Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3907 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-23-2012, 02:37 PM   #57271
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
Also how did he get the things head on a pike?
In addition to being a merciless killing machine, Punzy is also an accomplished stonemason.

I've decided Superman is like the Beatles of superheroes. But, hey, at least we've got Superdickery. That almost makes up for it.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-23-2012, 02:56 PM   #57272
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
In addition to being a merciless killing machine, Punzy is also an accomplished stonemason.

I've decided Superman is like the Beatles of superheroes. But, hey, at least we've got Superdickery. That almost makes up for it.
Oh that explains everything!

If it wasn't for super dickery superman would be nothing to me.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #57273
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
How did I not see this coming.

Also how did he get the things head on a pike?

1) Makes sense but I thought Rhody had the war machine, guess he gave it a snazzy new paint job
2) She better be I adore pep
3) As a cosplayer and person who requires the character to look exact it irritates me... and personally I dislike it on RDJ in general (it's ok but I just like his longer hair better)
4) I respect the Superman, I just don't enjoy him as much. Being practically invulnerable to everything except a green rock makes things less interesting and I find the character as interesting as paint drying. Tis why I always preferred Bats
5) Agreed and understood
6) I'm stupidly excited for all those things especially extremis...
Image is fron one of those AU What-If's where Punisher murders everyone (again). He first blew up the Thing, then stuck his head on the pike.

1) Again, movie doing it's own thing. Which is good, because it was 100% faithful to the comics, we would have about 20 years of shitty, racist Iron Man stories.
2) Gwen wants to get money, get paid. Marvel has agreed to these terms. Everyone wins.
3) Better than the mullet he sported in the 90s.
4) UNPOPULAR OPINION: Bats is just, if not more BS. The dude's powerset is literally anti-power and being rich. And ridiculous amounts of plot-armor. I like the Bat, but let's face it, the only real difference between him and the countless pulp heroes and Superman that his creators took inspiration from is that his Rogue Gallery is AWESOME, and arguable 2nd to Spidey's. Also best sidekicks, well best sidekicks in comics if we ignore "The Tick.
5) TWIP!
6) I'm pretty pumped, I just wish the new armor wasn't god awful looking

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 03:22 PM   #57274
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Image is fron one of those AU What-If's where Punisher murders everyone (again). He first blew up the Thing, then stuck his head on the pike.

1) Again, movie doing it's own thing. Which is good, because it was 100% faithful to the comics, we would have about 20 years of shitty, racist Iron Man stories.
2) Gwen wants to get money, get paid. Marvel has agreed to these terms. Everyone wins.
3) Better than the mullet he sported in the 90s.
4) UNPOPULAR OPINION: Bats is just, if not more BS. The dude's powerset is literally anti-power and being rich. And ridiculous amounts of plot-armor. I like the Bat, but let's face it, the only real difference between him and the countless pulp heroes and Superman that his creators took inspiration from is that his Rogue Gallery is AWESOME, and arguable 2nd to Spidey's. Also best sidekicks, well best sidekicks in comics if we ignore "The Tick.
5) TWIP!
6) I'm pretty pumped, I just wish the new armor wasn't god awful looking
OH blowing up the thing makes more sense xD I was imagining him with a hack saw or something

3) Fair enough...
4) Yea he's def not on my top fave super hero, in fact I like his villains most because of how memorable they are. I just like him better than Superman, Green lantern is a hero I like more in DC because his power is just damn cool.
6) Tony is all about style I'm sure he'll fix it.... after figuring out that PTSD
Unread 10-23-2012, 03:22 PM   #57275
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

My mother-in-law took me and the munchkin costume shopping today and it took a while, but she finally decided on a costume. She's gonna be a cat and is really excited about it. I still don't have a costume for myself though...

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 03:23 PM   #57276
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

I forgot to add I played goat cupid at the lab today
Unread 10-23-2012, 04:55 PM   #57277
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I had a really wacked out dream.

Boyfriend and I where at our wedding, which was outdoors. But it was in this weird sort of..almost old decrepit school that was just in the shape of a rectangle with the middle cut out and seats on the top floor like a stadium with covered seating.

His family gave us this huge 10 foot white wicker sofa, love seat, and rocking chair set up and gruffly told us they knew we could fit it in the apartment somehow.

And then my old cat, who died when I was in high school (her name was princess, she was a gorgeous black cat), was there walking around the property which was like..this marshy grassland and some lady from another building out in the marsh asked if she could operate on my cat and take some of her organs she didn't need so she could eat them and I was like "Lol sure" thinking she was just being a weirdo. Then I went looking all over for my cat and got scared that the lady killed her for meat and then I found her walking around that building with half of her fur shaved and a closed wound. The lady said she took his kidneys and random shit and shoved me a baggy with her organs in them and I shouted at her that she was a freak.

Then I woke up.

What the fuck.

I need a hug.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 05:16 PM   #57278
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

I think I need to smack 2 of my friends next time I see them... XD I have two friends (who don't know each other surprisingly) and for the last few weeks they keep telling me how great some online dating site they use is, and that I need to check it out. Lol, told them I'm good, but they keep telling me to!!!!!

Funny since neither of them has had a relationship with someone they met online that has lasted over a month. Pretty sure that I would MUCH rather have something more serious, than just a 1 month thing. Although I guess some people have better luck than others with the online scene...Also I would probably never consider meeting a random person online, due to horror stories I have heard from my male and female friends of people they have met...My friends sometimes... :/
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 05:20 PM   #57279
sam vimes
A real live wire

Don't let anyone tell you you're wrong about Superman, Red Sox Nation. You know how lame Superman is? They let Dean Cain play Superman. Also, I was totally being sarcastic when I wrote that thing about Silver Age Superman being good. I hate all of the DC superheroes except Hawkman (cause dude's got serious balls to even be seen in that get-up) and John Constantine.

Arc is right - Frank Castle is the best.

Robert Downey Jr. is about twenty years too old to have that haircut.

WHY WAS PEPPER BAREFOOT ALL THE TIME IN THE AVENGERS? FUCK YOU AND YOUR FOOT FETISH, WHEDON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 06:09 PM   #57280
Mr Zero

Just got off of work, and now about to eat dinner. I realize I should start sleeping earlier, since I'm a zombie pretty much at work XD
Mr Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 06:17 PM   #57281
NewAgeSpartan

Just got back from my run and was starving so I made ham and eggs for dinner. (Breakfast for dinner FTW!!!)

Other than that, got trained at work to run the Fork Lift. Was pretty cool actually.
NewAgeSpartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 06:20 PM   #57282
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Lithium -
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 06:29 PM   #57283
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Don't let anyone tell you you're wrong about Superman, Red Sox Nation. You know how lame Superman is? They let Dean Cain play Superman. Also, I was totally being sarcastic when I wrote that thing about Silver Age Superman being good. I hate all of the DC superheroes except Hawkman (cause dude's got serious balls to even be seen in that get-up) and John Constantine.

Robert Downey Jr. is about twenty years too old to have that haircut.

WHY WAS PEPPER BAREFOOT ALL THE TIME IN THE AVENGERS? FUCK YOU AND YOUR FOOT FETISH, WHEDON!
Ah you have sarcasm down so well xD But yea I respect the fact he was the first superhero... but after that I am SO meh about Superman he bores me to tears as a character and everything.... but I'm probably going to see the new movie any ways xD

AGREED I HATE THAT HAIRCUT IT'S TOO RYAN REYNOLDS FOR HIM

Easy answer, Gwenyth Paltrow is REALLY tall for a lady and RDJ is pretty short, she is often wearing flats instead of heels in her scenes with him and they can't show her feet much. So they probably were like FUCK SHOES SHE'S GOING SHOELESS
Unread 10-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #57284
sam vimes
A real live wire

Hey, 5'8" is a perfectly acceptable height.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 06:59 PM   #57285
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
Agreed.

The best dipper for fries/chips, though, is a chocolate milkshake. Perhaps someday you'll all learn to accept that.
Yes. Yes. 1000 times yes!

I always dip my fries into my frosty at Wendy's.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote