Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Mass Effect

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 77 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 08-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #1906
cherimoon
Oh dear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikcy View Post
Hey guys! I was wondering if you could help me out with something on Jack. What can I use to make the circle on her legs/boots? I am noob when it comes to that. Thanks!

Ref. picture: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&se...rence#/d4tjtn1
(please wear this to AN next year~)

I'd use modified jar lids. For the inside, I'd hot glue an outer ring, wait for that to dry, then keep adding rings untill satisfied.
(possible) [Free! Iwatobi Swim Club/Eternal Summer] Gou Matusuoka - 0% Fanexpo Toronto 2014
(Dreaammmm~ ) [.hack//GU] Haseo (xth form) - 0%

cherimoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-02-2012, 03:50 PM   #1907
soren7550
Overly proud New Yorker

Almost done with my casual Shep wear. Just need to finish sewing on the piping on the pants (god I hate sewing on piping!), finish painting on the N7 stripe on the hoodie, and sew the N7 patch on. Should I keep at it, I should be done with it by the end of the week. Then I *really* need to get to work on the other two costumes. -_-'
"A philosopher will ask that if a tree were to fall in a forest, and no one is around to hear it, would it still make a sound. A smart person would ask why the presence of a person determines whether or not a tree makes a sound as it falls." - Soren Alenko

Cosplays for NYCC 2012!:
Commander Shepard (N7 Hoodie) - 95% Completed
Dovahkinn (Novice Robes) - 95% Completed
Ethan/Gold (HeartGold/SoulSilver) - 85% Completed
soren7550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #1908
mikcy
subject zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimoon View Post
(please wear this to AN next year~)

I'd use modified jar lids. For the inside, I'd hot glue an outer ring, wait for that to dry, then keep adding rings untill satisfied.
Maybe! Depends if I want to do the hair again, but we'll see. hahah I still have a bunch of Bioware cosplay planned, so I'll have at least someone from ME/DA. lol

But hey.. thanks for the idea! I'll have to give that a try. =D

cosplays 2013
♫c.viper (street fighter iv) → jack (mass effect 3) → elsa (frozen) → morrigan (dragon age: inquisition) ♫

tumblrfb
mikcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 08:32 AM   #1909
Viverra
Commander

Myself as Commander Shepard

The armor was entirely made by http://www.cosplay.com/member/231132/ who also has an amazing Garrus cosplay, btw.

He has an amazing tutorial on his foam crafting methods here: http://imgur.com/a/qM9mo#0

The gun was by ascensionprops.weebly.com
Viverra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 04:10 PM   #1910
trey.mcd

thats a great foamshep!
trey.mcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2012, 09:38 PM   #1911
soren7550
Overly proud New Yorker

Casual FemShep is pretty much 100% (a bit of the patch isn't sewn on, and the N7 stripe on top of the shoulder is missing because I lost access to the brush I was using). The other two are pretty much the same, and I found out that Rana (the woman that's the model for Samara and Mornith) will be attending NYCC in her Samara cosplay. Super excited!
"A philosopher will ask that if a tree were to fall in a forest, and no one is around to hear it, would it still make a sound. A smart person would ask why the presence of a person determines whether or not a tree makes a sound as it falls." - Soren Alenko

Cosplays for NYCC 2012!:
Unread 10-13-2012, 12:10 AM   #1912
soren7550
Overly proud New Yorker

Ok, didn't spot Rana, but I did see a ME3 Jack, FemShep in her ME2 dress, several people in N7 hoodies, Chris Presley, and got a photo with Holly Conrad (pics when computer is fixed, no idea when that'll be).

Cosplays for NYCC 2012!:
Unread 10-17-2012, 08:35 PM   #1913
soren7550
Overly proud New Yorker

Bamn, photo!:

She was the only one to get why I had a hamster with me.

Cosplays for NYCC 2012!:
Unread 10-18-2012, 10:48 PM   #1914
quiescent
quiess

It feels like I haven't been here in years -- oh wait.
Hah.

Anyways. Nice to see everyone's amazing costumes.

Contemplating a Legion cosplay myself -- may begin the torturously slow process tomorrow.

work in progress --
  • Aveline Vallen (Lothering), Dragon Age II -- %95
    Lionheart (Kelsey Leigh), Marvel Universe -- 0%
    Barry, Gender Bend, Resident Evil - 0%
planned/hopeful con attendance--
  • CCEE, 2013
quiescent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2012, 04:34 PM   #1915
soren7550
Overly proud New Yorker

Happy N7 Day!

Care to share your cosplay photos with BioWare? Head to http://masseffect.bioware.com/community/n7day/ to find out how, and for information on how to win prizes, multiplayer events, and more!

Cosplays for NYCC 2012!:
Unread 11-21-2012, 12:59 AM   #1916
crimsion
Aeris Aquata

I'm actually starting on a Tali cosplay! So far I'm just putting together a pepakura of her ME3 helmet, which I realized too late isn't what I needed for the costume I want to do.
I'm hoping after I get everything put together I can use some paperclay to alter it.
I also drew a template for her feet.
Unread 11-21-2012, 10:27 PM   #1917
jukebox
role models > supermodels

I'm working on a Miranda costume, hopefully it should be done for Anime North 2013. I'm honestly terrified. I have no idea if I'm even skilled enough for it. @____@ I'm working (very slowly) on patterning and protyping right now, so that when I have my Christmas money in, I can just order the fabric and get to the physical sewing work come January.

PROFILES
GEEKPR0N | Twitter | deviantArt
jukebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2012, 03:15 AM   #1918
Coles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jukebox View Post
I'm working on a Miranda costume, hopefully it should be done for Anime North 2013. I'm honestly terrified. I have no idea if I'm even skilled enough for it. @____@ I'm working (very slowly) on patterning and protyping right now, so that when I have my Christmas money in, I can just order the fabric and get to the physical sewing work come January.
That'll be awesome. There's quite a few ME cosplayers in the GTA, so AN13 should be an awesome ME turnout. (hopefully anyways)
Coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 11:35 PM   #1919
jukebox
role models > supermodels

That would be great! I only got into Mass Effect recently (March/April of this year) and I'm still discovering a lot of the really awesome fans and cosplayers around the GTA.

I'm doing her default outfit as it appears in 2 (with the Cerberus logo). Mostly because I decided that I'd rather spend more on fabric (for the custom-printed lycra) than have to rip my hair out trying to do all the orange piping.

My holiday break starts after the end of this week, so I should have time to work on patterns and prototypes through out the month. I realized that I can combine my pattern and mock-up steps into one by building the sewing pattern pieces off of similar garments that already fit the way I'll need the final costume to- so things like leggings, high-collar fiitted tops and long-sleeve shrugs are probably gonna see a lot of dismantling and altering for my pattern/mock-up stages.

I want to try and document as much as possible, too! I'm usually too lazy to do so but I should try this time.

PROFILES
GEEKPR0N | Twitter | deviantArt
jukebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #1920
Freya Willia

Hi everyone!

I've been working on an ME3 FemShep since this summer. It's been a while since I've shared anything on cosplay.com, but I am extensively documenting my build (most of it is with heat-formed styrene), so this may be useful to anyone wanting to make the N7 armor out of an alternative material.

So far I have used styrene, leather, and carbon fiber vinyl for most of what you see there.

I'm also getting to the fun part - painting and weathering

The suit was fabric from SpandexHouse and custom printed with DPI printing using a pattern I made in photoshop.

Coming up over my holiday break will hopefully be a omniblade prototype out of acrylic, a test of the basic suit parts, and more ME prop accessories. Hopefully. Yeah... thats kind of aiming high.
Freya Willia is offline   Reply With Quote