Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.88 average.
Unread 04-14-2012, 12:31 AM   #16
Herahluv

oh noes

this makes me very anxious/upset right now. I ordered 3 costumes from this site in Feb. While one did show up and I have no big issues with it, the other 2 still haven't come. Now that I see people have had problems getting things from them at ALL, I'm getting super nervous. I told them all costumes are due by apr 16th, which is monday...and they havent responded on those at all. It's been 8 weeks now, 3 more weeks than promised. I called, no answer, voice mail full. I must not be the only one in panic mode. I emailed 3 days ago...no answer yet, and now its the weekend -__- I hate when I forget to read reviews BEFORE spending the money! I'm going to stalk their phone lines daily because con is approaching fast. I don't wanna learn this lesson the hard way!!! lol I JUST WANT MY COSTUMES
Herahluv is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-06-2012, 01:49 PM   #17
RokanaKatsebaki
Rokana

I ordered a wig from them and it got here quickly.. and really awesome quality. But then I have other friends who have gotten the opposite. I'm debating on buying a cosplay that i really want from them, but I need it by January. I'm very unsure..
RokanaKatsebaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 02:38 PM   #18
Koto Azure

Cosplay House, from what I understand.. Is VERY hit or miss. Their outfits tend to be rather good quality.. but their props and accessories? Totally suck.

I had ordered a helmet from Gundam, Char Aznable's to be exact.. I was deceived by the images they had up, and thought I was paying for a great piece of work! Of course, for the expensive price, I had imagined it would be at least decent.

But no. It was a plastic bowl. With cardboard and fun foam. I'm sorry.. but for a 250$ helmet, this is rather... Unacceptable. Heck, even the paint job was horrible! The paint was chipping everywhere! Oh, yes. And it was also impossible to wear.

Now, normally they state that there are no returns on props or costume made items. Which is.. just about everything they sell. However, they were generous enough to refund me, after I paid to ship the monstrosity back. So I only lost about 30$, instead of over 200...

I know some of their stuff can be decent, and even good.. But after that debacle, I would never, EVER recommend them. I would much rather trust a complete stranger on this forum to make me something, then that website.

So yeah, that's my experience with them!
Koto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #19
tashdash

I ordered a set of knives and holster harness, after I emailed the Cosplayhouse customer service and they confirmed that indeed both pieces were included just like in the photo.
I ordered that same day.

Just a couple weeks later I received the knives, but no holster and harness.

They don't respond to any email now at any contact address, and the phone just goes to voicemail.

I just want to confirm whether or not they are screwing me out of the holster so I can make it myself, guess that will be happening now.
tashdash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 08:50 PM   #20
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Honestly, I will never order from them again..Back in early 2011, I ordered their Cloud Strife Advent Children shoulder amor thing. It not only was crap, but it was too small for a male to wear....
Which doesn't make sense seeing as CLOUD IS A MALE!!

I ordered it because it looked close enough and I hadn't seen another one that was good till afterward..
It took a while to get a reply from them..

The wolf head of the armor was just glued on (I think it was like normal superglue, which doesn't do much to metal on plastic), and the armor was just a chunck of plastic..SUPER CHEAP EASILY BREAKABLE PLASTIC!!
Around the wolf head, there was TONS of glue just splattered around it..Also there was a lot of glue pieces as if the glue dripped from the bottle and landed on the armor..They didn't even care enough about the customer to CLEAN IT OFF!!

After they emailed me back, they said they will give a refund but only partial because they take a 15% restock fee. I actually called them SCREAMING that they can not make me pay a fee when they clearly can not do their job and if they take a fee I would make a paypal claim and force them to give me a full refund..Needless to say I got all the money back ^_^

Terrible place..Just....No..
-Nora (RWBY)
-Stocking (Panty & Stocking)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)

Dream Cosplays:
-Append Rin Kagamine (Vocaloid)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
-Tsuruya (Haruhi Suzumiya)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #21
devilmaycry4you

Review: Cosplay House

So, as I am not one to usually hate on a company because their customer service sucks, I have recently had a horrible run in with Cosplay House. Back in March, I ordered a cosplay from said place. I set the date for march 23rd, to ensure that I had it in time for the convention(which is today). I was ensured that I would have it on time. Well, I still don't have it. And, each time that I have called, I have been dealt some very crappy service.

Never will I order from there again.
devilmaycry4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 03:05 AM   #22
Angelic_Trancy
zombie slayer

this just made me extremely nervous considering i just ordered a cosplay about 4 weeks ago....
~ Young Mikasa - 0%
~ Armin Arlert - 15%

FUTURE CONS
~ikasucon 2014

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Angelic_Trancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 05:47 PM   #23
Nailbunny676

This site is terrible. First they sent me the wrong version of the costume I ordered. They dragged fixing it out for so long I can no longer contest it via paypal. They would send an email asking for more measurements promising they would start it as soonas I sent them. Then they needed pictures before they could start. Then they needed me to pay to ship back the first costume at my own expense before they could start. I finally asked for a refund at this point thinking they'd never finish in time. They refused and said the costume had been started. I finally got the replacement 2 days too late for what it was ordered for, even tho it was ordered more than 2 months in advance. Only the jacket to the costume came with the second one. Not the accessories or hat that were supposed to come with it and were paid for. Totally frustrating nightmare, do not do business with these people.
Nailbunny676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2013, 12:13 AM   #24
Labrys

OH yay not just me

I had ordered a costume from them about 6+ weeks ago, it wasn't a commission, and I needed it for this past weekend. Luckily they seemed to respond to me quicker than most people because on Saturday, the day I was going to wear the costume, I received an email from them saying they had lost my order. Also that in order for them to make it it would take until the beginning of November because of the Halloween rush. Luckily I had a choice I could receive a 5% discount or get a full refund.... needless to say I told them to give me my money back. I am never buying from them again. A 5% discount is pretty insulting to me as a customer, and now that all orders are processed online I find it hard that they can 'lose' an order.
Labrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #25
Joshua Masters

I can't speak for everyone else's experiences but...

I was extremely nervous about ordering from Cosplayhouse.com because of...well many reviews like the ones below, however given their price versus pretty much everyone else's I decided to give them a shot and I have to admit I am very happy with not only the finished product but also their awesome customer service.

I ordered a commissioned power ranger helmet, this is one that they openly told me they have never attempted before and that the full lead time was very likely, I responded telling them that I had no rush and to take their time because I would rather wait a little longer and be satisfied then bat the crap out of them trying to rush them just to get a sub-par product. I ordered my helmet late September and received it on Halloween. Granted it isn't show accurate it is still an amazing piece of work and for this being their first outing (making me the guinea pig) I am very pleased.

Now there is no utopia and nothing is perfect (and if you expect perfection from anything you will always be disappointed) I discovered some minor cracks in the helmet. I notified cosplayhouse and they apologized walked me through how to fix it and refunded me $44 which means I got a custom power ranger helmet for $205 and that is not bad.

I will 100% recommend them to people and I am ordering several more things from them following the Christmas holiday myself.

I hope that this is helpful to people and honestly you are going to be hard pressed to find a better product at a better price.
Joshua Masters is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 04:29 PM   #26
mystique316

Angry Cosplay House Review

I purchased a Red Ranger Costume from them. In customer notes, was very specific about size the belt needed to be. and they got it wrong. We all know you can't wear a power ranger costume without a belt without looking like an idiot. I contacted them immediately, they said they would rush a replacement. Its been a month. Halloween has come and gone. They say it's still in "production" Its a piece of material. No seems. that's it. How long does that take to cut out and put in the mail. Also received a premade helmet. It doesn't fit. Not due to I have a large head. But because the dimensions they use are all screwed up. The helmet is wider ear to ear than it is, front to back. The human head isn't shaped that way... And even though this wasn't made to order for me, they still refuse to return the shitty quality item. (BTW there are spaces where the helmet connects, and item obviously looks spray painted, AS WELL as the visor is tilted to the left. It looks crooked all together.) I am now getting bitchy emails telling me to prove the length of the belt is wrong. Nothing but bad from this company. And looking at some reviews, I definitely should have searched for reviews before purchasing. I will never purchase from this company again.
mystique316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2014, 09:54 PM   #27
Ritsuka001

Exclamation I hope mine isnt bad...

Now I'm really nervous, as I recently ordered a wig of Echo from Pandora Hearts from them, hoping it gets here on time for Animarathon, my first convention. I am going to be absolutely devastated if it doesn't arrive/look good... I'll tell you guys how it is when it gets here.
Also, reading the reviews... It looks like CosplayHouse does the same thing Milanoo does, has their people go online and say good things about them, which is why 1 in 5 reviews is 5 stars.
I lied. If they keep me from this because they didnt do their job, I will be beyond angry. If i have to, I will dye and cut my hair to fit the costume, although I don't want white hair. *crosses fingers* I really hope it comes on time
Unread 02-12-2014, 11:45 PM   #28
Skyefrost
Not Always Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritsuka001 View Post
Now I'm really nervous, as I recently ordered a wig of Echo from Pandora Hearts from them, hoping it gets here on time for Animarathon, my first convention. I am going to be absolutely devastated if it doesn't arrive/look good... I'll tell you guys how it is when it gets here.
Also, reading the reviews... It looks like CosplayHouse does the same thing Milanoo does, has their people go online and say good things about them, which is why 1 in 5 reviews is 5 stars.
I lied. If they keep me from this because they didnt do their job, I will be beyond angry. If i have to, I will dye and cut my hair to fit the costume, although I don't want white hair. *crosses fingers* I really hope it comes on time
wigs don't seem be bad for cosplayhouse so I think your chances for you getting it good is ok. but I'm going to say if your con is at feb/March/april chance are you are not going to receive it on time due to the chienses new year. (they put all their production on hold on feb, so the cosplay ordered b4 would be priority.)
Skyefrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2014, 10:44 AM   #29
Annaroo

I ordered a commission from cosplay house around the end of November of 2013 and they sent me my costume in January and they got the whole thing wrong. They made a different costume and then said that their tailor team had gotten confused. So we sent it back and they are working on the (hopefully) right costume. I emailed them about five weeks later and asked them if it were done and they weren't too pleasant with me. I'm afraid I wouldn't recommend cosplay house to anyone.
Annaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2014, 12:53 PM   #30
Annaroo

Yesterday they sent me an email saying that their tailor teams messed up the costume again. I asked for a full refund and got it.

Last edited by Annaroo : 04-02-2014 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Bad grammar
Annaroo is offline   Reply With Quote