Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > New York Comic Con

Unread 10-19-2012, 09:37 AM   #241
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by eebee View Post
Hurrayyy pictures!

yeah, I can't keep track of all their brief appearances. They jump around too much. They haven't been main characters since their short span with the Runaways, but they still show up everywhere, so obviously someone in management has decided they don't want to let them fade away.

II would be more than happy to listen to all the great reasons to love C&D. I like that they have a clear goal and pursue that goal steadily, and are not at all ashamed of their heavyhanded methods. I also like that they're a constant relief from most comic relationships which are a mess of fights over nothing, breakups, psychic cheating, UST, etc.

You're right, we could. It's not like there will ever by an NYCC year where I don't do Marvel. Though my list is getting longer and more varied, come to think of it. I updated my signature with all our ideas. Want to cast a vote?
Runaways under BKV is arguable one of my favorite runs on a Marvel book to date, if not my fave (also see Morrison's NXM). That FCBD one-shot he did with the X-men is one of the best done-in-ones I've read as well. BKV OWNS!

As far as obscure Marvel characters go, anyone I like usually blows up in terms of popularity after a few years-Deadpool, Ms. Marvel, Iron Fist, Hawkeye....granted that means more awesome comics with them, so it evens out. Nowadays, I think the only characters I'm SUPER into that count as obscure are the Runaways cast and....Darkhawk. Yeah....definetly Darkhawk.

As for voting for a character, HNG, that's rough. Starjammers are an inspired choice, as I NEVER see them cosplayed, but I'm also partial to Wanda. Your choice really, I'm cool with either, as having both Clint and Scott in my cos-robe means group fun can be had in 2k13 :3

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #242
eebee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Runaways under BKV is arguable one of my favorite runs on a Marvel book to date, if not my fave (also see Morrison's NXM). That FCBD one-shot he did with the X-men is one of the best done-in-ones I've read as well. BKV OWNS!

As far as obscure Marvel characters go, anyone I like usually blows up in terms of popularity after a few years-Deadpool, Ms. Marvel, Iron Fist, Hawkeye....granted that means more awesome comics with them, so it evens out. Nowadays, I think the only characters I'm SUPER into that count as obscure are the Runaways cast and....Darkhawk. Yeah....definetly Darkhawk.

As for voting for a character, HNG, that's rough. Starjammers are an inspired choice, as I NEVER see them cosplayed, but I'm also partial to Wanda. Your choice really, I'm cool with either, as having both Clint and Scott in my cos-robe means group fun can be had in 2k13 :3
It is both great and awful to have these nerd conversations. It's great to have an equal comic fan with whom I can even have said conversations - Harold, as he puts it, 'likes comics, but isn't a fangirl like you'. But it's successfully reminding me how many more comics I actually want and how I will never catch up to my ideal collection. ><

I haven't gotten to read a lot of the Runaways, to be honest. I pretty much only got to read the random volumes the library back in my hometown had.

I don't really know what qualifies as obscure these days. I mean, C&D used to have monthly solo appearances, so to older readers I bet they're pretty well known, but maybe less so now? I've also always liked Sunfire a lot, who tends to have less-well-known appearances. I would be excited if any of my faves ended up becoming wildly popular, because of the more comics. =) I have a lot of love for a lot of well-established popular characters too though, so there will always be more to read.

Hahaha, I would love to see some daddy-issues shots between your Scott and Harold's Chris. That would be weird-funny.

We still have a long time to decide, since we only go to NYCC. Carmelita and Sly are almost 100% decided on, and I'm probably going to push for Penny because her gauntlet would be a really fun construction project, but other than that, we'll probably just see how we feel in a couple months. =)

Chosen, In Planning:
Carmelita Fox (with Sly Cooper), Riza Hawkeye (with Roy Mustang),

Under Construction:
Ravager, Emma Frost (with Namor, Phoenix Five editions)
eebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #243
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
It is both great and awful to have these nerd conversations. It's great to have an equal comic fan with whom I can even have said conversations - Harold, as he puts it, 'likes comics, but isn't a fangirl like you'. But it's successfully reminding me how many more comics I actually want and how I will never catch up to my ideal collection. ><

I haven't gotten to read a lot of the Runaways, to be honest. I pretty much only got to read the random volumes the library back in my hometown had.

I don't really know what qualifies as obscure these days. I mean, C&D used to have monthly solo appearances, so to older readers I bet they're pretty well known, but maybe less so now? I've also always liked Sunfire a lot, who tends to have less-well-known appearances. I would be excited if any of my faves ended up becoming wildly popular, because of the more comics. =) I have a lot of love for a lot of well-established popular characters too though, so there will always be more to read.

Hahaha, I would love to see some daddy-issues shots between your Scott and Harold's Chris. That would be weird-funny.

We still have a long time to decide, since we only go to NYCC. Carmelita and Sly are almost 100% decided on, and I'm probably going to push for Penny because her gauntlet would be a really fun construction project, but other than that, we'll probably just see how we feel in a couple months. =)
If you ever has the cash-monies floating around, I suggest grabbing on of those Marvel Digital Accounts for a year. There's A TON of runs available on there, that can be accessed by the pc and I THINK iOs devices soon (android to follow). It's geniunely good stuff.

And yeah, talking to other peeps about comics is great, but will tempt the hell out of you to spend more $$. Carrie is strictly a trade or digital girl, with a few exceptions here or there. And outside of a few Black Widow stories and WaTM, not really into the super hero scene, unless it's a movie and Thor's not wearing a shirt.

As far as obscure vs popular, yeah, sometimes it's just easier to follow the big names, because you're guaranteed a few good stories per year. I think my Big 3 Marvel characters at the moment are Cyclops, Spidey and Hawkeye. I could go on more, I assure.

PICTURE UPDATE- AUTUMN HAS POSTED YOU AND HAROLD PHOTOS ON BOOKFACE, OPPOSE TO SUNSEENLI AND HAROLD, REJOICE! :P

If Harold does do Cosair, that would be dope, and some lulz would occur, I can promise you that much.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 10-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #244
eebee

HURRAH MORE PICTURES!!

I've been eyeing the Marvel online thing, and I have something of a plan for that. I want a Google Nexus, and will hopefully get one within the next few months. I like the idea of a tablet, but really hate iOS, and the Nexus is the first Android tablet with across the board rave reviews. Once I have such a thing, if Marvel has released Android compatibility, then I'll buy in. =)

Luckily, I am untemptable, because I do not in fact have the money to spend no matter how much I would want to. xD Harold's only recently gotten into superhero-type comics too. He's pretty much a modern-only guy though, not a lot of interest in the older styles. To be fair, it's a pretty huge shift from 80s Claremont X-Men to modern day fare.

Because of all the crazy crossover-ing and shifting of the entire mutant world and whatnot, I'm more or less waiting to see how the characters settle out before picking my new favorites to follow. Except for Rogue and Gambit, because I'll always love them. I've been waiting to see how/where Frenzy will resurface, because I really liked her character throughout Legacy. I'd really love for Hisako to resurface as a main character too. She was great in Manifest Destiny.

I'll let him know that there will be lol-creepy shots available should we pick those two. =)

Jesus, I think someone must be moving either in or out of my building. It sounds like they're just dropping sofas down the stairs.

Chosen, In Planning:

Under Construction:
Unread 10-19-2012, 03:26 PM   #245
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
HURRAH MORE PICTURES!!

I've been eyeing the Marvel online thing, and I have something of a plan for that. I want a Google Nexus, and will hopefully get one within the next few months. I like the idea of a tablet, but really hate iOS, and the Nexus is the first Android tablet with across the board rave reviews. Once I have such a thing, if Marvel has released Android compatibility, then I'll buy in. =)

Luckily, I am untemptable, because I do not in fact have the money to spend no matter how much I would want to. xD Harold's only recently gotten into superhero-type comics too. He's pretty much a modern-only guy though, not a lot of interest in the older styles. To be fair, it's a pretty huge shift from 80s Claremont X-Men to modern day fare.

Because of all the crazy crossover-ing and shifting of the entire mutant world and whatnot, I'm more or less waiting to see how the characters settle out before picking my new favorites to follow. Except for Rogue and Gambit, because I'll always love them. I've been waiting to see how/where Frenzy will resurface, because I really liked her character throughout Legacy. I'd really love for Hisako to resurface as a main character too. She was great in Manifest Destiny.

I'll let him know that there will be lol-creepy shots available should we pick those two. =)

Jesus, I think someone must be moving either in or out of my building. It sounds like they're just dropping sofas down the stairs.
The ppl above us are the worst, as their childrens never stop moving. Ever.

Also Autumn has finished posting the photos she got of us. There's about a dozen in total, which is cool. I approve!

The Nexus is already compatiable w/ Comixology, so you'll be able to get some older stuff on the cheap as is. As for the Marvel DCU, I think it goes live for iOS in December, so I imagine early 2013 for Android.

As for who's gonna end up where. Gambit's in Astonishing and his ongoing, Rogue's in Uncanny Avengers, Wolverine's crew will be in WaTXM and All New X-men, alongside the original 5, and whoever Cyke will be running with (Mags, Emma, Magik I imagine).Legacy will become Legion's book, and I have no idea with what's going on w/ adjectiveless X-men post January. Plus some mutant may end up as Avengers. COMICS EVERYONE!

Unread 10-19-2012, 03:40 PM   #246
eebee

Quote:
The ppl above us are the worst, as their childrens never stop moving. Ever.

Also Autumn has finished posting the photos she got of us. There's about a dozen in total, which is cool. I approve!

The Nexus is already compatiable w/ Comixology, so you'll be able to get some older stuff on the cheap as is. As for the Marvel DCU, I think it goes live for iOS in December, so I imagine early 2013 for Android.

As for who's gonna end up where. Gambit's in Astonishing and his ongoing, Rogue's in Uncanny Avengers, Wolverine's crew will be in WaTXM and All New X-men, alongside the original 5, and whoever Cyke will be running with (Mags, Emma, Magik I imagine).Legacy will become Legion's book, and I have no idea with what's going on w/ adjectiveless X-men post January. Plus some mutant may end up as Avengers. COMICS EVERYONE!
Autumn is definitely great. I love the pics. =D

Thanks! I can't afford to keep up to date on releases, so I'm always on a lag when it comes to finding out what's happening to everyone. I knew about Rogue - I'm completely psyched for Uncanny Avengers in general. It's a shame Gambit won't be in the same series, but at the same time I'm sure there will be about a million crossovers and cameos, as usual. I'm pretty ehhh about Legion, which is why I'm hoping Frenzy will hop ship away from Legacy so I can read her with someone else. In general, though, I've always found it's just easier to go with the flow and pick up what seems fun at the time. =) Tracking everyone is work, and comics are supposed to be fun.

Comixology was actually one of the deciding factors for me about getting a tablet at all. I've been playing around with it on Harold's iPad, and it seems really good. I only wish they offered more collected runs instead of just singles. I love the collected trades for following a storyline that took place across multiple titles. See above re: my desire to have to put work into comics. xD

Chosen, In Planning:

Under Construction:
Unread 10-19-2012, 08:20 PM   #247
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Autumn is definitely great. I love the pics. =D

Thanks! I can't afford to keep up to date on releases, so I'm always on a lag when it comes to finding out what's happening to everyone. I knew about Rogue - I'm completely psyched for Uncanny Avengers in general. It's a shame Gambit won't be in the same series, but at the same time I'm sure there will be about a million crossovers and cameos, as usual. I'm pretty ehhh about Legion, which is why I'm hoping Frenzy will hop ship away from Legacy so I can read her with someone else. In general, though, I've always found it's just easier to go with the flow and pick up what seems fun at the time. =) Tracking everyone is work, and comics are supposed to be fun.

Comixology was actually one of the deciding factors for me about getting a tablet at all. I've been playing around with it on Harold's iPad, and it seems really good. I only wish they offered more collected runs instead of just singles. I love the collected trades for following a storyline that took place across multiple titles. See above re: my desire to have to put work into comics. xD
Trades are weird. Try the actual Marvel/DC apps for collections. I know Nook has Day 1 digital trades for DC now. Marvel? Fuck if U know.

Also now we have 2 threads, yay.

BTW, managed to get a hold of our lost Selena/Shaw from NYCC. She seems to be down for any futures shoots we have off or on cons!

Unread 10-20-2012, 09:40 AM   #248
eebee

Quote:
Trades are weird. Try the actual Marvel/DC apps for collections. I know Nook has Day 1 digital trades for DC now. Marvel? Fuck if U know.

Also now we have 2 threads, yay.

BTW, managed to get a hold of our lost Selena/Shaw from NYCC. She seems to be down for any futures shoots we have off or on cons!
Comixology does have some trades, just not many. I tend to think they're pretty handy, but it's not like I can't assemble my own full crossover story from the singles if need be. =)

Cool! You know we're always down, though our costume options are somewhat limited without sufficient heads-up.

Talking about C&D made me dig out some old Spideys, specifically the Maximum Carnage batch. Spidey's villains always seem so much worse than all the other Marvel baddies. He really got the short end of the stick when it comes to chaotic evil lunatics on his turf.

Chosen, In Planning:

Under Construction:
Unread 10-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #249
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Comixology does have some trades, just not many. I tend to think they're pretty handy, but it's not like I can't assemble my own full crossover story from the singles if need be. =)

Cool! You know we're always down, though our costume options are somewhat limited without sufficient heads-up.

Talking about C&D made me dig out some old Spideys, specifically the Maximum Carnage batch. Spidey's villains always seem so much worse than all the other Marvel baddies. He really got the short end of the stick when it comes to chaotic evil lunatics on his turf.
Spidey hands down has the best villains in the MU, and arguably comics in general. Which explain why Spider-Man is hands-down the BEST super hero out there. I could speak volumes on the issue.

And I think there's more collections available digitally directly on the Marvel/Dc apps.

Unread 10-25-2012, 04:15 PM   #250
eebee

Whooo. Midterm week is over. That's a relieving feeling.

Chosen, In Planning:

Under Construction:
Unread 10-25-2012, 04:57 PM   #251
tsukeru

As requested earlier, as the author of this thread: please keep this thread cosplay & NYCC related only. Take it to off topic or to IM.
tsukeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2012, 05:12 PM   #252
eebee

I thought Aurora was the author of this thread. And she talked with us a bunch. =/

Chosen, In Planning:

Under Construction:
Unread 10-26-2012, 07:56 AM   #253
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
I thought Aurora was the author of this thread. And she talked with us a bunch. =/
2nding, Aurora is OP. Not that is matters, as you know, freedom of speech and all that.