Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Canada Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-24-2012, 09:57 AM   #181
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

I can always splice with epoxy clay as I plan to repaint the bones anyways to look aged. I just didn't want to order the skeleton and not be able to use it. >_< Plus I need brakes/cracks in the rib cage anyway to be able to into this costume. I hopping it will be mostly ok as a guys rib case is larger then a woman's but default.

I'll probably ok with a sport bra instead of my compression shirt.
the spinal column will have to be velcroed into place as well to hide the zipper. lol

Anime North '15
Souryuu / Sohryu - Yami no Matsuei (Fri)
Nehelenia ~ Sailor Moon (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!

Last edited by WARPAINTandUnicorns : 11-05-2012 at 01:30 PM.
WARPAINTandUnicorns is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #182
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

Err I don't think I'll ever do a mermaid as I look awful in a form fitted skirts or pencil skits ... Not happy with that look. lol Well my leg are too short which is why it look wrong as I have a long torso. Which is another reason I like full skirts and pans the lengthen me out. lol

That sad I still want to work with a skeleton costume. O_O

Also I'm 99% sure this costume will be made for either the fantasy or Historical category. It Regina's signature dress.
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/phot...78-500-667.jpg
But I'm tearing my hair out trying to find the base fabric of the dress.

Anime North '15

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
Unread 11-06-2012, 04:08 PM   #183
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

Keep in mind that the finished product doesn't have to be a mermaid. You just have to use the pattern in some way, and have the judges be able to tell you used the pattern. ;D

The International Costuming Convention is returning to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Shopping, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #184
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

Hmmmm fish tail skirt. The pattern so simple I think that would work and keep the basic shape of the costume. I;m think going all Día de los Muertos sea side on this pattern now.

Anime North '15

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale

Last edited by WARPAINTandUnicorns : 11-06-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Unread 11-06-2012, 08:35 PM   #185
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post

Also ran into a snag as I'm a big boned female. :S Need a sounding board on this.
For the Single pattern costume.
http://www.costumecon32.com/singlepattern.html

I was thinking of taking one the Mermaid Costume and do a zombie/day of the dead mermaid with a skeleton torso. Problem is I don't think and pre-made skeletons work for me. T-T
http://www.skeleton-factory.com/Buck...thout-stand-10
http://www.skeleton-factory.com/Buck...th-Quality-163

It's not so much the height (I'm 5'8") but the circumference of the rib cage I'm worried about. my plan is the cut down the inside of the bones to 3/4 (and split the neck pieces in half) to sew down to a black body suit so that they are raise but still flushed to the body.

Bucky Skeletons tend to be quite heavy. (Trust me I can now safely say I've moved hundreds of them!). The idea itself is really cool. You'll need to use a hacksaw or something similar to cleanly cut one up.

Now might be the time to research some options with all the post Hallowe'en sales! Good Luck! I look forward to seeing your project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcasm-hime View Post
Keep in mind that the finished product doesn't have to be a mermaid. You just have to use the pattern in some way, and have the judges be able to tell you used the pattern. ;D
100% TRUE! Thank you for mentioning this!

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
Get your membership today!
www.costumecon32.com
Kaijugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2012, 09:24 AM   #186
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

Dremal dics cutting and rotary drill knives for the win!

Yes I check some of the cheap option locally but they the where pretty small adults at 5" tall and fine boned. It was weird taking chest measurement on a skeleton in store. It did sell out though at Spirits Halloween.

Also Kaijugal where did your crew get your Bucky skeletons?

Anime North '15

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale

Last edited by WARPAINTandUnicorns : 11-13-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Unread 11-23-2012, 04:33 PM   #187
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

We just launched our brand-new spiffy site, and to go with it we have a Holiday Rollback Sale!

Until January 1, the registration price is only $50!! It goes back up to $85 in the new year, so don't miss this chance!

4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Shopping, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

Unread 11-24-2012, 03:14 AM   #188
jukebox
role models > supermodels

That's amazing! I'm gonna have to remember to take advantage of that deal, it's fantastic.

The new website looks gorgeous, too! I've been really nervous about whether the costume plans I had for this convention would actually be suitable (as in, fit into the guidelines and categories) for any of the competitions, and reading over the rules now it's very clear and accessible language. Though, I still haven't decided whether I want to do the Sci-Fi/Fantasy Masquerade or just let myself take it easy and Hall it. I get way too fidgety in green rooms, but I also have a really cool presentation idea in mind, so I still dunno!

I'm honestly getting super-weirded out by the fact that I'm planning for a convention this far in advance, too. I'm still a student, so honestly, the idea of planning out my life more than a few months in advance boggles my little mind.

PROFILES
GEEKPR0N | Twitter | deviantArt
jukebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 03:47 AM   #189
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Quote:

Also Kaijugal where did your crew get your Bucky skeletons?
There are many places to get them. Did you need a whole skeleton or just some pieces? I might be able to get you pieces cheaper than the whole skeleton. I happen to know someone that has a whole room full of skeleton pieces stacked to my shoulders. (I kid you not. Sarcasm-Hime and Trixy can verify). XD

Later in the week when I'm not slammed with stuff I'll check back on this thread with a list of sources.

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
Get your membership today!
www.costumecon32.com
Kaijugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #190
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

Just the torso arms mostly no need for the head and hips. I'm debating on legs. I'm thinking of converting the mermaid into a one piece flamenco dress with a low back show the ribs and spine to go with the Day of the Dead feeling.

Anime North '15

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale

Last edited by WARPAINTandUnicorns : 11-28-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Unread 11-27-2012, 11:43 PM   #191
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

Quote:
Just the torso arms mostly no need for the head and hips. I'm debating on legs. I'm thinking go concerting the mermaid into a one piece flamenco dress with a low back show the ribs and spine to go with the Day of the Dead feeling.
Aw that sounds awesome

Unread 12-02-2012, 10:36 AM   #192
Yavarice
Skymoose

Finally got around to registering myself XD

As far as costumes go I hardly have any idea what I'm going to do next con let alone something more than a year away LOL
(Though if you were a betting person, I'd put money on pokemon)
Yavarice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 11:28 AM   #193
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

Is anyone interested in doing an Adventure Time group for Costume Con? I've become a fan and will probably marathon the series over the Christmas break as I don't get a channel that carries the series.

I want to make the Natasha Allegri Cotton Candy Princess because any excuse to make somthing look like candy it full of awesome in my book. Plus she has blue blush. lol

Anime North '15

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale

Last edited by WARPAINTandUnicorns : 12-06-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Unread 12-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #194
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Does Costume-Con frown upon gijinkas? I plan on making a MLP Princess Luna gijinka for the 2014 con season, and if it's not frowned upon I was hoping to take it to Costume-Con.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 12:16 AM   #195
jukebox
role models > supermodels

So, I actually just budgeted out my project for the SciFi/Fantasy masquerade and OWWWW. Oh god. I'm just gonna ask people to give me craft store and fabric store gift cards as my christmas and birthday gifts. XD I haven't even decided on what I wanna do for the Historical masquerade, even! This con is gonna slay me.

Quote:
Is anyone interested in doing an Adventure Time group for Costume Con? I've become a fan and will probably marathon the series over the Christmas break as I don't get a channel that carries the series.

I want to make the Natasha Allegri Cotton Candy Princess because any excuse to make somthing look like candy it full of awesome in my book. Plus she has blue blush. lol
Actually, I was considering making the Ice Queen! But I won't know what my budget is gonna look like for CC32 until after Anime North 2013 because I've got a pretty ambitious project lined up for then. But If I can get it together, some other Adventure Time people would be fun? :B

PROFILES
GEEKPR0N | Twitter | deviantArt
jukebox is offline   Reply With Quote