Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-13-2011, 06:16 PM   #301
Melima331
Chaotic Neutral

I know I am reviving this thread from the dead, but I decided to re-make my Nariko...again. This time I want to use a less shiny material for the outfit and draw on the designs. Any suggestions for the material?
I probably need to buy a new wig since my old one is worn and a MESS but I'm cheap, so I decided to "dread" it instead. It looks better, but is still messy, but I highly doubt Nariko had time to keep her hair shiny and smooth!
I decided to keep my second version of the sword. I know it's a little big for the in-game version, but it's actually more accurate to some of the concept art in which it's as big as Nariko.
By the way Foxtale, I love love love your Nariko! It's amazing!

Cosplays: Nariko (Heavenly Sword), Rikku (FFX, Berserker, Black Mage, Samurai, Songstress, Detroit Red Wings, Dark Knight), Catwoman, Astrid (HTTYD), Sango (Inuyasha)

Possible planned cosplays: Daenerys (Game of Thrones)
Melima331 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-13-2011, 11:33 PM   #302
Foxtale
Weaver of stories

Thanks! ^_^

I actually used a combination of three different kinds of a material for mine: two layers of heavy spandex for the tube top and underwear, a heavy cotton for the sleeve and leg warmers, and a fine non-stretch poly like you'd used on a wedding veil for the wrap. Good luck!
Unread 02-27-2011, 12:29 PM   #303
Sheik Chan
I r Sheik Chan.

I'm going to be taking my Kai to fanime! I have some nice contacts in mind and am going to either remake or just touch up the costume. It depends on how much money and time I have once my new costumes are finished ><!! I have friends who want to see my Kai and so I figured, "Ehh..what the heck! I'll take her~" XD
Unread 05-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #304
LunaSquee

Oh this thread does exist still! Oh good. I need help, I am beginning my nariko cosplay now. I am getting ready to make a pattern to put on pink insulation foam to start carving out the sword. How long irl are t eh swords, separately, or together?5 feet together sound about rt?
LunaSquee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 09:42 PM   #305
Melima331
Chaotic Neutral

Well the sword length depends on what picture you are taking it from. In some of the artwork, it looks about Nariko's size, but in some of the in-game shots, it looks smaller. I based mine on some of the artwork, but if I re-made it, I would probably make it a little smaller so the the magnets would hold the sword together better.

Cosplays: Nariko (Heavenly Sword), Rikku (FFX, Berserker, Black Mage, Samurai, Songstress, Detroit Red Wings, Dark Knight), Catwoman, Astrid (HTTYD), Sango (Inuyasha)

Unread 10-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #306
Thevina
Thevina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavietta View Post
Naxul: I used insulation foam for my swords and imbedded the magnets by carving out holes for them and gluing them in with 2 part epoxy/resin. It works really well with the foam and so far has held my magnets in place really well

Red: I love the progress of your costume, your kimono top looks comfy I can't wait to see the rest The sword Amethyst made is for you?? Lucky..I think it looks fantastic. And I love how you copyrighted the belt armour xD

thank you for that tip! hoping to start work on this cosplay soon
Thevina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2012, 08:58 PM   #307
Melima331
Chaotic Neutral

Yay more Heavenly Sword love!!
Here's my version 2 of Nariko. I like the fabric much better than my first one. Now all I want to do is re-make the swords so they're a little thinner and fit better together.

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/402177/