Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 108 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-09-2012, 05:31 PM   #4441
miene-maus
Guardian of Tiny Turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viveeh View Post
I also suppose you're against women's rights, cotton blends, shaving, tattoos, eating shrimp, and all these things that your ancient fairytale suggests. Because why would you pick only one thing to be against. While, for instance, slavery is perfectly alright. Lol I don't even know.
*sigh* That really wasn't necessary.

-------------------------------------
Upcoming cosplays:
Ciel Phantomhive (this little Earl wants a Sebastian!)
Serah Farron (alternate)
Maka Albarn
Doll (Kuroshitsuji)
Alice Abernathy (Retribution battle suit)

DA FF.net
miene-maus is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-09-2012, 10:47 PM   #4442
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Ugh, I work at a bank and the senior teller is driving me and two of my other co-workers crazy, since she has us doing a good portion of her work and we don't get paid more for it. She's always saying she has a lot of other work to do, but I watch her and see her doing nothing a lot of times. The three of us just don't give a crap about the job anymore :/ We're competing to see who can get another job first

Lol, I'm also not the type of person that gets angry easily, and my co-workers are just waiting for me to lose it and snap at the senior teller
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #4443
BassriffStudios

After much thought and consideration, since coming to a few local area cosplay days, the one topic that seems to always pop up is this person who goes by Ackson productions (pardon the spelling). What a fellow cosplayer mentioned was the fact that he only picks the best of the best cosplays. For instance she told me he tapped her on the shoulder and she turned around and he say -oops, not good enough- and things along those lines. All I say is, why people? Why can't you treat cosplayers with respect and admiration? Don't be so damn picky about who you choose to be featured in your videos. Holy damn, it felt to me that if I see this Ackson, I'm going to push him for being such an ass to people. There is a clear fine line here, and don't scew it up...Gah. Things like this just infuriates me. Appreciate people who cosplay your favourite characters! "Or someone's gonna get hurt real bad"
Unread 11-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #4444
Lemon-Squeezy

I'm upset that I have to go to work tomorrow. (I'm a cashier at a grocery store)

Tomorrow is senior discount day. I go in at 11 which means I'll be on the end register so they'll all come to mine (because they can't walk ten feet to the next open register) with their smelly canvas bags

Oh and in 10 days my store will play the same 5 most awful christmas songs ever lol

Kastucon 2014
Austrian Succession Spain
Cowboy America

Otakon 2014
Daenerys Targaryen
Austrian Succession Spain
Mistral - .hack
Kofuku - Noragami
Lemon-Squeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 11:22 PM   #4445
Curucar

SO. A week or so back my mum got the *exact* same tattoo that I had got a few days prior, without my permission. Which pissed me off to no end. So I had it added to today. For that, my actions are 'childish'.

She has a lot of medical problems, so oftentimes it's me that goes and picks up EVERYTHING from her. To the point where people think that I AM her. I don't want the exact same ink as her-- I'm my own bloody person.
Unread 11-14-2012, 11:37 PM   #4446
Volnixshin
Tesla Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by miene-maus View Post
*sigh* That really wasn't necessary.
Yeah! Fuck Equal rights!

Czech jvorxelf, bephor yue rek jvorxelf
Volnixshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 12:37 AM   #4447
cybernova

I love how gay rights discussions always contain those same anti-Christian, pro-gay "omfg the Bible says u shud stone ppl and that womans hav no rights and stuff too so hurr durr it's all BS" arguments. I mean really, it may have been an innovative, smart-butt thing to say at some point, but now it's just one of those things you spout out to prove your imagined levels of sophistication. Because really? The Bible says slavery is a-ok? Wo-wee, now that's something new. and chances are you haven't even read the book yourself to see the validity of your claims

And yes, I'm an atheist, and no, I don't care for religions when they limit people's lives, and yes, I support gay rights, BUT no, I still don't care for that particular argument, just like I don't care for any other over-used, bland, unintelligent arguments.

Just an observation, not trying to provoke or personally insult, so please try not to get butthurt.
cybernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 12:55 AM   #4448
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybernova View Post
I love how gay rights discussions always contain those same anti-Christian, pro-gay "omfg the Bible says u shud stone ppl and that womans hav no rights and stuff too so hurr durr it's all BS" arguments. I mean really, it may have been an innovative, smart-butt thing to say at some point, but now it's just one of those things you spout out to prove your imagined levels of sophistication. Because really? The Bible says slavery is a-ok? Wo-wee, now that's something new. and chances are you haven't even read the book yourself to see the validity of your claims

And yes, I'm an atheist, and no, I don't care for religions when they limit people's lives, and yes, I support gay rights, BUT no, I still don't care for that particular argument, just like I don't care for any other over-used, bland, unintelligent arguments.

Just an observation, not trying to provoke or personally insult, so please try not to get butthurt.
^.....thank you. I'm Christian, I believe in gay rights...and...you know what? Big deal. The way I see it, the real problem is everyone getting up in arms about something that should have never been argued over in the first place. Love who you love...and if someone doesn't like it? They need to back off; it's not their business to control every aspect of every single person's life. It actually makes me a little angry to see so much hate towards the LGBT community by Christians when we are in fact called to love our neighbors...not attack them over their partner. No one's perfect and if we've been reduced to telling people who they can and cannot marry then we'd might as well start stoning criminals and maiming thieves.

But with that being done.
....I'm so sick of the people who supposedly care about me..my family...doing nothing but pointing out my every flaw and attacking me over the stupidest things for no real reason. I can't even make a comment about the 'effing weather without it turning into WWIII over how I did my hair or if things that have been done for weeks are actually finished. Ugh. I'm going mad if they keep this up.
Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 09:11 AM   #4449
EvilLittleKiss
Profound Historical Youth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curucar View Post
SO. A week or so back my mum got the *exact* same tattoo that I had got a few days prior, without my permission. Which pissed me off to no end. So I had it added to today. For that, my actions are 'childish'.

She has a lot of medical problems, so oftentimes it's me that goes and picks up EVERYTHING from her. To the point where people think that I AM her. I don't want the exact same ink as her-- I'm my own bloody person.
What is your tattoo of? (Just curious) Try explaining to your mother that you got your ink so you could be more of an individual. She probably got it too as a sign of affection for you. Explain to her that although you appreciate her affection, it irks you that she got it without asking your opinion first.

Currently working on:
Momoko Koigakubo -- Ghost Stories (Dub)
Scarlett O'Hara Drapery Dress -- Gone With the Wind
Deandra -- MPGiS
Anna Cornonation Dress -- Frozen
Vader Eloha/The Queen -- OFF
Princess Suwa -- Mascot of the city of Suwa, Japan

My favorite cosplays:
Brittnay Matthews -- MPGiS
Mom Lalonde -- Homestuck
Princess Kenny -- South Park

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/annikaskisses
EvilLittleKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 09:17 AM   #4450
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:

Well that's weird.

Sounds like mom's trying to reclaim her fading youth and live vicariously through you.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #4451
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybernova View Post

I don't think it's supposed to be an innovative, erm... "smart-butt" (I like that) thing to say. If people are being deliberately facetious and insulting then sure, that's not the right way to treat the issue, but the fact is this: The Bible says a lot of things are not allowed, and it's truly baffling which of these modern fundamentalist Christians decide to dwell on and which they don't. Basically the ones that suit them. That is a very, very valid argument, and that's why people use it a lot. the bible says you can't wear garments of mixed linen and cotton, and you absolutely are allowed to eat locusts. You don't see the Westboro Baptist church picketing with signs saying "God hates mixed fabrics! But he LOVES locusts!".

So I get what you're saying that you've heard it a lot, but that doesn't make it a tired and pointless argument. And don't stoop to accusing people of having not read the bible. That's a pretty old and tired argument itself, because I'd put money on the fact you haven't sat down and read it cover to cover either. My mother is a devout catholic and she's never 'sat down and read the bible'. Very few people actually do that. At least not in the last few hundred years.

Just hearing the same argument many times doesn't make it bullshit. In fact, it might just be that people are repeating it so much because there is in fact some validity to it.

Trust me, I get as pissed as the next guy when people start calling it "a fairy tale for gullible people who are afraid of death", and unlike you I wouldn't even classify myself as atheist -- I am not confident enough in my knowledge of the mechanics and very existence of the universe that I can realistically call myself anything other than an absolutely clueless agnostic -- but to dismiss an argument as stupid and pointless just because you've heard it a lot is a path to ignorance.

EDIT -
Quote:

Super-weird.
Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 10:15 AM   #4452
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post
Trust me, I get as pissed as the next guy when people start calling it "a fairy tale for gullible people who are afraid of death", and unlike you I wouldn't even classify myself as atheist -- I am not confident enough in my knowledge of the mechanics and very existence of the universe that I can realistically call myself anything other than an absolutely clueless agnostic -- but to dismiss an argument as stupid and pointless just because you've heard it a lot is a path to ignorance.
Being an atheist doesn't automatically mean you have to be super-knowledgeable concerning science. All it means is you don't believe in god(s).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 10:26 AM   #4453
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger

That was kinda my point.

If pushed hard enough, any atheist has to, by definition, be an agnostic, simply because you can't know how the very fabric of existence came to be. It is simply out of our level of understanding.

I'm an atheist in so much as I don't believe there is a dude with a white beard and hippie son who gives a solitary shit specifically about our little corner of the cosmos and its inhabitants, but I cannot say with confidence that there wasn't some kind of, what we would describe as 'sentience' behind the creation of all things. I personally don't think it seems all that likely and there is certainly no evidence to suggest there is, but we have no way of ever knowing for certain. Hence, agnostic.
Unread 11-15-2012, 10:28 AM   #4454
sam vimes
A real live wire

Nope, not gonna argue semantics. Not today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 10:29 AM   #4455
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger

You're no fun.