Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime LA

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-16-2012, 11:42 PM   #16
Maguma
Blazing Through Tommorrow

So first order of business!! Cosplay Chess is still officially going to be on Friday but there is a slight change. Where we are normally located, outside in the patio underneath the valet, is no longer this year's location. This year Cosplay Chess is being moved into MAIN EVENTS and will be located in doors in the Main Events hall. Which means there will be tons of space, seating, better sound, music, and much, much, more to bring to the table! (Or should I say board?) It will also be later in the day allowing for more people to show up and add some leniency for those who will end up participating and have to arrive on time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexy-chan View Post
Will ACP links work for the application? I'm super backlogged on coscom and really don't want to spend hours resizing photos. :/
Otherwise, down! Third time's the charm (year) XD
Definitely. that is totally fine~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantamus View Post
Hey do we have to be /wearing/ our costume in the picture?
Also, we're gonna be in bathing suits. Is that okay...?
Thanks.
Not necessarily but it helps to know that you have it in your possession and own it currently. As for being bathing suits, it all depends on what you're actually cosplaying. So send in your application and just make note that you wanted to know if it was okay or not and we'll let you know once we see what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnoe View Post
I haven't gotten an email reply back for a few weeks now. Does that mean they have not accepted my registration?
No this does not mean that you are not accepted. It means nothing really. The deadline for applications is a set point in which we then review all applications and make our decisions. There is no first come first serve policy, no confirm and reject method. All applications are accepted, and once the deadline passes, we choose the 32 pieces.
Maguma is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-22-2012, 06:55 PM   #17
Maguma

So it looks like this year we will be moving locations!!! Instead of being out on the patio with the overhang to watch the action happen, we'll be moving indoors to the Main Events hall! That means more space, seating, better sound, and a whole lot more fun!!!

Also we're still accepting applications so be sure to send those in ASAP!!!
Unread 10-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #18
YattaDante
Kumoricon 2006!

Is this Cosplay Chess scripted or unscripted? I'll elaborate on that to prevent any confusion. I've done Cosplay Chess at other conventions, and there have been some where the chess game is actually played out during the event and some where it has been played out months in advance (which gives the chess pieces time to meet with the person they have to duel so they can choreograph something). I wasn't sure what type ALA uses.
Unread 10-04-2012, 11:02 AM   #19
Data Allister

Registered, hope to see you guys there!!

Anime LA Ops
Gallifrey One Ops
Data Allister is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2012, 11:50 AM   #20
Maguma

Quote:
Originally Posted by YattaDante View Post
Is this Cosplay Chess scripted or unscripted? I'll elaborate on that to prevent any confusion. I've done Cosplay Chess at other conventions, and there have been some where the chess game is actually played out during the event and some where it has been played out months in advance (which gives the chess pieces time to meet with the person they have to duel so they can choreograph something). I wasn't sure what type ALA uses.
Anime Los Angeles matches are not scripted.
Unread 10-15-2012, 09:44 PM   #21
sarg3_5laught3r

just got the last pieces of my Bane costume. Will try and get pics up tonight/tomorrow.

EDIT:

Just shot over my application. Hope to see you all on the chessboard.

Captain Jack Harkness: 5%
Booker Dweitt: 5%

Last edited by sarg3_5laught3r : 10-16-2012 at 05:24 AM.
sarg3_5laught3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 02:03 PM   #22
Dr. Temujin

I had lots of fun doing this last year! I will be sending in my application within the next few days!
Question: If we decide to use a different costume/character before the event starts, can you change it in the register, and how much time will we be given to do that?
Dr. Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2012, 05:30 PM   #23
Maguma

Update: Cosplay Chess is actually still going to be on the Patio like in previous years. I apologize for the rapid change.

Hey boys and girls!! New update with some fantastic news! We actually have a time for Cosplay Chess at ALA!

Anime Los Angeles Cosplay Chess will be taking place on Friday @ 2:30 PM in the Main Events Hall.

So now that this information has been shared, you have tons of time to figure out those schedules and we hope to see you all there!! Also be sure to apply asap by downloading the app at the link provided: http://www.mediafire.com/?9rcngpud9i5ki89

make sure to email them as soon as possible! *THERE IS NO LIMIT ON APPS! SEND THEM IN ALL THE WAY UP TO THE DEADLINE!*

Also be sure to keep your eyes on this thread for other updates and answers to questions you have or want to ask!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Temujin View Post
I had lots of fun doing this last year! I will be sending in my application within the next few days!
Question: If we decide to use a different costume/character before the event starts, can you change it in the register, and how much time will we be given to do that?
If you wish to change your costume we HIGHLY suggest you do it before the deadline of the applications comes near so we can change that in the roster/application. If for some reason you are not able to wear the costume you signed up as, please let us know ASAP by emailing me or posting it here.

Last edited by Maguma : 10-20-2012 at 06:19 PM.
Unread 10-20-2012, 05:54 PM   #24
sarg3_5laught3r

will we get confirmation that you received the application via email or here on the forums?

Unread 10-20-2012, 06:23 PM   #25
Maguma

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarg3_5laught3r View Post
will we get confirmation that you received the application via email or here on the forums?
At this time we are not sending out confirmation emails but sooner down the road we will do so once we sort out all the fine details of the event for the convention! If you have sent in an application and want to know if we've received it feel free to email us or post here and we'll let you know.

And if you are asking, yes, we have your application :)
Unread 10-20-2012, 09:36 PM   #26
sarg3_5laught3r

okay, good. My email/home internet is spotty at best, and wanted to make sure you got it.

Unread 10-22-2012, 03:37 AM   #27
shadowdragon13
Dont mess with the Dragon

Just sent my app. I'm going as Allen Walker from D. Gray-Man.
Liza (Pokemon R/S/E) - 100%

2014 Cons: Anime California, Comikaze (maybe), Bent Con (maybe), Nuke the Fridge con.
shadowdragon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 01:05 PM   #28
Dr. Temujin

Thanks for replying, Meguma. I'll be sending in my app shortly!
Dr. Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2012, 03:28 PM   #29
lexy-chan

Looking forward to a third year as a participant!

Upcoming Conventions/Events:
Hyper Japan 2012 . Anime Los Angeles 2013 . Sakura-con 2013 . Nor-cal Spring Gathering
lexy-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2012, 11:09 PM   #30
cloudyheaven
ultimate.cosplay.diva

is it too late to send in apps? i just finally decided on a cosplay that would be perfect for this!
cloudyheaven is offline   Reply With Quote