Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Others

Unread 10-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
FLORIDASUPERCON

ANIMATE! MIAMI, January 18-20, 2013 in Miami, FL.

Animate! Miami
January 18-20, 2013
www.animatemiami.com
www.facebook.com/animatemiami

ANIMATE! MIAMI is a new event from the team at Super Conventions, organizers of Florida Supercon. It's also an old event, as it's essentially the continuation of Anime Supercon / Animation Supercon under a new name.

Animate! Miami is a 3 day event dedicated to Anime, Animation and Cosplay, featuring celebrity voice actors, industry guests, anime, cosplayers, artists, panels, Q&A's, costume & cosplay contests, vendors, parties, workshops and more!

ANIMATE! MIAMI will take place at the Miami Airport Convention Center, 711 NW 72nd Ave, Miami FL. 33126. HOTEL PHONE: 305.261.3800
ANIMATE! MIAMI: 954.399.1330, mike@floridasupercon.com
Convention Event Hours / Exhibition Room Hours
Friday, 2:00PM - 3:00AM / 2:00PM - 9:00PM
Saturday, 11:00AM - 3:00AM / 11:00AM - 7:00PM
Sunday, 11:00AM - 3:00AM / 11:00AM - 7:00PM

Some of the guests already set to appear at the show include Maggie Flecknoe, Brittney Karbowski, Mark X Laskowski, Monica Rial and John Swasey.

MAGGIE FLECKNOE
Maggie is an actress (voice, stage, film and television), writer, producer, and host of the nationally syndicated television segment "The Online Dish" for Tribune and The CW Affiliate KIAH-TV Ch. 39. Maggie is best known to Anime fans for her roles in High School of the Dead (Saya Takagi), Clanned (Yukine Miyazama), Samurai Girls (Hanzo Hattori) and Pani Poni Dash (Ichijo). When she's not acting, Maggie is broadcasting. She was an entertainment reporter and traffic anchor for 790 “The Sports Animal” and a reporter and producer for News Radio 740 KTRH.

BRITTNEY KARBOWSKI
Brittney is an Anime Voice Actress for many Funimation and ADV releases including: Soul Eater (Blackstar), Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Selim Bradley/Pride), Xenosaga (M.O.M.O.), Pani Poni Dash! (Himeko), Coyote Ragtime Show (Franca), Kanon (Ayu Tsukimiya), Yumeria (Mone), Godanner (Momoko), Gilgamesh (Fuko), Ouran High School Host Club (Hinako), Negima!? (Anya), Sasami: Magical Girls Club (Anri Misugi), Air Gear (Reng Fa), One Piece (Apis), Le Chevalier D'Eon (Anna Rochefort), Claymore (Riful), Hell Girl (Minami Shibuya) and more! Brittney is more than just a voice actor, and can be seen in the feature films Up & Down, Puncture (co-starring with Chris Evans) and Code of Evil.

MARK X LASKOWSKI
Mark has appeared in numerous anime series, as well as appearing on stage in Houston and around the country. Mark has recently starred as Kōta Hirano in High School of the Dead and in Clanned After Story as Tajima. His other vast credits include: Air Gear (Issa "Buccha" Mihotoke), Angel Beats! (Igarashi), Angelic Layer (Masaharu Ogata), Area 88 (Bucksy), Comic Party Revolution (Yosshi), Cyber Team in Akihabara, Diamond Daydreams, Excel Saga (Norikuni Iwata), Ghost Hound (Eiichi Ooya, Hiroshi Furusawa), Gintama: The Movie (Shinpachi Shimura), Guyver: The Bio-Boosted Armor (Elegen), Halo Legends (Teenage Boy, Marine), Kiba (Stonos, Xeed), Papuwa (Nagoya Willow, Great Man-God, Blue Scat Mouse), Pumpkin Scissors (Paulo), RahXephon, Sister Princess, The Super Dimension Fortress Macross (Warera Nantes) and more!

MONICA RIAL
As an actress Monica has lent her voice to over 250 anime including: High School of the Dead (Shizuka), Soul Eater (Tsubaki), Air TV (Misuzu), Azumanga Daioh (Nyamo), Black Butler (Mei Ren), Black Cat (Kyoko), Burst Angel (Jo), Chrono Crusade (Fiore), Claymore (Miria), DN Angel (Towa), D. Gray-man (Lero/Lulu Bell), Excel Saga (Hyatt), Fairy Tail (Mirajane), Full Metal Panic (Kyoko), Gunslinger Girl (Angelica), Hetalia (Flying Mint Bunny/ Belarus), Negima (Konoka/Kazumi/Satsuki), Noir (Kirika), One Piece (Tashigi/Carue/Kuina), Ouran Host Club (Renge), Princess Jellyfish (Mayaya), School Sergeant Frog (Momoka), Shuffle! (Asa), Speed Grapher (Kagura), Spiral (Rio), Tsubasa Chronicles (Sakura), Witchblade (Maria), Shinchan (Ai), Fullmetal Alchemist (Lyra/Dante), Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (May Chang), Case Closed (Amy), Trinity Blood (Vanessa) and more!

JOHN SWASEY
John has voiced bazillions of anime characters such as Gendo in Evangelion, the Captain in Halo (VG), Lord Death in Soul Eater, Hoenheim in Fullmetal Alchemist, Sir Crocodile in One Piece, Salvador in Borderland II (VG), Kogoro in Sgt. Frog, Huang in Darker than Black, Vulcan in Orphen, Ken in Kaleido Star, Captain Ahab in Hakugei The Legend of Moby Dick, Rikudoh in RahXephon, Mister in Coyote Ragtime Show and more! His live action acting credits include roles in 2009 Lost Memories, Conduct Zero, Yesterday, Jungle Juice, and the Gamera trilogy.
FLORIDASUPERCON is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-23-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
FLORIDASUPERCON

MY LITTLE PONY invades ANIMATE! MIAMI

Animate! Miami is thrilled to announce the addition of superstar voice actors Andrea Libman, Nicole Oliver and Peter New to the list of guests scheduled to appear at the January 18 - 20, 2013 event! In addition to amazing resumes that include hundreds of cartoons, movies and television credits, Andrea, Nicole and Peter all currently star in the hit animated series, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Bronies, Pegasisters and every day fans of My Little Pony will have the chance to meet and interact with the voices of some of their favorite ponies, such as Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Princess Celestia, Cheerilee and Big Macintosh for the first time in Florida!

Andrea Libman is an actress, voice actress, television writer, and singer best known for her roles in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Pumpkin Cake, Daisy, Rose, Mr. Turnip, Rocky, Sir Lintsalot, Madame LeFlour), Madeline (Madeline), X-Men: Evolution (X-23), My Little Pony G3/G3.5 (Sweetie Belle, Zipzee), My Little Pony: Twinkle Wish Adventure (Sweetie Belle), Maison Ikkoku (Ikuko Otonashi), Dragon Ball (Chi-Chi, Penny), Gundam 00 (Mileina Vashti) and Monster Buster Club (Cathy).

Nicole Oliver is an actress and voice actress best known for her roles in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (Princess Celestia, Cheerilee, Daisy Jo, Crystal Pony and Rose), Death Note (Naomi Misora), Littlest Pet Shop series (Zoe Trent), X-Men: Evolution (Risty Wilde), He-Man and the Masters of the Universe 2002 (Queen Marlena, The Sorceress of Castle Grayskull), Kung Fu: The Legend Continues (Kelly Blaine), Maison Ikkoku (Kozue's Mother, Kuroki), Key the Metal Idol (Key), Ranma ½ (Ling-Ling, Lung-Lung, Miyo, Yotaro's mother), 1001 Nights (Shahrzad) and dozens of more animated and live action shows!

Peter New is an actor and voice actor best known for his roles in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (Big Macintosh, Magnum, Jet Set, All Aboard, Persnickety, Doctor Stable, Atlas), Littlest Pet Shop (Sunil Nevla, Angry Motorist, Pet Shop Patron), Mobile Suit Gundam 00 (Ian Vashti), Powerpuff Girls Z (Grubber, Lunk), MegaMan: NT Warrior (AirMan) and InuYasha (Tesso, Chokyukai).
Unread 12-02-2012, 12:06 AM   #3
Brutal
Metal Thrashing Otaku

I'm so there.

Conseason 2014:
TBA

Bring back Naruto Trek and Yasumicon!
Brutal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 12:21 AM   #4
FLORIDASUPERCON

Hey Brutal... i can't speak for Yasumicon and Naruto Trek, but Animate! Miami is Anime Supercon under a new name. Glad you're coming!
Unread 12-04-2012, 01:26 AM   #5
Brutal
Metal Thrashing Otaku

Haha, I know. Don't worry about it. I'm just glad to see Animate!/Animation Supercon is back.

Conseason 2014:
TBA

Unread 12-04-2012, 02:07 AM   #6
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

I'll be there sporting ponies the whole weekend! Derpy Friday, changing into Rarity later for the runway contest. Rarity will be Saturday, and I'll be my personal ponysona on Sunday. X3
Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) - 100%
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
True Form Midna - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen

Last edited by Reily96 : 12-06-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 03:54 PM   #7
Brutal
Metal Thrashing Otaku

I know there's got to be more people on coscom that are attending this con. -_-

Conseason 2014:
TBA