Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Unread 10-20-2012, 05:46 PM   #1
Aphotic

L4D Hunter Cosplay Help?

Well, for Halloween I'm wanting to cosplay Hunter from Left4Dead (which will be my first cosplay ever~). I have all the materials, I've decided how to do the makeup/wounds, I've praticed crawling and screeching, but I've come across one thing I've yet to do. That would be weathering or ageing the clothes. I've thought of rolling around in dirt and things like that, but I want it to be authentic then that. I'd like it to seem worn out, bloodied, nasty, and just plain infected. I just can't think of many ways to do this to were it doesn't look like I had just bought it and threw mud on the costume yesterday... so please, I'd appreciate any help that you can provide. Thank you so much! (Oh, and as a bonus for helping me, I won't eat you come Halloween! ^_^)
Aphotic is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-20-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
o01101011
Just call me Digit

I took a spraybottle to my boyfriends hoodie filled with bleach. This gave an amazing speckling effect on the dark hoodie that I could then take browns, greens, and reds to to really gore up and textureize the fabric.
o01101011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2012, 06:34 PM   #3
Aphotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by o01101011 View Post
I took a spraybottle to my boyfriends hoodie filled with bleach. This gave an amazing speckling effect on the dark hoodie that I could then take browns, greens, and reds to to really gore up and textureize the fabric.
That sounds like it would look awesome! Thank you so much, I will most definatly have to do that.
Aphotic is offline   Reply With Quote