Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-08-2012, 08:32 AM   #16
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Camera angles work wonders, high camera angles look flattering on pretty much everyone!
Also try angling your head certain ways in front of a mirror to see what works and what does not.

I don't know if this goes for everyone but.. I try to avoid having my head straight-on to the camera, this often makes my face look bad complete with a double chin and whatnot. Instead I always turn my head a bit more to the side, often also tilting my head up very slightly while I do so.. not too much though or it will look just as bad. XD

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version
Eren Yeager (casual outfit) - Attack on Titan

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Yukicon (10-11 January 2015)
SAT ???
SUN ???
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-20-2012, 12:51 AM   #17
Cephas
ICXC NIKA

There's this. http://youtu.be/TyahNt1CF1s

Even if you're not attempting intermittent fasting, I think the point is you have to lose weight to a point where your weight loss stabilizes. Then the skin will gradually tighten.
Cephas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2012, 09:01 AM   #18
NewAgeSpartan

I hate to say it, but working out is really the only way to get rid of it. Specifically, high intensity cardio, such as running. It'll burn the fat, which will eliminate the second chin.
NewAgeSpartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #19
bunny_Bri

There are such things as neck exercises and despite what Arti says, there are muscles in the neck and chin area. The muscles there are actually directly connected to the skin so when you tighten and tone the muscle there it picks the skin up too. It's fairly common in Asian countries to practice facial and neck exercises. I can't say much about the machine but, if you are willing to spend 15 minutes a day making some weird faces you can tighten it up. You can youtube a ton of stuff or if you want I can try to find my notes and links on my busted computer. These helped me a lot when I lost 15lbs after quitting Rugby.
Unread 10-21-2012, 03:12 PM   #20
Animegirl13

A few exercises that I know to prevent double chins are:

1. Stick out your tongue and wiggle it up and down about 20-30 times, then do the same wiggling it side to side

2. Tilt your head back and stick your tongue out as far as it'll go, and hold that for about 10-15 seconds

They sound stupid, but if you do them you can feel them stretching out that bit under your chin and they *should* help!

~Temari- Chunin Exam Arc (Naruto)
~Megurine Luka (Magnet)- Vocaloid)
~Megurine Luka (Just Be Friends)- Vocaloid)
~Temari (Sasuke Retrieval Arc)- Naruto)
~Shirley Fenette- Code Geass
~Izumo Kamiki- Ao No Exorcist
~Megurine Luka (Matryoshka)- Vocaloid
~Princess Tutu- Princess Tutu

In-Progress

~Sayaka Miki (Magical Girl Version)- Puella Magi Madoka Magica

deviantART
Animegirl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 03:32 PM   #21
Gabriel79a
The Beard

The double chin can be an absolute nightmare to get rid of. I hate to start with bad news but I have to start with the truth. The good news is that it is possible, it just takes time. The other bad news is that this is a really long post!

First things first:

Get your diet right! Getting rid of a double chin is like getting your abs to show. 90% of it happens in the kitchen. Cut out the processed food, sugars, and any and every simple carb. Most of your diet should consist of unprocessed meats, whole uncooked veggies, and black, brown, or wild rice as the only other carb.

Take fish oil. It actually helps burn fat, especially when taken in the morning. I take 3 grams 3 times a day for a total of 9 grams daily.

Drink plenty of water. Make sure its enough. If you are working out and you better be, I look at a gallon a day to be about right.

Secondly:

Get the proper workout. Cardio helps but can only take you so far. Fat retention is partly due to hormone levels. Big complex lifts boost testosterone and other pro-growth hormones. The higher the testosterone, the less propensity the body has to store fat. Do squats! Do deadlifts! Overhead Press and Bench Press. BIG COMPLEX LIFTS. The last two will really help!

Specific Exercises: The muscles you want to target are the platysma muscles. They are difficult to work by themselves so you really have to work the whole neck. Check out this link for some exercises: Bodybuilding.com Neck Exercises

Bigger traps stretch these muscles wider and will also help so Shrugs and other trap exercises can be useful.
Keep your expectation in check. It takes time! Don't push too hard to fast with your neck man, it's kind of important to have. And remember, even Bane(Tom Hardy) had a little double chin in the new movie.

Good Luck!

Last edited by Gabriel79a : 10-22-2012 at 06:28 PM. Reason: broken link...
Gabriel79a is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2012, 04:46 AM   #22
eBay Sniper
Sanguini Draculae

Thanks for all the suggestions!

2014 cons: Shatterdome Con for sure, and maybe other local ones like AUSA.

Deviant Art - http://scarlet-impaler.deviantart.com/
Facebook - www.facebook.com/marluxia.tepes
eBay Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote