Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.27 average.
Unread 11-04-2012, 11:26 PM   #16
usuyukisou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren-no-chi View Post
I dislike Deathnote immensely. I've never been able to get past chapter 5 or so. I just. Can't. Stand. It. (And I seem to be the only person I know that feels like this...)
Well, not for this particular series, but there are tons of other popular (or at least recommended by friends) series that I can't get into. Some of these I have seen/read more of, some less of.

* Haruhi Suzumiya (though I really want to cosplay since I love Noizi Ito)
* Clannad
* Aria
* Hetalia
* Soul Eater
* Hana Yori Dango
* Hana-Kimi
* K-ON! (though I'll admit to enjoying 2 of the ending songs and wanting to cosplay)
* Ao no Exorcist
* Blood+ series

^ This barely even begins to scrape the surface of "things my friends like that I don't".

Unread 11-04-2012, 11:59 PM   #17
Akaya
Wig Addict

I think it's fine to dress up as MLP characters at anime cons. There are always people freaking out about how they shouldn't be allowed since they aren't Japanese or Japan-related, yet have no problem with comic book, Homestuck, and other "American" character cosplays.

Charlotte (PMMM) -Planning-
Merida (Brave) -Planning-
Fem Eleven (Doctor Who) -Planning-
Feferi (Homestuck) -Planning-

Completed Cosplays:
Yuna and Tidus (FFX)
Fem!2P! Russia (Hetalia)
Azusa Miura (Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls)
Haruhi/Yuki Nagato (Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)

Planned Cons:
Utah Comic Con (SLC, Utah)
ToshoCon (SLC, Utah)
Akaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 01:46 AM   #18
Orochimaru86
Snake Master

I hate this whole *Edvard&Bella* saga - Twilight. Have you ever seen vampires without teeth looking like pu***y?! Shining body.... so is he kinda elf or what?! No pls. thanks!
Orochimaru86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 02:30 AM   #19
cosplayconnor

yolo and swag should burn
just saying
cosplayconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 02:56 AM   #20
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochimaru86 View Post
I hate this whole *Edvard&Bella* saga - Twilight. Have you ever seen vampires without teeth looking like pu***y?! Shining body.... so is he kinda elf or what?! No pls. thanks!
I'm with you here. I saw maybe 5-10 minutes of the first movie only because my mother-in-law was watching it and I immediately hated it. The moment I heard the words "sparkly vampire" I was like "No thank you!"

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 04:52 AM   #21
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Quote:
That's an unpopular opinion?

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 04:59 AM   #22
usuyukisou

Quote:
Lol. Outside of junior high, I don't think you'll find anyone who actually DOES like it.

That said... The black/white/red book covers are visually striking.
Unread 11-05-2012, 07:50 AM   #23
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I HATE coffee. Hate, hate, HATE it. It's bad-smelling bitter black water and the taste makes me gag no matter how much crap you put in it. I'm sticking to hot chocolate or ridiculously sweetened tea and I don't care how "immature" I look because I don't want to stick my face into a mug of disgusting bitter shit. And you know what? I'm not much for tea either. All these so-called sweet and fruity herbal teas usually still taste lousy to me.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 07:58 AM   #24
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

A lot of anime is just as bad and generic as any other show from any other country.

Animals don't have emotions, they have instincts.

You like MLP, fine, but seriously, I'm sick of fans needing to mention it at the drop of a hat. Unless the material is directly related to it, shut...up. I don't flip out about pyramid head the second I see a triangle.

Democracy doesn't work, it just works better than other forms of government, and we need to figure out something better.

Breast Cancer has become an advertising tool to take advantage of women. Seriously, don't buy products with the pink ribbon, don't wear pink, just donate STRAIGHT to a breast cancer group.

Mexican food is awful.

Final Fantasy X-2 has fucking awful character design and you have bad taste if you think otherwise.

I'm amazing in bed.

Though as far as I can tell every opinion I voice here is unpopular.

Last edited by Arc_The_Lad : 11-05-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 08:20 AM   #25
D3V1Ls

"A lot of anime is bad..." I don't think anybody would disagree, the statement is also valid for any given subject. Not everything is good, luckely, since this makes you appreciate the good more.

Animals don't have emotions, that is an endless discussion where even scientist are not able to provide a clear response, since it is difficult to studying emotions in nonhuman species. But you can argue that animals are capable of a range of emotions, such as happiness, sadness, empathy, grief, curiosity, anger, anxiety and fear.

MLP... I want to comment on it but every time I try my brain just stops working. But anybody who likes it, I respect(-ish).

Democracy is politics and politics should not be discussed here.

I can not agree or disagree on your last statement, but I do know that I am far more amazing then you can imagine.

2 things I really hate:
People quoting and/or using a subject in an argument/discussion of which they know very little about. If you don't know anything about the subject (e.g. Shakespeare), the studies (Science), don't freaking quote him/her/it because it is popular. The famous one, Darwin (no harm intended to previous poster) "Survival of the fittest"... P. off ignorant wankers.

Carbonated drinks... I hate carbonated drinks!!!! Stop putting carbon dioxide in everything... if I want carbonated orange juice I'll buy a freaking Fanta.
D3V1Ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 09:04 AM   #26
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
A lot of anime is just as bad and generic as any other show from any other country.

Animals don't have emotions, they have instincts.

You like MLP, fine, but seriously, I'm sick of fans needing to mention it at the drop of a hat. Unless the material is directly related to it, shut...up. I don't flip out about pyramid head the second I see a triangle.

Democracy doesn't work, it just works better than other forms of government, and we need to figure out something better.

Breast Cancer has become an advertising tool to take advantage of women. Seriously, don't buy products with the pink ribbon, don't wear pink, just donate STRAIGHT to a breast cancer group.

Mexican food is awful.

Final Fantasy X-2 has fucking awful character design and you have bad taste if you think otherwise.

I'm amazing in bed.

Though as far as I can tell every opinion I voice here is unpopular.
Out of 80's anime you had maybe a small handfull of really good stuff. It's just another art style of cartooning, not the magical Japanese Jesus Juice of life.

I really dislike the Susan G Komen foundation for multiple reasons and fully agree that we have actual ways of helping donate to breast cancer research and cures. October was also domestic violence awareness month but you heard nothing about it because of the 'pink syndrome' that infected every business all over the goddamn country. Susan G Komen has succeeded in sexualizing breast cancer and making it just so fucking kawaii.

Mexican food is acceptable only in the form of chimichangas or tacos. Everything else tastes like butt. I once had dinner with my dad and step mom from Mexico City and what I originally thought was ice cream with chocolate sauce on it when I saw it in the serving dishes but turned out to be some kind of meat.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 09:09 AM   #27
ILTFD

-The first generation of pokémon, and the games that came with it, is vastly overrated ; the series got a lot better since.

-I think that the tenth doctor is the worst doctor of all time. And the third is my least favorite of classic ones.

-I think FFVII is overrated, and the sixth is vastly superior. (But I understand why the seventh is so popular)

-I think that Naruto is a terrible anime.

And that's just a few things that crossed my mind x).
ILTFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 09:24 AM   #28
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3V1Ls View Post
Animals don't have emotions, that is an endless discussion where even scientist are not able to provide a clear response, since it is difficult to studying emotions in nonhuman species. But you can argue that animals are capable of a range of emotions, such as happiness, sadness, empathy, grief, curiosity, anger, anxiety and fear.
Yes, they do show something like that, but until a dog just outright says "I love you master", I'm not convinced. It's like a human baby, parents love their baby, but I doubt the baby loves them, it's not possible, it doesn't understand what it is, but a baby can be scared, happy, etc.

Also, first generation Pokemon was simple, I didn't have to worry about stupid shit like IVs, EVs, STABs and any other bullshit that competitive play did to ruin the series.

Edit - It's also VIABLE to actually "catch them all" because I only have to get 150 of them.

Last edited by Arc_The_Lad : 11-05-2012 at 09:28 AM.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #29
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Rainbow Dash is a horrible character.

Yup.
This is not unpopular this is completely a legitimate opinion =P
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 09:40 AM   #30
EvilLittleKiss
Profound Historical Youth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-and-Chips-Yum View Post
Thank you! Someone else who agrees for once. XD TBH, I find RD to be like the popular girls in high school who are way too full of themselves...except with less miniskirts and fake tans.

Oh, while I'm on the subject, I hate the CMC. ._. ESPECIALLY Scootaloo. Scootaloo is a toned down occultist. Or an anime fangirl. Same thing, really.
To me Pinkie Pie's the worst. And Sweetiebelle is a useless character.
Anna Cornonation Dress -- Frozen
Vader Eloha/The Queen -- OFF

My favorite cosplays:
Brittnay Matthews -- MPGiS
Mom Lalonde -- Homestuck
Princess Kenny -- South Park

Tumblr: http://justacrazedfangirl.tumblr.com/
EvilLittleKiss is offline   Reply With Quote