Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 108 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-18-2012, 08:46 AM   #4276
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
Life still isn't giving any one in this house a break.

Not only has my flatmate gone blind but one of the other girls in the house is suffering from severe anxiety. She's just gotten over a bout of food poisoning/possible stomach bug and it's kickstarted her anxiety again.

Which means I have to console her and talk to her and I don't really know her that well, and I'm terrible at providing emotional comfort and support anyway. Because I'm not really human you see. And I have so much work to do for tomorrow now I really don't have the time for this, and that makes me feel terrible that I just want to get up run out of there.

I wish I could do more, I wish I knew how to help but I don't. If anyone has any advice on dealing with anxiety please give it.

Now I need to write all about violence in media, which is cheery...
I'm sorry to hear all that. :/ Well, I suffer from bouts of anxiety, and the best advice I can really give is to be calm and be there for her. If she has anything like an anxiety attack, just stay calm. One time I was having an anxiety attack and my friend freaked out, and it just made everything worse because I got even more freaked out.... yeah. It can be hard to know how to console someone, and what I usually do is just listen, and offer to be there for her when she needs to talk to someone. I hope this helps, and I hope all this stressful stuff gets better soon. @_@ Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate.

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-19-2012, 07:15 AM   #4277
ladysphinx07
Cats Don't Like Me Much

Sigh...in 13 days I'm leaving for a con with my friends and my co-panelist has done absolutely nothing to help prepare. We've been doing panels together for years and usually I end up doing the majority of the research but this time I've done ALL of it. She hasn't done a damn thing. Nothing. She hasn't even called me to say "ooo yeah, we gotta do panel stuff!" I'm really quite bitter but I don't want to bring it up because just recently she had a family member pass away. So I would feel super guilty/selfish if I would say something about it. I'm frustrated but I don't know if it's even appropriate to say anything. Right now she probably needs some time with her family. Ugh, so confused.
ladysphinx07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 07:34 AM   #4278
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

FFS, I just checked my orders on Zavvi.com and they say my GitS DVDs won't arrive until next month. The page said "usually dispatched within a week", but 3 weeks is ridiculous. >_<

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 11:26 AM   #4279
Amanita

So I was at work last night, chilling in my office in between rounds. In comes one person who lives in the building. In very short order, she manages to piss me off epically. We get to talking, and I mention I'd like to visit Dubai. She says "Oh I don't. I don't want to give anything to the dark races over there!" I really wish I had told her to STFU right then, that I don't like to hear racist stuff like that. But I think I was too surprised to say anything- "She didn't just say what I think she did, did she?"

And she kept going on and on- bitching and moaning about the high rise buildings in my city, saying that nothing should be over 8 stories. BAD thing to say to a skyscraper lover like myself, especially when her little rant was peppered with so much ignorance of even the most basic principles of engineering or design. "Oh, this town's all rock!" Really? Rock's the BEST thing to build high rises on, for a nice firm footing that will take their weight. "I don't like walking near them, it's windy!" Yeah, the buildings she's bitching about were built in the 1970's, architects these days are much better at designing buildings to prevent that wind tunnel effect, it's not rocket science. And yes, true skyscrapers are MEANT to sway in the wind, the reason they survive extreme weather is that they're flexible enough to yield a bit.
Finally I shut her down by saying "Look, you're not going to convince me of anything, I love tall buildings, and I'm sick of heritage groups in this town insisting that everything new look like a copy of something old."

She also went on a rant about how she didn't like Sci-Fi, and that Star Wars was the product of sick minds. That's when I told her that if she felt that way, she might not want to talk to me, because I was a fan of Star Wars, as well as Sci Fi, fantasy, and similar genres. She also managed to insult a decent chunk of my family tree too, come to think of it. My family is a mixed bag of heritage- We've got the British Isles pretty well represented- England, Ireland, Scotland, and I think we've got Wales in there too. There's also some French and American, possibly others I don't know about.
She went on about "her people" and how when she was a kid, she and her relatives thought it was okay to disrespect the maid by throwing their clothes and other things on the floor for her to pick up, because the maid wasn't one of "her people"- ie, from the right part of the British Isles. I wish I had thought of that when she was rabbiting on- I would have come out and said "Ma'am, I've got (insert ethnicity here) in my family right alongside (your chosen people), you just dissed part of my family tree, NOT cool!"

Now why didn't I just tell this ignorant woman to get the hell out of my office and quit wasting my time? Well, we're supposed to be polite to the tenants, and it's really not professional to yell "Get the hell out of my office, you ignorant, racist twit" or "I can't wait till people like you die off, so maybe this town can get with the 21st century already!"
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 08:19 PM   #4280
zeochan
Bucky take the wheel

Well normally I don't write in a ranting/venting thread sos this is a first for me. And this isnt much but this person who I follow (and follows me actually me as well) on Tumblr tends to spam my dash. Obviously I don't mind this person reblogging stuff that he (just using he for protection) likes but its just he has this sort of "habit" (for a lack of a better word) of spamming my dash and it gets really annoying of seeing the same thing all over my dash. Hes a nice person, I know because ive talked to him before, but its annoying to have him spamming. To sort of put this in perspective, if you followed me on Tumblr, wouldnt it get annoying for me to keep reblogging the same stuff over and over and reblog something over and over again that you wouldnt to be funny or whatever? I understand he would find it funny or amusing or whatever, but its just annoying. The point of it is that it doesnt matter what EXACTLY the person keeps reblogging, its the spam.
So "rant" over now, carry on.
zeochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 09:00 PM   #4281
C0rvu51nku8a3
Best chin on Cosplay.com

Last edited by C0rvu51nku8a3 : 10-21-2012 at 09:05 PM.
C0rvu51nku8a3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 10:01 PM   #4282
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I'm not sure if I'm overthinking this or not but...

I spent the weekend up in the White Mountains in New Hampshire with my girlfriend and her sister. We had a lot of fun, but something odd happened this morning - we left the condo, and went to breakfast. The place we decided on wasn't crowded and their mom had suggested it.

We got there about 11:45. The hostess told us that they weren't serving lunch yet and to come back in 15. There were people in the restaurant, so I asked if we could just sit and have coffee. She told us very rudely that no. They weren't serving right now and to come back.
We had seen two people go in just ahead of us. Like 5 minutes before. (We had to go back to car for my girlfriend's wallet).

I figured we just got a bitch hostess and came at a bad time but my Gf's sister thinks it was because gf and I walked up holding hands. Which has never been issue anywhere before. But the more I think about it the more I wonder if she was right... NH is kind of weirdly conservative. And it's a ski town
(We ended up going to a different place because I needed caffeine or I was going to die)
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 10:09 PM   #4283
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

SO I found out my friend who didn't do a ONE thing for AAC and couldn't go WENT TO FUCKING AAC.

She had a hotel, she had a ticket, she had everything and when I tried to get AAC going earlier she completely forgot so me, and two friends (whom she both knows) where kinda shit out of luck on going to AAC I am beyond livid right now.

OH I FORGOT TO ADD I have to further secure my facebook from looneyface mcbitchpants AKA my friends mother because SHE STALKED MY GODDAMN FACEBOOK TO LOOK AT MY PICTURES SO SHE COULD SEE WHEN I COSPLAYED AND ASSUMED MY FRIEND WAS WITH ME IN SAID PICTURES! Which she was not but HEY I AM IN COSPLAY SO THAT MEANS SHE MUST BE THERE TOO!
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'

Last edited by BlondieSundae : 10-21-2012 at 10:25 PM.
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 10:36 PM   #4284
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

That's a bit creepy. You're both adults.
My Cat's Tumblr
Unread 10-21-2012, 11:01 PM   #4285
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
That's a bit creepy. You're both adults.
And half my cosplay photos are before I met taylor.... more than half actually. Her mother is a fucking loon.
Unread 10-21-2012, 11:03 PM   #4286
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

You want me to take care of them? I know a few ways to do the laundry...
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 11:09 PM   #4287
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
Is that for the crazy mom of Spaz's friend or the possibly homophobic, unquestionably rude New Hampshire hostess?
My Cat's Tumblr
Unread 10-21-2012, 11:09 PM   #4288
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
My friend would be grateful if her mother some how disappeared. >=D
Unread 10-21-2012, 11:13 PM   #4289
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Quote:
Is that for the crazy mom of Spaz's friend or the possibly homophobic, unquestionably rude New Hampshire hostess?
Two for one special.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 11:18 PM   #4290
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
I assumed both xD

Quote:
Two for one special.
HUZZAH!