2012, 11:11 PM   #6106
Amandy-Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naudae View Post
While cosplaying KAITO one year, some fangirls offered to buy me some ice cream one year at Otakon while I was walking around in the Inner Harbor. Mot awkward yet most amazing impromptu date I've ever been on.

Despite it not being official or whatnot, I would still like to know.
I was trying to get enough opinions before saying this, but folks think I'm looking for officialness, so I may as well just say it. I'm planning on making the item myself. So, I'd like to know which would be better to do: a cone or a popsicle. I'm leaning more towards the popsicle for simplicity sake...
It's just as everyone has been saying, neither is better. They are both used equally often.

That's really adorable that they bought you ice cream, though. :3
Amandy-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-17-2012, 04:36 PM   #6107
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

The amount of motivation I have for Gumi has been intensified about 5x with the arrival of my goggles and the amazing reaction I got to what I have so far. I still need to go out this weekend and get the rest of the stuff for Love is War though ;A;
But..one of my cosplay idols telling me I make an awesome Gumi? I have to get default finished as soon as possible. Yes. I must.
..and then I might do about 10 other versions of Gumi or Len...or maybe another Vocaloid. Probably all of the above xD I especially want to cosplay from Dead Line Circus (ESPECIALLY Len) but with so few references available my only real choice is the Gumi costume for it I found on Taobao. Hmppphhh, anybody who does a Vocaloid PV needs to make character sheets for their outfits. This needs to be a rule xD
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 10:16 PM   #6108
touchmon
Make All The Things!

^Have you tried looking on pixiv? A lot of the times, for more complicated outfits, there will be a breakdown of the outfit if the producer/artist is on the website.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #6109
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
^Have you tried looking on pixiv? A lot of the times, for more complicated outfits, there will be a breakdown of the outfit if the producer/artist is on the website.
I haven't actually been able to get a pixiv account, so I can't ;-; Though I have seen a couple, like It's A Wonderful Cat's Life.
Also, I am sloooowly getting a group to cosplay Vocaloid together. Girlfirend says she's wanted to cosplay Teto so I'm trying to convince her and one of my friends at school has said he wants to be Len (and I would totally let him use my costume).
....squeeeeee.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Upcoming Cons
Unread 10-19-2012, 03:22 PM   #6110
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
I haven't actually been able to get a pixiv account, so I can't ;-; Though I have seen a couple, like It's A Wonderful Cat's Life.
Also, I am sloooowly getting a group to cosplay Vocaloid together. Girlfirend says she's wanted to cosplay Teto so I'm trying to convince her and one of my friends at school has said he wants to be Len (and I would totally let him use my costume).
....squeeeeee.
Searched with my account and found it.

Len
Gumi

Quote:

Unread 10-19-2012, 04:24 PM   #6111
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Searched with my account and found it.

Len
Gumi
I love you.
Forever.
LET ME HIKE UP TO (I forgot what state you live in, OTL) AND LOVE YOU.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Upcoming Cons
Unread 10-19-2012, 06:39 PM   #6112
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
I love you.
Forever.
LET ME HIKE UP TO (I forgot what state you live in, OTL) AND LOVE YOU.
Haha you're welcome. XD(and it is Jersey)

I found some orange fabric with polka dots today at Joanns. Still need some lace and then I will have Romeo and Cinderella Gumi done. ^_^

Quote:

Unread 10-21-2012, 03:41 PM   #6113
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Haha you're welcome. XD(and it is Jersey)

I found some orange fabric with polka dots today at Joanns. Still need some lace and then I will have Romeo and Cinderella Gumi done. ^_^
I don't think I ever knew that, actually xD Random bit, but ages ago I was at (I think) Cato's and they had some lingerie hanging up that I SWEAR would have been perfect for Miku, Luka, and Meiko all in a row. It was lingerie like in Romeo and Cinderella too, fyi xD

Right now I am budgetiiing. I know I'll get Gumi since I refuse to let a wig go to waste, but Vocaloid 3 is just jumping around in my face right now. -~- I'm pretty sure in the end it'll get down to between IA, Aoki, and Yuzuki Yukari.
IA will just cost a lot, and I'm not sure if I would let myself be okay with it since it's a very cool but simple-looking costume.
Aoki I just have the most insecurities with since she's supposed to be a tiny fairy, and I don't think I could pull her off well. (doesn't help that a tiny girl is going to be wearing it to cons I go to fairly soon).
Yuzuki would be great, but I would have to commission everything and that can get expensive, I'm just not sure how expensive.
x-x Hnnng. Why isn't any of this more popular so that there are better and cheaper solutions? Dx The only thing I could think of to help is taobao, but ordering through taobao can be tricky, I know.
I may end up just doing Teto if girlfriend doesn't. Teto is easier than all this. :L
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Upcoming Cons
Unread 10-22-2012, 02:02 AM   #6114
Kokoro Hane
Mangaka on a mission~

Just the top and the skirt, and Meiko default is done....

WHY MUST I BE BROKE RIGHT NOW???!! XD

*itching to try it on*
Meiko [default] (Vocaloid)
Hajime (Hamatora) {debuted at; Anime Conji 2014}
Tomoyo Daidouji [summer uniform] (Cardcaptor Sakura)

Currently in the works!
Kaiko Shion [blue dress - original] (Vocaloid)
Xiaoyu [school uniform] (Tekken Tag Tournament 2)
Kokoro Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #6115
Sakura Blizzard
Hoshi Hikaru

Hey. Haven't been here in months. -_-; Got angry at the site when they said my pictures didn't fit. -_-; Anyway. Anyone mind critiquing my Rin Kagamine cosplay? http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3230713/

I know that the shirt and pants are painfully obvious not made. lol I'll get to that when I have money. Also what do you guys think about the wig? I get paranoid about it because it's a bit longer than Rin's hair. -_-; Thanks.
Sakura Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 05:37 PM   #6116
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura Blizzard View Post
Hey. Haven't been here in months. -_-; Got angry at the site when they said my pictures didn't fit. -_-; Anyway. Anyone mind critiquing my Rin Kagamine cosplay? http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3230713/

I know that the shirt and pants are painfully obvious not made. lol I'll get to that when I have money. Also what do you guys think about the wig? I get paranoid about it because it's a bit longer than Rin's hair. -_-; Thanks.
Pretty cute overall. For the critique:
Well, first off I noticed that the bow is too small for Rin's along with bow on the sailor fuku. I can't tell if you have the belt thing that hangs off. Also the sailor fuku seems a bit too shiny, were you using some kind of satin? I think a cotton-like fabric would work better. Hope that helps.

Personally, I'm thinking about having a Badbye Gumi photoshoot this weekend since I'm going to be at home and I haven't cosplayed in a while. Have to rope my sister into taking pictures for me though. The wig is a bit long but I personally thing it works.

Quote:

Unread 11-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #6117
Sakura Blizzard
Hoshi Hikaru

Yeah I have to remake both of the bows. The one from the sailor fuku fell apart and the headband bow is tiny. -_-; And no satin for the black stuff. We used pleather. Why I'll never understand since it was our first time sewing and it was done by hand. (TAT)

And yeah that belt thingy that hangs wasn't made in time for the convention. (/TAT/) Know a better way to make it? The belt thingy. What we used for the belts was a bad idea.

Thanks for the critique touchmon. :'D Also does the wig look ok? It's a bit long but scared to cut it. >.<'

Also making Santa Rin for Holiday Matsuri. Should be fun. Had to alter it though for my liking. And that me and friend derped in the fabric and measurement of me. D':
Sakura Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2012, 08:13 PM   #6118
touchmon
Make All The Things!

^Hmmm, well one way to make the belt is to just use cotton fabric with interfacing inside or any other fabric that has the correct stiffness and paint/applique the triangles on. Or just find a real belt and do the same thing.

The wig does look alright. It's recognizable as Rin although to make it better, I would say trim it a bit shorter. Do you have a friend that has some knowledge of cutting wigs? It's actually pretty simple to do if you feel up to doing it yourself.

Quote:

Unread 11-26-2012, 05:34 PM   #6119
Viveeh
necrocarnival

I just got these awesome shots of my DWC Miku! The photographer really caught the mood of the costume I think.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3320505/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3320733/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3321205/

Now I've almost finished my Sweet Devil Miku cosplay as well. I basically have only the headset and mic to finish. I've also learned the dance... Still needs a little rinse and repeat but I have a feeling this weekend's contest will be awesome. XD
Viveeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 12:38 AM   #6120
MeiChama
Variable Trigger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viveeh View Post
I just got these awesome shots of my DWC Miku! The photographer really caught the mood of the costume I think.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3320505/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3320733/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3321205/

Now I've almost finished my Sweet Devil Miku cosplay as well. I basically have only the headset and mic to finish. I've also learned the dance... Still needs a little rinse and repeat but I have a feeling this weekend's contest will be awesome. XD
Oh my goodness, your cosplay is beautiful! The photographer did amazingly in capturing the mood. <3

I listened to one of Len's songs today called Super Hero so that'll be on my future list of cosplay.

Cons Attending
[Anime Expo]

dA
Facebook
Instagram
MeiChama is offline   Reply With Quote