Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Sakura Con

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-06-2012, 04:09 PM   #106
protochris
Hope Rides Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroSempai View Post
And yes my buddy did notice the Guitar Hero was badly organized this year due to the location of it.
I love the location (it's been there the last couple of years). I just hate that they don't unlock or purchase any songs to play. Is it so hard to spend $20 for some songs?

Unread 11-07-2012, 01:22 PM   #107
EroSempai
Covered in Cotton Candy

Quote:
Originally Posted by protochris View Post
I love the location (it's been there the last couple of years). I just hate that they don't unlock or purchase any songs to play. Is it so hard to spend $20 for some songs?
She was saying it was so crowded and that was a bit in the way. Can't they do it like Sakura con and away from the main hall? There's enough room if they finally fix the hallways.

Silent: Pah. Sakura Con is not immature to the point where they forget to give powere to the hotel. They were worried about the arcade. I know people that will never vendor again due to the stupidity of the staff. Because this convention is getting big, they need to root out the free teenagers and get official staff that can do their job.

Call me Ero~
ZomBCon 2010 - Volunteer
Emerald City ComiCon 2011 - Minion
Sakura Con 2011 - ID and Pass Booth Staff
ZomBCon 2011 - Horde

EroSempai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 02:09 PM   #108
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

im not sure if it was a rule or not but someone told me i could not be shritles at con, even though it was key tell of my cosplay.

i notice the fact that it was the same songs over and over for gutiar hero as someone who is pretty savy with music i have to say i lost intrest in a few songs this con.

on the panels; can someone for the love of all that is good, can someone do a panel that is not about hetilia?! i mean seriously mostly every panel the whole con was related to that.

id gladly staff at aki con if i could get out to the meetings.

although i liked the new spot for the dealers hall it had way more space and fit the artist alley in with it.

in closing i have to say i just wish i had a chance to take pics with the other pokemon cosplayers, i was the only one who showed up at the photoshoot. although most of the pokemon cosplayers did not show up till later in the con.
Unread 11-16-2012, 03:07 PM   #109
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroki-neko View Post
im not sure if it was a rule or not but someone told me i could not be shritles at con, even though it was key tell of my cosplay.

i notice the fact that it was the same songs over and over for gutiar hero as someone who is pretty savy with music i have to say i lost intrest in a few songs this con.

on the panels; can someone for the love of all that is good, can someone do a panel that is not about hetilia?! i mean seriously mostly every panel the whole con was related to that.

id gladly staff at aki con if i could get out to the meetings.

although i liked the new spot for the dealers hall it had way more space and fit the artist alley in with it.

in closing i have to say i just wish i had a chance to take pics with the other pokemon cosplayers, i was the only one who showed up at the photoshoot. although most of the pokemon cosplayers did not show up till later in the con.
I know most cons allow it..Which was why, when you told me, I looked confused..I mean, I've looked at all the cons in Wa sites and they all say the least ammount of closes has to cover the full butt and the you know what. Like basically, swim trunks at the least..Which is why it confused the hell outta me..

On the guitar hero..Blame the people playing..There ARE more then one song to pick..I mean sure, you will eventually get through all the songs at least 4 times, but everyone kept picking the same like 2 or 3 songs..It was "Queen" and "Eroupe" and one other that I didn't know over and over and over..Kinda annoying..

Weren't there like 3 or 4 Hetalia ones? Was one not enough?

Don't feel left out at the shoot..The photo shoots were run so badly..My gathering got overrun with Marvel cosplayers who decided "Oh, boy. Another gathering? NOW is the best time to have all of us go in and get our pics taken so they cvant. hurr hurr hurr!!" I mean, seriously? We have a fucking time slot. ONLY LET US IN!! Watch the damn door and if there is a huge group of other cosplayers don't let them in..That simple..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Alice (Hearts no Kuni no Alice)
-Black&Blue Loli-style Dark Magical Girl O.C.
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)

Dream cosplays for now:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 08:15 PM   #110
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
Don't feel left out at the shoot..The photo shoots were run so badly..My gathering got overrun with Marvel cosplayers who decided "Oh, boy. Another gathering? NOW is the best time to have all of us go in and get our pics taken so they cvant. hurr hurr hurr!!" I mean, seriously? We have a fucking time slot. ONLY LET US IN!! Watch the damn door and if there is a huge group of other cosplayers don't let them in..That simple..
I remember last year on the forums one of the forum mods was explaining that the series/games listed at specific times in the Cosplay Hall were more like suggestions instead of absolute "only this series only at this time". All cosplayers are allowed to use the Cosplay Room when they want, regardless of what's listed in the schedule. This was their solution to a lot of series not having a timeslot or a super popular series getting stuck with a super crap timeslot. I'd look up that post for you, but well...
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 08:34 PM   #111
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Really? I don't even see a point in scheduling them then..that seems like a huge waste of time and effort..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Alice (Hearts no Kuni no Alice)
-Black&Blue Loli-style Dark Magical Girl O.C.
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)

Dream cosplays for now:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 08:51 PM   #112
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

I think it's advantageous for them to put suggested Cosplay Hall gatherings in the schedule because Aki-Con is so small that not many people use the forums and not every fandom is going to have a super motivated organizer to try and run a gathering. And if they did, who would go around organizing all the scheduled photoshoots? Aki-Con is more about spontaneity and having fun hanging out with friends in cosplay than having a ton of flawless programming.

I think it would be good if they clarified their "these are just suggested times for gatherings" stance more publicly, though.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote