Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 11-05-2012, 07:58 PM   #1
PlayerOne
TheBlackLuffy

Most Awkward Moment Ever

What was the most Awkward Moment at a Con for you?

I'd have to say when I first went to a Con and I went as Luffy. A Random Hancock walked up to me and wisphered in my ear "My Room Number is 590, I'll leave it unlocked" and gave me a light kiss on the cheek.

I had no idea how to react at the moment. As I was trying to piece together what just happened...I chose "LET ME GO UP THERE"..but just as I made my choice. I had noticed I had forgot the room number COMPLETELY! I couldn't find the Hancock the entire time durning the Con.

It was extremely awkward in the heat of the moment.

-----
Second

-----

This recently happened. Me and my Friend were Cosplaying as Mario and Luigi and went to get some Mcdonalds in the Food Court that was built into the same building the Con was being held at. We sat down and began eating and a random old man came up to us.

He wasn't in a Cosplay...just an old Homeless Man.

He then started a random conversation with Me and asked who I was dressed at. Me and my friend both said symotantiously "THE MARIO BROTHERS!"

He pretended to know who the heck that was! Which I found funny..

We both then looked at each other with a "This is extremely creepy and awkward we should leave".

I excused us both saying we had buisness to attend to very politely in hope of not getting stabbed when he then said "Oh Okay...Hey...Can I have your cup? I can use that to get something to drink.."

I gave of my BEST Poker face, handed him the half empty Mcdonalds Cup and he instantly drank it. Me and my friend both got up slowly, pushed are chairs in..and walked away slowly, then sped up to a fast walk, then began sprinting to a higher level and hid inside a panel.

BY FAR the most awkward moment ever in a Con. XD
PlayerOne is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-05-2012, 08:03 PM   #2
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

The most awkward moment I ever had was actually shopping and not at a con. I was buying fabric for my Rarity dress, and since Rarity is primarily white, all my fabric was white. So as I'm waiting in line to get my fabric cut, me and this lady start talking and and I mentioned that I was going to make a bustle for my dress. And then she says, "Oh, because you're getting married?"

I kind of wish I could've seen the look on my own face. I'm pretty sure it was all like "GUFAAAWWWWHAAAA?" As soon as I put the connection between my fabric and her statement I was all like, "Oh... OH! No, no, this is for a costume!" And I had to explain cosplay.

I'm sure it was a very awkward situation for both me and her. ^^;
Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) - 15%
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 08:35 PM   #3
PlayerOne
TheBlackLuffy

@Reily

OH MAN! I'd probably react the exact same way! Lol some one assuming marriage off the bat! Hahaha!
Unread 11-05-2012, 08:46 PM   #4
nintendo424
Gamer

I would be surprised if anyone did something to the degree of what happened to you in your first example, OP.

For me, at the two conventions I've done a shirtless Kamina, I've had people say "Hey, nice nipples." Now that's not that bad per se, but it was just awkward for me.
nintendo424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 09:09 PM   #5
AlbinoShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reily96 View Post
So as I'm waiting in line to get my fabric cut, me and this lady start talking and and I mentioned that I was going to make a bustle for my dress. And then she says, "Oh, because you're getting married?"
This happened to me at Joann's when I went to get some white fabric cut for Seth Nightroad. I look young enough that at least she didn't assume it was for my wedding dress, but still! It was an embarrassing moment for both of us.

My most awkward moment at a con was when someone mistook my Fujimoto cosplay for a Grell cosplay. In that person's defense, the characters look quite similar when I wear Fujimoto's read cloak and I was also wearing a grey vest to keep my ascot in place.
AlbinoShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #6
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

I'm not sure if this was more awkward for me or her but....when I was crossplaying Queen Victoria, a Madam Red cosplayer came up to me and we chatted for a while...the look on her face when she found out I was crossplaying was...fantastic to say the least.

Uhm...it's that or the time some drunk guy kept flirting with me when I was Mello.
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 09:23 PM   #7
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Back at a local cosplay day in my city a couple weeks ago, we were hanging out in front of the fountain (which was our "meet up here" spot), and this guy came up to me, just kinda shuffled up with this big weird grin on his face, says hi, shakes my hand, says "My name is ____, I was I nthe special olympics", says he's a runner, shows me his jacket... well obviously I want to be polite and I say cool, good for you, I wish I could run... but then he kind of wouldn't leave and didn't seem to be aware it was sort of a conversation (as in, anything I said after one question seemed to be totally ignored). He repeated himself several times, THEN when he left me, he went to EVERY OTHER COSPLAYER THERE (there were eight of us) and did the same thing. And then kept hanging around. We kind of had to hurriedly leave and go to another park.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 11-05-2012 at 09:25 PM.
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 09:36 PM   #8
PlayerOne
TheBlackLuffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Back at a local cosplay day in my city a couple weeks ago, we were hanging out in front of the fountain (which was our "meet up here" spot), and this guy came up to me, just kinda shuffled up with this big weird grin on his face, says hi, shakes my hand, says "My name is ____, I was I nthe special olympics", says he's a runner, shows me his jacket... well obviously I want to be polite and I say cool, good for you, I wish I could run... but then he kind of wouldn't leave and didn't seem to be aware it was sort of a conversation (as in, anything I said after one question seemed to be totally ignored). He repeated himself several times, THEN when he left me, he went to EVERY OTHER COSPLAYER THERE (there were eight of us) and did the same thing. And then kept hanging around. We kind of had to hurriedly leave and go to another park.
Hahaha! Man I would have been weired out to the fullest! I don't mind random encounters..but stuff like that. I'm like...The fuuu? And I try to run...if possible.
Unread 11-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #9
SA2R
King of the Skies

When I meet someone at a con/event that I chatted with online. And there was something major about them that I didn't expect.
The first being someone I wanted to room with, thinking they were a girl around my age (My roomies only allow me, and their own bfs) and when I met them in person, the person ended up being well~ a dude...with gender issues... I will never offer up my room again, but the guy was actually really nice! we were lucky.

The second was a girl I ended up getting her # by accident. I texted her thinking she was my gf, and she didn't correct me til much MUCH later =n= Meeting her in person (she somehow knew who I was) was so awkward. She was like:
"It's me your gf!!"
And I was like "no... And for goddness sake don't let my gf hear you." And I once again told her how it was my mistake for messing up the phone numbers.
She followed me around for a good while, and still finds me from time to time still =n= It's awkward city~

Link - Hyrule Warriors
Tomoe - Kamisama kiss
Sebastian - Book of Circus
Snake - Book of Circus
Wen Yang - Dynasty warriors

( ▽ ` )v

SA2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 11:04 PM   #10
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

A couple of weeks ago was the first time I ever got some form of a GLOMP. Though in this case, it was a light hug and all the GLOMPers involved asked first.

Also, going to a con and not a co-worker, but a CUSTOMER recognizes you through your cosplay.

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 11:36 PM   #11
xxChromeSama
Team butler, unite!

Hmm, when I went to Metrocon this year as Kanda Yuu, this Allen Walker cosplayer kept trying to get me to sleep with them... It was awkward when they kept telling everyone that they wanted to be with me and such, only after knowing me for like an hour ;_;

And about a month or so ago, a Lavi cosplayer I had a crush on from Metrcon magically showed up at my local mall when I was cosplaying as Ciel. Anyways, we hung out for a few hours and exchanged phone numbers when they had to leave. Well the awkward part was when I confessed that I had a crush on them, but they turned out to be only 13... I'm 19, so...
xxChromeSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 01:41 AM   #12
ChocoboxDreamer
Master Derper

It usually is awkward when I meet up with people that I met online at cons...
I mean, it's not them or anything like that.. I'm just kinda shy at first and like 'Oh hey, nice to finally meet you! Enjoying the con? Nice, I like your cosplay! You're welcome.' And then the rest of the time is '.....so um....'
Tutankhamun - Eiyuu Senki (0% complete)

The Untold Stories of a Dreamer
Ethereal Whisper Photography
ChocoboxDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 02:01 AM   #13
PokiPi
Friendly Serial Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoboxDreamer View Post
I mean, it's not them or anything like that.. I'm just kinda shy at first and like 'Oh hey, nice to finally meet you! Enjoying the con? Nice, I like your cosplay! You're welcome.' And then the rest of the time is '.....so um....'
Lol. I've never met up (at a con) with people I talked to online before but I would imagine it might be similar to your experiences. But then again, sometimes I click with people really well and we can just talk about anything *Shrugs*

Personally, I can't recall any specific awkward situation but I'm not a big fan of hugging strangers. When I cosplay, people tend to ask for hugs if they like my character and it's always kinda awkward for me LOL.

Last edited by PokiPi : 11-06-2012 at 02:06 AM.
PokiPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 09:22 AM   #14
Libis

This past weekend I was crossplaying Vergil from Devil May Cry. All went well and good until 6 hours went by and my makeup wore off (making me suddenly look like a girl again...) This guy started following us around and telling my boyfriend that he could beat him in a fight and "win" me. :/ Because, you know, I'm totally an object to be won and wouldn't completely just call the police and con security on him if he assaulted my boyfriend of seven years. He got close to us getting him kicked out, though, eventually coming up behind my boyfriend and holding his little prop knife to his neck.

Last edited by Libis : 11-06-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Libis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #15
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoboxDreamer View Post
This is me. Inwardly I'm happy to meet people I have talked to online but outwardly I'm such an awkward turtle.

As for awkward moments, the only one I can think of is when a girl hugged me at Animenext 2011 and wouldn't let go for a good 30 seconds. ._.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote