Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1068 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 10-22-2012, 09:34 PM   #55186
Mr Zero

Bought some supplies for some prop guns I'm making. I need to get around to working on them more though :/
Mr Zero is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-22-2012, 09:44 PM   #55187
Curucar

That glorious moment when you find a coworker at a con, who you thought wasn't nerdy enough to attend fan conventions. And in turn, he discovers how many cons you attend. x_x

Cosplay-wise, I think that scalemaille has pummelled the dyslexic part of my brain into a mushy pulp. Which sort of pisses me off since I spent $80 on all the supplies. I'll look into painting vinyl or something to mimic the scales...
Unread 10-22-2012, 10:30 PM   #55188
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

I'm afraid that the only progress of today is that I have cleaned a pair of scissors that got all gummed up from cutting velcro with adhesive on the back.
:|
I'm giving up and just bringing my shirt with me to school and putting some beads.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 01:04 AM   #55189
Kumoshi
Just a cowardly montblanc

Just realized that the hat I bought recently could probably be used for multiple cosplays, I should start planning them. x_x

AX 2014:
- Vanellope Von Schweetz (Wreck-it Ralph)
- Kuroko Tetsuya (Kuroko no Basket)
- Isana Yashiro (K Project)
Kumoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 01:46 AM   #55190
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Didn't know what Hollywood tape was till I needed it for a Cosplay lol

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 02:55 AM   #55191
ghosgreen

To date I got my most complex and expansive costume ready to wear and holy &%E$ it was a hit! Damn I love my group and how awesome we all came out! We all did the Wolf Pack from Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City and damn it was crazy to have all six members in full gear making our run through the convention space and taking down a few STARS members here and there lol. But you know what got my stoked is that it's so amazing to see all six of us finally come together and see the final product. For about ten months we've been talking about this and damn we are there now. It is so awesome!
ghosgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 03:07 AM   #55192
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

I busted my brain for two hours researching on Kaito and VN02 Miku. I've been working on this for the past month or so, working out the structure of the wings, the shell of the wings, and the pattern base. But it's those darn details that is making me want to redraw it. What I imagined Kaito's original jacket to be really wasn't as I found out during the research.

Fusing two designs is such a pain...
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 07:11 AM   #55193
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Looks like I'll be plenty busy this weekend. I've got my Jane wig to get cut and styled properly. Then I've got my Halloween party on Saturday night. I just hope the wig doesn't give me too much trouble and ends up looking good.
At least if I need a distraction I can look at all the colors on my color ring from Arda! I can finally be sure of what color wig I need!
ETA: I'm seriously thinking I need to do a WIP pic of my Doctor Fangirl. I've got almost all of the major clothing pieces. Making sure it all works together well would definitely be a good thing.

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)

Last edited by Pirogoeth05 : 10-23-2012 at 07:15 AM.
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 08:39 AM   #55194
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

Woop! My whitescreen contact lenses arrived today! This means Porrim is pretty much finished, and more progress on Kankri and Cronus! =D
In progress:
| Loki Laevatein - 95%| Homura Akemi - 80%|
| Rin Matsuoka - 75%| Nagito Komaeda - 55%|
| Seishuu Handa - 50%| Uta - 40%|
~ ♥ ~
| Tumblr | deviantART | Cosplay plans | WorldCosplay | Cure |
LluviaSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 08:50 AM   #55195
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curucar View Post
That glorious moment when you find a coworker at a con, who you thought wasn't nerdy enough to attend fan conventions. And in turn, he discovers how many cons you attend. x_x
I've had that happen as well. Inversely and quite awkwardly, I had a customer recognize me through my cosplay the last con I went to. -_-;;;;;

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 09:28 AM   #55196
Akahime
Red Princess

/lesigh

My sisters got me excited that they were thinking that they might start cosplaying with me soon one day. But a day later after declaring that, when one of the sisters refused to try and lose weight with one of my sisters who really wants to, both of them practically dropped the idea. ;n; I mean, I'm not the skinniest girl alive or biggest and I am cosplaying. It's just about fun. I just wished the one who is obsessed with her stomach that sticks out a little bit more than normal average saw that.

Yeah, I have friends who do cosplay, but we don't tend to cosplay the same thing. Or at least, not at the same time. HAHAHA. Oh well. :3 As long my friends are in cosplay, I don't care! Haha. I suppose at least I got my sisters really interested in it for a day! I have one sister who thinks it's not necessary to lose weight to cosplay and the other one who likes to pay attention to details. If I had those two put together with me, we would be invincible! Haha, not really. >>;;

Just wanted to rant about that. 8D Maybe they'll change their minds again? >>;; Maybe.
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicaä (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Next cons: Midoricon, Anime Fusion?
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 09:49 AM   #55197
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Tried to put a wig into a ponytail.. it didn't go so well. (ノ °益°)ノ 彡 ┻━┻

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Tracon (13-14th September 2014)
SAT Hajime Saitō - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SUN Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 10:14 AM   #55198
Darrick

Popping my posting cherry here since its so active. Never been to a convention, but I cosplay on occasion for fun, and parties, and Definitely Halloween (I'm sure we all do here..)
I'm feeling nostalgic for the 31st, even if its been done to death.
opinion question: If you were going to make a Pikachu tail, would you (personally) want it sitting flat diagonally against your back for comfort sitting, or sagittally sticking straight out for aesthetics?
Searching through pics I haven't seen a male do Pikachu well the way females have, maybe I can change that :P
Darrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 01:02 PM   #55199
zeochan
Bucky take the wheel

That hopefully im able to get all my costumes done. This past year I only did 2 costumes (but thats still ok), so this year will be when I do my first "real" cosplay. I know that its expensive, but I dont need to spend $100 on fabric, or that every weekend I need go out and buy what I need. So probably one weekend I buy fabric and a later on I buy the another thing I need. Its October now, and im going to Anime North in May so I have loads of time but hey its not bad to start early. So im just hoping I can actually get 3 costumes done for me to wear to the con. And that maybe there's a chance my mom is able to get me a (mini but not necessarily a mini one) sewing machine since my costumes were altered by hand.
Here's hoping!
zeochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #55200
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
Tried to put a wig into a ponytail.. it didn't go so well. (ノ °益°)ノ 彡 ┻━┻
Well that stinks. Although I did giggle a bit at the image of Chizuru braiding Hijikata's hair. New headcanon right there. XD Chizuru: Your hair is going to look fabulous today!

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote