Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 11-08-2012, 05:56 AM   #31
Mikuhoneychan

It's always akward when wigs fall off. Expecially when you're not at a con, and you're cosplaying in public. And someones just like. "Um your hair seems to have fallen off...."

Unread 11-18-2012, 04:52 PM   #32
LasseLundster

I just wanted to say that half of the things that is called awkward sounds like a good saturday out to me!
LasseLundster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 05:20 PM   #33
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Just remembered one DX

This past year at Otakon, I went with my friends. One of my friends had a coworker who is mentally challenged and wanted to meet up with us, which we were fine with. We figured we'd run into him at some point during the day, hang out for a while and go our seperate ways. It was a solid plan...until we went off to get in line for something and my Mom, who was our chauffeur/chaperone for the day and was sitting in the convention center lobby frantically calls me asking if my friend told anyone to met her because he was there. Apparently, my friend's coworker found my mother (we're not sure how because my friend didn't tell him to look for her, nor did she tell him how to recognize her) went up to her, said he was our friend and that he was 27 and that my mom shouldn't arrest him. My mom had no idea who this guy was and it was freaking her out that this random guy was coming up to her telling her not to arrest him.

We still want to know how her coworker recognized my mom.
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 05:30 PM   #34
Wilkoak93

lol
Wilkoak93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 07:35 PM   #35
AnimeAndMusical

Mine is no where near as bad as these, but I was cosplaying Fem!Prussia at my first proper convention and my belt kept breaking, any time I stood with anything less than perfect posture it popped off; the really embarassing part came when it hit someone.
AnimeAndMusical is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #36
CosplayPandah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoboxDreamer View Post
It usually is awkward when I meet up with people that I met online at cons...
I mean, it's not them or anything like that.. I'm just kinda shy at first and like 'Oh hey, nice to finally meet you! Enjoying the con? Nice, I like your cosplay! You're welcome.' And then the rest of the time is '.....so um....'
Haha! I know exactly how you felt! Its happened to me where I'm like "Oh hey! How are you?" and then ten seconds of awkward silence! XD And then, "Ok well nice meeting ya! Bye!"
CosplayPandah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #37
CosplayPandah

Awkward moment was when I was cosplaying at a con and was mistaken as a 12 year old ;w; So awkward when I said, "Sorry I'm not 12! Hehehe It's ok." Person, "Wait then how old are you really?" "17" Person "... Oops"
Unread 11-18-2012, 08:06 PM   #38
CosplayPandah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikuhoneychan View Post
It's always akward when wigs fall off. Expecially when you're not at a con, and you're cosplaying in public. And someones just like. "Um your hair seems to have fallen off...."
I was on the pier as Miku and went on an upside down ride and my wig went flying off in front of 12 people. The man controlling the ride just stared at the wig! XD
Unread 11-18-2012, 08:52 PM   #39
VickyAmis
Banned

Every time nobody could not recognize who I cosplay, I would feel extremely awkward
VickyAmis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 11:16 PM   #40
ghosgreen

Hmm most awkward for me at a con. Well there was two actually ha ha ha. The first year I cosplayed one of the costumes I had was the Red Engie from Team Fortress 2. So I go down in the evening. Things are winding down a little so I'm just chilling and and walking around and then I go get dinner. I'm standing in line, plate in hand ready to go pay then I hear my name called. I turn around and then there is one of my class mates. I just stare and say "ahhhhh....." no I didn't really want people from school to see me dressed up.

Second moment was I was dressed as Turkey from Hetalia. Anyways long story short I'm hanging around the other Hetalia cosplayers and then this Northern Italy walks up to me and asks me "Hey do you want to play the pocky game?" I'm just staring in disbelief not quite sure if I heard right. I mean it came completely out of the blue, I have no idea who the heck this is and what baffled me is I'm Turkey...why would an Italy ask this. As you can see I was propelled into a world of awkwardness...it got more awkward when I said sure I'd play not really knowing what the pocky game was... I do now...
ghosgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 02:57 PM   #41
KuruttaKanashii
Tempest in a Teapot

I think it's always awkward when you're cosplaying someone and don't recognize someone who's cosplaying the same thing.

For cosplay photos and selfies please visit my tumblr
KuruttaKanashii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #42
SA2R
King of the Skies

This wasn't at a con actually~
There was a meet up that happened this past weekend in my state. I was planning to go as Yukio, but some guy a week earlier, flashed his guns in the same place we were planning on meeting. So of course~ I decided not to. (Yukio has a bullet vest) So I went as Alois Trancy. My friend went as Sebastian, he said it was cool because apparently there was going to be a couple kuro cosplayers there.
There was one of each main character, and another Alois ;; Why is this a big deal? During the photo shoot, my friend kept saying get in the photos, but everyone else was like "we only need one Alois..." As I tried to walk away, my friend kept yelling at me to come back, and the others kept giving me the death glare v-v It was so awkward~ I ran after the birds just so I could run away fast ;; I never want to feel any thing like that again TTATT

Link - Hyrule Warriors
Tomoe - Kamisama kiss
Sebastian - Book of Circus
Snake - Book of Circus
Wen Yang - Dynasty warriors

( ┤ ▽ ` )v

SA2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 06:38 PM   #43
Akahime
Red Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuruttaKanashii View Post
I think it's always awkward when you're cosplaying someone and don't recognize someone who's cosplaying the same thing.
Something like that happened to me once during a spring con. He recognized my character and I blanked out on his --didn't realize we were from the same series until he told me who he was. It was still super awkward even if the cosplay was an alternate outfit from one point in the game. LOL Suppperrr awkward (and embarrassing, oh gosh).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA2R View Post
This wasn't at a con actually~
There was a meet up that happened this past weekend in my state. I was planning to go as Yukio, but some guy a week earlier, flashed his guns in the same place we were planning on meeting. So of course~ I decided not to. (Yukio has a bullet vest) So I went as Alois Trancy. My friend went as Sebastian, he said it was cool because apparently there was going to be a couple kuro cosplayers there.
There was one of each main character, and another Alois ;; Why is this a big deal? During the photo shoot, my friend kept saying get in the photos, but everyone else was like "we only need one Alois..." As I tried to walk away, my friend kept yelling at me to come back, and the others kept giving me the death glare v-v It was so awkward~ I ran after the birds just so I could run away fast ;; I never want to feel any thing like that again TTATT
:/ Sorry to hear that happened to you. Really, that kind of thing should not happen at all, seriously. Who cares if there are doubles?! (though for some reason, people seem to care for the opposite and having no doubles) Where did all of the fun go to? :/
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicań (Nausicań of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Next cons: Midoricon, Anime Fusion?
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 07:09 PM   #44
SA2R
King of the Skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akahime View Post
:/ Sorry to hear that happened to you. Really, that kind of thing should not happen at all, seriously. Who cares if there are doubles?! (though for some reason, people seem to care for the opposite and having no doubles) Where did all of the fun go to? :/
I agree 100% ;A;

Link - Hyrule Warriors
Tomoe - Kamisama kiss
Sebastian - Book of Circus
Snake - Book of Circus
Wen Yang - Dynasty warriors

( ┤ ▽ ` )v

SA2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 07:18 PM   #45
touchmon
Make All The Things!

I just remembered one! This one wasn't really awkward in person but later on I felt awkward after thinking about it.

So, my friend and I were on line for AnimeNorth 2012 pre reg tickets on Thursday. There was a guy in front of us that we made small talk to. Well, while we were talking, a FF 13-2 Sareh walked by and the guy said, "You know, I never understood the phenomena of girls wearing less clothes in cosplay than they do in their daily lives."

My friend and I agreed with him. It was only later, after my friend and I got our badge that I realized that I was one of those girls. ._.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote