Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 272 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 08-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #3691
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsuxmasa View Post
I've heard that doing upper body workouts that are suppose to tighten the muscles on your chest, leads to having smaller breasts. Is this true??
I believe the only way that your breasts would get smaller in doing that is because you're exercising and your body is using excess fat stored there. My sister used to run cross-country in HS and would loose a cup size each year. Unfortunately for her it was a case of two steps forward, one step back, size wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookathere View Post
No, I'm afraid there is no way outside of surgery to shrink your breasts' size. There are no muscles in the breasts, ergo there is nothing in them to tighten.

However, working your pectorals does give your breasts better support and "perk".
Maybe I should start doing some of those exercises. That's something my hubby would definitely like.

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-18-2012, 06:57 PM   #3692
Akune-chan

Okay guys

So recently I found out that I am a 36A (which is a relief to me since I thought that I was a B cup) and I was looking into getting a Compression Tank/Shirt from Underworks. [Preferably the Style 594 Muscle one so it can keep my stomach flat as well.]

I measured my bust size (40in with breasts included) and then measured underneath (33in) like the way to figure out what size to get says to do. I added them together (40+33=73) and then found the average (36.5in).

Now my problem is this.
For the Style 594 Muscle the small size goes from a chest 32-35in and then the medium size goes from 36-39in. I am not really sure if the medium size one would be a bit too big since I am at the start of a medium and the end of the small.

Are there any females out there with my cup size that got the Compression Body T? What size did you girls get them in? What size would probably work best for me? I truly do not wish to waste money for the product to stretch or hurt me. :[

Thank you for your help!
Unread 08-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #3693
mrsmichaelis
Dovahkiin

Unhappy

I tried pretty much everything I can think of and a lot on your list but I can't get any smaller than an A which is annoying because they're clearly visible > I still live with parents, and they do NOT agree with me binding and crossplay, so I can't buy anything :c

Can anyone help? I'd love to be able to have an open shirt for my next cosplay but I'm willing to sacrifice this just to go flat >:l

Can anyone help?

FOR SKYRIM!
mrsmichaelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #3694
KuruttaKanashii
Tempest in a Teapot

I have a 32D chest and I want to get an Underworks binder. The problem, though, is that I'm very petite-only five three- and skinny, so I'm worried that the length of the 997 which allows you to tuck it in would just be too long for me and end up creating a doughnut of cloth around my hips. Should I get that one or go with the Tri-Top?

For cosplay photos and selfies please visit my tumblr
KuruttaKanashii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #3695
winterfell

Hey, new here and I'm curious about binding. I'd rather make sure to do it right before I hurt myself.

I'm 40DD (I feel defeated already lol) and have been looking into this site as well a this style.

http://www.t-kingdom.com/shopping/en..._english.shtml

The faqs recommended this one for larger breasts size. Mostly I came here to get a second opinion on whether this will be good enough to keep my size down without looking too awkward. Thanks in advance for any advice!
winterfell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 07:20 PM   #3696
HatsuneMikuFan1

I have a 36c chest and I will be cosplaying ciel phantomhive next year. it is my first time crossplaying. Can anyone help me?
HatsuneMikuFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 05:42 AM   #3697
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuruttaKanashii View Post
I have a 32D chest and I want to get an Underworks binder. The problem, though, is that I'm very petite-only five three- and skinny, so I'm worried that the length of the 997 which allows you to tuck it in would just be too long for me and end up creating a doughnut of cloth around my hips. Should I get that one or go with the Tri-Top?
I'm curious about how long the 997 is too-- I'm a couple inches taller than KuruttaKanashii, but for Link I'll be wearing a tunic that isn't terribly long.

For those of you that own it, how far does the 997 come down on you? Somewhere around your waist, or hips?
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 18% (Sewing) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 03:44 AM   #3698
remuke
trash dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatsuneMikuFan1 View Post
I have a 36c chest and I will be cosplaying ciel phantomhive next year. it is my first time crossplaying. Can anyone help me?
I've got the same bust size, and so far the only thing that's really worked for me (that I could afford, anyway) was one of those Spanx shirts. It didn't get me completely flat, but I was wearing a jacket (cosplaying Simon from Gurren Lagann) that I tailored a bit big and was able to...erm. Shift the boobs around, so that they gave the desired impression. For all anyone knew, I was a Simon with impressive pecs :>

I'm still looking into other options re: what's affordable or not, but the Spanx shirt cost me $25 and actually didn't look too bad when I cosplayed as Tiger from Tiger&Bunny. I surprised at least a couple of people when they found out I was a girl!
remuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2012, 07:04 AM   #3699
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatsuneMikuFan1 View Post
I'm the same size and I use the Tri-Top really successfully. Granted, it isn't cheap, but it is so worth it.

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #3700
jessamacookie
Superhero for hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterfell View Post
Hey, new here and I'm curious about binding. I'd rather make sure to do it right before I hurt myself.

I'm 40DD (I feel defeated already lol) and have been looking into this site as well a this style.

http://www.t-kingdom.com/shopping/en..._english.shtml

The faqs recommended this one for larger breasts size. Mostly I came here to get a second opinion on whether this will be good enough to keep my size down without looking too awkward. Thanks in advance for any advice!
Hey!
I'm a 32DD and I got this one from T-kingdom (http://www.t-kingdom.com/shopping/en..._english.shtml) to see how it would work. I would have gone for the one you linked but I didn't want the zip at the front.

Overall it works pretty well It flattened me out (all be it with this much up there I still had a bit of a bulge) and was really comfortable. I wore it for 2 days for about 6-8 hours and never once felt like I was being pinched, squashed or aching. It freaked my boyfriend out when I walked out and lost a few sizes!
I realised after the weekend that with a bit of moving around I could move my boobs lower down in the binder to make them feel less like they're almost at my shoulders which made them look better. It's all about making ti fit with your body shape and what feels comfy.

So from my experience I would recommend trying something from them if you want something more affordable than other places.
jessamacookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #3701
sunflowercandy
SMAAAASH!!

Hey I have a question sorry if it' been asked before but I'm looking for a shirt binder, I've been crossplaying for about 3 years now and as much as I love the sports bra and bandage wrap way, I want to invest in a binding shirt instead and I found this site for binders http://www.t-kingdom.com/ I just wanted to know if it's any good and if you guys would recommend anything, thank you in advance c:

Theme: Dangan Ronpa

Ishimaru Kiyotaka - 0%
Mondo Oowada - 0%
Ishida - 0%
sunflowercandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 11:59 PM   #3702
SirenaBlack
They're eating my people!

Some people love T Kingdom. I think that's what the Parle Productions people (or at least Kelly Jane) use. But I also hear that Underworks is just as good, but much less expensive.
Going to ALA, Gallifrey One, and SPN Vegas Con
SirenaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2012, 11:22 AM   #3703
jessamacookie
Superhero for hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflowercandy View Post
Hey I have a question sorry if it' been asked before but I'm looking for a shirt binder, I've been crossplaying for about 3 years now and as much as I love the sports bra and bandage wrap way, I want to invest in a binding shirt instead and I found this site for binders http://www.t-kingdom.com/ I just wanted to know if it's any good and if you guys would recommend anything, thank you in advance c:
I've bought something from T-kingdom and have had a positive experience with it (my post is above yours).

underworks is another name I found while researching for a chest binder and plan to try them out next. i quickly checked each site and the binder I bought and a tank top one from underworks are similar price so it depends on if you want to save pennys (the shipping might be a clincher i guess) or what kind of binder you're after e.g. full chest, tank top, sports bra style, etc.

Current Project: Fai & Kurogane from Tsubasa
Past outfits: Neku (TWEWY), Grell (Kuroshitsuji), Matt (Digimon), Miyavi, Aoi (the GazettE)
Dream outfit: Zato1 or Testament from Guilty Gear
jessamacookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 11:34 AM   #3704
kitdesertoffate

Im new to this site and heard good things! So I hope to get great advice from you guys. So I am 36D and was wondering on how to bind This will be my first official crossplay. I'm going to be Ittoki Otoya. =D I have researched and what seems to work pretty well are binder shirts for girls who are on the bigger side in the chest area. I know T-kingdom and underworks sell them. Are they reliable?
kitdesertoffate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 03:50 AM   #3705
SirenaBlack
They're eating my people!

Yes, Underworks is very reliable. I recommend them.
Going to ALA, Gallifrey One, and SPN Vegas Con
SirenaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote