Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Makeup/Eye Contacts Review

Unread 10-04-2011, 12:15 AM   #16
TimS10

Recently i have use MAC 'eyeliner' this is awesome product....
Eye Khol's are soft, smudgy type pencils that 'melt' into the skin. This can be a good thing if you want a soft, smudged look. They are, as you mentioned, tested for the waterline. They can be used on the lash line and inside waterline.

Power Point Pencils are water resistant eyeliners that have silicones to help them slide on more easlily. Once they 'set' (or dry) they are long wearing. However, they are not tested for the waterline.

Many people look for liners that will be 'waterproof' for the waterline. Unfortunately this is near impossible. For something to be deemed waterproof/resistant it has to be able to dry. Since the mucous membrane on the waterline will always be damp/wet nothing will dry there

Unread 12-01-2011, 02:22 PM   #17
Allygall

I am looking for a review on anything that will cover up good sized scars. I broke my collar-bone a few months back and had to have surgery. I tried some cover up powder on it and it dosnt help at all. The scar about 5 to 7 inches long and maybe 1/2 to 2 inches thick. I am willing to pay anything 10 bucks and under. If nobody knows of anything, i guess i'll just have to be careful about what cosplays i choose Dx Thanks~

Probably Going As:
Miku Matryoshka. 85%
Miku (in a kimono) 100%
Haruhi Suzumiya 95%
Pikachu 0%
Alios Trancy 20%
Haruhi Suzumiya (in a kimono) 100%
L 50%
Mikuo 50%
or something else easy (Or i might not cosplay xD)
~If you have any suggestions for meh cosplay, please PM me~
Allygall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2011, 03:53 PM   #18
MeganKaro

I'm looking for a review for a cosplay where I need to be a more tan color my next con, anyone have any experience with Sally Hansen Airbrush Spray Legs or any of it's related products meant for temporary tanning?
MeganKaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 04:45 PM   #19
tereshkova2001

MeganKaro: I love Lush's tanning lotion (Charlotte Island) because it showers right off and won't dye you orange for weeks. I can write a full review if you like.
tereshkova2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2012, 10:50 PM   #20
Kitsuchi

Has anyone ever bought and used any type of red lenses? For one of my costumes I need to have red eyes, and like to read honest reviews before purchasing something like contacts. Thanks! ^_^

Dragon*Con '12:
Donna Noble (Doctor Who- Run Away Bride)
-95%
Mamma Gkika (Girl Genius) -0%
Poison Ivy (Adam Hughes DC Girls) -98%
Elsa Bloodstone (Next wave) -5%
Granny Goodness (Teen Titans/JLA/etc.) -0%
Sungirl (JLA/Teen Titans) -0%
Bad Horse (Dr. Horrible) -0%

Retired:
Arisa Uotani (Fruits Basket) -AWA '08
Rangiku Matsumoto (Bleach) - AWA '09
Raven (Teen Titans) - Dragon*Con '09
Raven v2.0 (Teen Titans)- Dragon*Con '10 & '11
Roxy Richter (Scott Pilgrim) - Dragon*Con '10
Kitsuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 12:11 AM   #21
novaraven1

Looking for a review of super pinky brand contact lenses in the bright red colour. Is the color more red or more pink? Is the design heavily pixelated? How comfortable are these lenses to wear? How translucent is the red, does it show up brightly with a good defining limbal ring around the outside?

I'm also considering dolley eye brand lenses in red and the Ruby red lenses from pinkyparadise. Info from people who own any of these three lenses would be a big help. Especially if you have some pics.

I owned red lenses in EOS New Adult brand in their red color and found them far too pixelated a design and the red wasn't bright enough to be noticed at a distance when it blended with my dark eyes. They were also a bit drying and needed drops. Like needed them or I couldn't wear them so I ended up tossing them after only a few wears.

I own vampire reds from clearly contacts and some red cat eyes, both of which are awesome but much more expensive than the circle lenses. They also don't have the black limbal ring design I'm looking for. The site is mostly out of stock when I went back looking for angelic lenses in red that do have the brightness and design I need. I'm back to considering the cheaper red circle lens options.

Last edited by novaraven1 : 02-01-2012 at 12:26 AM.
novaraven1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #22
hanakumi

I wanted to ask you guys whether the E.O.S. New Adult Blue circle lens (14.0 mm) are good for a Ciel cosplay? Because on some pictures they look very frightening and really unnatural because of the really intensive color, while on other pictures, they look really amazing. How are the lenses in terms of enlarging?

I've got brown eyes^^

I hope someone can help me ;u;
Thank you so much ♥
hanakumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 01:52 PM   #23
novaraven1

Hope this helps a little: If you are looking for natural, don't get eos new adults. the design is very pixelated up close and they are uncomfortable to wear. I had them in red and threw them out.

For natural lenses I use beaucon vibrant match brand. They are also 14 D lenses so hardly enlarge at all. They also have a 45% water content compared to only 38% in the EOS lenses which makes them way more comfortable for wearing all day. I never need eye drops to wear my vibrant match green lenses and over top of my dark eyes they look really natural.

They have a slight pattern to them and a darkening of the outer edge of the limbal ring but mostly they just provide a semi translucent ring of color tone that lets your own eye pattern show through so they look pretty normal.

My second and probably a better choice for the darker blue colour of Ciel would be the Clearly colors (comfort curve) lenses from coastalcontacts.com/clearlycontacts.com. Their blue and brazen colour is the best dark blue lens I've found that will show up on dark eyes and they are also super comfy lenses you can wear all day. I currently have them in amber ambition and violet venom, and the lighter aquatic allure. They are more expensive than the beaucon lenses and do exactly the same thing with only a slightly different pattern to the lens which is why I mention them second.

Third option is the color max lenses sold on other sites, which also have the same level of color masking although i think they are slightly larger D and definitely more expensive. I don't own any of them to compare but I've heard other cosplayers go to them regularly.

If you do want an enlarging effect for ciel for a more dolley eye look I know a lot of people have found the new princess pinky twilight lenses from pinkyparadise to give a good effect, although personally there is too much inner space around the iris showing blank on them for my liking. There are tons of larger circle lenses out there in blue if you want to keep searching.

Last edited by novaraven1 : 02-03-2012 at 01:58 PM.
novaraven1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #24
Akune-chan

Does anyone know about SOLUTION-LENS.COM?

Their yellow cat eye contacts just look amazing and are classified as GEO. Does that mean that the pupil hole is narrow (like shown in the photo)?
Unread 02-06-2012, 12:32 PM   #25
blackbutterfly

can anyone tell me how the "neo cosmo sunflower aqua" look like?
I found them here:
http://www.honeycolor.com/neo-sunflower-aqua.html

I wondered, if they really are this shiny and if they cover the eye really that good. I couldn't find a review anywhere.
blackbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 08:07 AM   #26
maplelens

Hi! I'm from MapleLens.com and we are going to run a giveaway contest on Facebook tomorrow begins from US PST 00:00. So you guys can take this opportunity to win prize from us
maplelens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 11:19 PM   #27
AmamiHaruka765
Rising idol

How well does fiberwig mascara work compared to false lashes??
AmamiHaruka765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 05:55 PM   #28
Silver-skye

Just wondering if anyone has tried the Splash of Colour 2 brand contact lenses? I'm specifically looking at the "green envy" lenses, but if anyone has tried any of them, I'd love to hear what you think. I've got hazel eyes, so they need to be somewhat opaque to cover up my natural eye colour.
Unread 10-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #29
Clockwork_Ducky
Quack!

Not sure if people are reviewing stuff on request anymore, but I figure ill give it a shot.

Has anyone gotten lenses from http://circlelens.net/toric-lenses.html before? Specifically their toric lenses? I have hazel-brown eyes, and I'm looking for a bright bright blue pair, a pale gray pair, and the black lenses... Any reviews or suggestions for those colors would be appreciated.

If you haven't ordered from that specific link, where have you been able to find toric colored lenses?

Thanks muchly!

Convention Line-Up: BronyCon 2013 - Dragon*Con 2013
Eris (Female Discord, MLP:FiM), Casual Gala Pinkie Pie (MLP:FiM)
The 10th Doctor, blue suit variation (DW), Queen Mab's Party Dress (Dresden Files: Cold Days), Party Pirate Pinke Pie

Clockwork_Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #30
usuyukisou

I'm wondering what anyone has used Techno Medical Co. Ltd.'s "Fairy Queen" line of coloured contacts. The same maker also has "Fairy Princess" and "Fairy Natural" lines.

I'm looking a review of any of the 3 lines, though I am looking at Queen for myself.