Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3917 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-25-2012, 10:25 PM   #57496
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Once letters started popping up in math, I walked away. They have no business being there. Find x? Fuck that.

History and Literature is where it's at.
This. My high school education was almost entirely in the humanities (english every year as was mandatory, religion/philosophy every year since I was in a Catholic school, three history, three geography, anthropology/sociology/psychology, music every year...). I took the bare minimum requirements for science and math (fortunately they had a "practical math" class in the last year I had to take it which taught things like financing on cars, doing income taxes, and calculating interest rates. Yannow, USEFUL stuff you'd actually use in your life. I got an 87 in that one).
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-26-2012, 05:03 AM   #57497
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

I've been really lucky to have a string of super awesome history teachers, so I've loved those classes. Even before 8 AM, I would always be wide awake for their lectures! Unfortunately I can't say that all my English teachers were stellar. I still have yet to get one who really can help me refine the little weird stylistic things about my writing, but w/e. (One of them made us read Atlas Shrugged for class. 1056 pages of Ayn Rand? Ick.) I am sad I didn't get to take any visual art classes, but I was in band pretty much every year, so I guess that's where all my credits went. xD

As for math, I took Calc I and Calc II last year and I think I'm going to be set until college. (Which, looking at the engineering track, means I get to take Calc III. Yay. x.x) I've loaded up on science courses too-- I think I've taken/am taking 4 semesters more than is required?-- but that hasn't been an issue either. My chem teacher now is amazing, she even won a national award for teaching!
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 18% (Sewing) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 07:02 AM   #57498
Orochimaru86
Snake Master

So I'm off soon to work for 5h and then.... birthday party!!
Orochimaru86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 08:08 AM   #57499
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Once letters started popping up in math, I walked away. They have no business being there. Find x? Fuck that.
I want to send out a press release in regards to how awesome that statement is.

So it's Friday. THANK GOD! This week has dragged by in the office, as it's the first full week I've worked since....August? Damn, that is a long time. I just pounded a 12oz Red Bull (CRUSHED THAT SHIT BRAHS!) to ensure that I don't die before my 11am coffee trip. RISKY MANUEVER, BUT IN A WORLD FULL OF POTENTIAL FRAKENSTORMS, ONE MUST ALWAYS PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT!

That and I'm paying real money to see the new Silent Hill movie tonight (IN REAL 3-D), which only proves I give little to no tosses about my well-being.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #57500
D3V1Ls

What is this "school" thing you are all talking about? I have no knowledge of this word... oow.. wait is that this socially awkward place were a bunch of youngsters come together to pretend to like each other and are violently forced to learn what the adults deems as mandatory teaching?

Yes, I've been to a few of does a long time ago and have to say it was the best place to catch up on sleep.
D3V1Ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 08:31 AM   #57501
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
That and I'm paying real money to see the new Silent Hill movie tonight (IN REAL 3-D), which only proves I give little to no tosses about my well-being.
That's out today? Guess I'm seeing it tomorrow (Going to see the Video Games Live concert today)
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 09:21 AM   #57502
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Quote:
... reminds me of my first-year calculus class in uni: on the mid-terms, we were given questions with no numbers at all, so the solution would look something like x= R/2 + 3P instead of x=4. And then we had to graph that shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
That's out today? Guess I'm seeing it tomorrow (Going to see the Video Games Live concert today)
Enjoy the show! Ours was really good. (though once again, as a costumer, I was pretty disappointed that the "costume contest" was won by a kid with a bought costume *sigh*)

Last edited by MaiSheri : 10-26-2012 at 09:24 AM.
MaiSheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 09:30 AM   #57503
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
Guarantee you'll have more fun at VGL than seeing SH. But srsly, I went back in...2008? It's good stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiSheri View Post
... reminds me of my first-year calculus class in uni: on the mid-terms, we were given questions with no numbers at all, so the solution would look something like x= R/2 + 3P instead of x=4. And then we had to graph that shit.

Enjoy the show! Ours was really good. (though once again, as a costumer, I was pretty disappointed that the "costume contest" was won by a kid with a bought costume *sigh*)
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GRAPHING.

The costume contest at those things are usually a dissapointment, as whatever's the most popular will always beat out quality. The show I saw had a Link cosplayer beat out a flawless Edea (FF8) costume, because the audience had a hard on for Zelda.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 09:48 AM   #57504
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Oblong? Your face is closer to heart or moon pie, whichever is less offensive to young women these days.
Tip for the future: do not ever compare a woman's face to a moon pie.

EDIT: Unless she literally has a moon pie for a face, and then it is possibly acceptable.

Quote:
Anyone else bothered by the OnlyLeggings.com add that pops up here every now and again? Anyone who's not Grace Jones shouldn't be in those leggings.
No, I never get those ads. And I wouldn't be bothered by them, because I guarantee you all those leggings are on my shopping list.

Quote:
Oh wow, is it time for a bunch of pretty teenage girls to talk about how ugly they think they are? I FUCKING LOVE THAT GAME!!!
ME, TOOOOOO!

Tomorrow we're going to try to take Little Dude to a Halloween parade. Sunday we're going back for ANOTHER Halloween parade, except this time we're bringing Penelope, too. She's going to be a dragon.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 10:00 AM   #57505
Jia Jem
replicant
Rock Star Admin

I came to work today dressed in My Little Pony. THIS IS APPLE BLOOM TYPING. This is the only weekend out of the year I can do this and not look like a freak. (Although Admin expects this, I mean hey, I work for coscom.) I had a photoshoot this morning before work, but decided against changing into normal clothes.

I wonder if my teenage self would have thought I was cool. :/

I'm also looking forward to SH tonight, forum friends.

EDIT: proof. and admin's bathroom

Last edited by Jia Jem : 10-26-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Jia Jem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 10:17 AM   #57506
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Quote:
Oh wow, is it time for a bunch of pretty teenage girls to talk about how ugly they think they are? I FUCKING LOVE THAT GAME!!!

I don't feel well and I kind of want to cry. My douchey flatmate ate the last of the bread and all of my biscuits. Like they were only cheap fucking biscuits but you ate all of them! But that's not why I want to cry, I just feel like shit is why.

Tomorrow I have to run 5km while being chased by zombies. This is something that sounded fun the time...
Quote:
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 10:20 AM   #57507
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
Tomorrow I have to run 5km while being chased by zombies. This is something that sounded fun the time...
Is that that Run, Zombies! game or are you actually being chased by (people dressed as) zombies (who may or may not actually rip you apart if you're not fast enough)?
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 10:28 AM   #57508
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
I don't feel well and I kind of want to cry.
Sorry you feel lousy. ): And don't even have a biscuit to eat to cheer you up. Some days suck like that. Maybe being chased by zombies will get your endorphins going.

@PD Penelope as a dragon sounds awesome! What are you guys and LD going as?

@Everyone. Math is fucking awesome. Math took us to the moon and to the bottom of the sea. Math lets us takes pictures of our brain while it is still inside our skull. Math lets us see and talk to people who are thousands of miles away. Even is you don't like doing math yourself, you really ought to appreciate what math has done for you.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 10:39 AM   #57509
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
Is that that Run, Zombies! game or are you actually being chased by (people dressed as) zombies (who may or may not actually rip you apart if you're not fast enough)?
No it's actual assault course type thing being chased by zombie peeps who if they catch you WILL BRUTALLY RIP OFF the coloured flags on your waist.

I appreciate what maths does for us, and in high school I kind of enjoyed it just because there's always a right answer to get. There's nothing ambigipus (ambiguous?) about it, which I liked even if I wasn't smart enough to remember how to do everything.
Quote:
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 10:40 AM   #57510
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger

Quote:

I don't feel well and I kind of want to cry. My douchey flatmate ate the last of the bread and all of my biscuits. Like they were only cheap fucking biscuits but you ate all of them! But that's not why I want to cry, I just feel like shit is why.

Is that the thing where you go to like an abandoned mall and actors dressed like zombies chase you around and you shoot them with paintballs or something? I have a mate who is going to one of those... and I think it's tomorrow...

This thing

Apparently you're not allowed to shoot them in the face. What kind of zombie apocalypse is that?

Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote