Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Others

Unread 10-22-2012, 10:05 PM   #1
Katala

Wink Game of Thones Con in Ohio April 2013

There is a Game of Thrones Con called Ice and Fire Con next year that is in Ohio, conceived at Dragoncon, or should I say hatched.It's one of the only fan based literary ASOFAI conventions that I've seen in America. And I know that GRRM said he'd be able to go to it if it is still around in like two years (I know he must be really busy right now and those that go the first year get first chance at tickets that year).

Websites include: http://iceandfireconvention.com/ and https://www.facebook.com/events/2438...9230319556617/

There is a long blog about it here: http://ageeksaga.blogspot.com/2012/0...-ice-fire.html

It basically says: THE ICE & FIRE CONVENTION is being held at Ravenwood Castle in south-central-ish Ohio, FRIDAY APRIL 26th – SUNDAY APRIL 28th. Yes panels and accommodations are in the Castle and castle cottages. We are planning photoshoots, a mock Westeros election, several panels, a mini-tournament, a gaming night, medieval lunch, high teas, feast and costume contest, actually many contests for awesome prizes. All completely ASOIAF-related, of course.
There will be three price tiers for tickets (two of which include a meal or meal[s]) and you *must* stay on site accommodations, but castle rooms are pretty affordable and include breakfast.

If you might go let me know – I'd be glad to meet you. I'll be going as Cat and even have a book version "post-feast or should I say when-the-Reines-play-Cat" planned for Feast and After-feast, which should be fun as I plan to play the old version board game like that.

Costumes:
  • Finished: She-Ra, Hathor (SG-1), G-Girl (My Super Ex-Girlfriend), Circe (or Leta), Miaka (Fushigi Yuugi), Scarlet Witch, Inara with crossbow prop (Serenity), Hermione's Red Dress (HP7), Lady Catelyn Stark (GOT), Electra, Baroness, Newmar Catwoman, Sha're (SG-1), Ceremonial Leia, Fiona and Lessa (Pern), Romana I, Prof. McGonagall (HP)
  • My service dog, Cinder is wearing: K.9. (Dr. Who), Gold Dragon Weyrling (PERN), and Gryffindor.
Katala is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
MetalArtisan

Am I reading this right there are only a hundred or so tickets available to the event?
That seems like it'll really limit attendance.
MetalArtisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 02:08 PM   #3
Katala

80 tickets, so yes very limited. so in a couple of years when we get GRRM all to ourselves it will be a very private event. It is at a castle grounds so it is only at castle capacity.

Costumes:
  • Finished: She-Ra, Hathor (SG-1), G-Girl (My Super Ex-Girlfriend), Circe (or Leta), Miaka (Fushigi Yuugi), Scarlet Witch, Inara with crossbow prop (Serenity), Hermione's Red Dress (HP7), Lady Catelyn Stark (GOT), Electra, Baroness, Newmar Catwoman, Sha're (SG-1), Ceremonial Leia, Fiona and Lessa (Pern), Romana I, Prof. McGonagall (HP)
  • My service dog, Cinder is wearing: K.9. (Dr. Who), Gold Dragon Weyrling (PERN), and Gryffindor.
Katala is offline   Reply With Quote