Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Unread 10-16-2012, 02:59 AM   #1
IggywithTea

SHOES HELP,Dress shoes but need to add HEIGHT at least 3"

Hi there,
I am going to be cosplaying as Sebastian from Kuroshitsuji soon, The only thing missing is the SHOES. the problem being that I am very slender BUT my Ciel is 1/4" taller than me and nearly all Ciels outfits have some heel. I am 5'3" and she is 5'3 1/4" tall, but I really want to be at least a bit taller than her (as Ciel is 13) I really want to also keep the look of Sebastian's shoes at the same time. so If my ciel is wearing 2" heels I need to have at least 4" at minimum of height! I plan on buying this Shoe Lifts. I have also seen Elevator shoes online but they don't seem to go above 3.5" at most.

Does anyone know if I can use the shoe lift inserts with Elevator shoes???
Is there a way I can Make a platform or heighten the Dress shoes with something myself?
Or if anyone has a better solution please I really need the help!

I know we will do most of the shoots with Ciel sitting/laying down or me kneeling and than switch Ciel into flats, but I still need the shoes for cons and such. Sorry I'm crazy about details

As you may have noticed the actual shoe itself is very easy, just a very normal Men's Black Dress shoes. Here are the best shoe reference pictures I could find, he wears a rather normal Men's dress shoe : shoes and another pic

Also I cannot just wear huge platform boots that look nothing like his shoes, I will OCD out and have a spaz attack.
IggywithTea is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-16-2012, 12:02 PM   #2
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

What about doing demon Sebastian? Then u can wear heels, gives u his height and the accuracy u crave
Fem!Austrian War Succesion France (Hetalia/Nyotalia)- 10% done
Fem!Izaya (Drrr!)- 90% done
Magent!Teto (Vocaloid)- 95% done
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 10:20 AM   #3
StabbityBlkMage
I eat emo kids.

I just recently started using http://www.tallmenshoes.com/ for height changing shoes. Sucks because I'm 1" shorter than my cosplay partners and I always need to be the crazy tall guy >_< I'm really happy with the shoes I got from here since you couldn't tell that I was wearing them. Additionally I haven't tried the $6 elevator insole, but if they're like the ones that were in my shoes they should be fine. Just be careful that since they're dress shoes, you might pop out of them if you put in too much height.

http://i.imgur.com/uGdEwl.jpg

Blogspot- Step by Step tutorials!
Facebook
Twitter - Day to day WIP!
Deviantart
StabbityBlkMage is offline   Reply With Quote