Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 67 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-24-2012, 10:36 AM   #91
nikkiolie

A friend spammed her facebook with magi so I started reading and I am in love. I have been working on a Judal costume and I am close to being done. I hope to have it done this weekend for a photo shoot so I am hoping to have pictures. 8D

All I have left is to sew the shawl thing, cast my wand gem, paint the wand and attach the gem, cast the gem on the necklace, make the bracelets and style the wig. All of it is easy, the only thing that will take long is waiting for the resin to dry for the gems
nikkiolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-24-2012, 05:14 PM   #92
Aciano
Light and Shadow

Uuugh. I've been debating on who to start cosplaying first. Currently my choices are Ren Hakuryuu, Jafar, Ren Kougyoku, Pisti, and Ren Kouha. Most of the choices being suggestions a;wlekrja I'm conflicted. Why must they all have such nice outfits!

Mikaze Ai - UtaPri
Chess!China - APH
Kimiko - Xiaolin Showdown
Secret Cosplay
Fem!Bilbo Baggins - The Hobbit
Kinomoto Sakura - CCS
Yazawa Nico - Love Live
Shiro - NGNL
Korean Assassin - Assassins Creed (Jason Kang art)
Bell - Snafu Comics
Aciano is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 07:52 PM   #93
Li_Syaoran
Lone Wolf

just started reading the manga. looks interesting.
CureCos:http://en.curecos.com/profile/?ch=331883
Cos Group Page:https://www.facebook.com/LonewolfCosplay

Current Anime Con list
Sakura con 2013
Male Black Rock Shooter
Sword Art Online Gun-master/Swordsman Kirito
Male Suit Saber from Fate Prototype
Imitation Black Kagamine Len
Li_Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 09:08 PM   #94
nikkiolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aciano View Post
Uuugh. I've been debating on who to start cosplaying first. Currently my choices are Ren Hakuryuu, Jafar, Ren Kougyoku, Pisti, and Ren Kouha. Most of the choices being suggestions a;wlekrja I'm conflicted. Why must they all have such nice outfits!
I KNOW! THERE IS SO MANY I WANT TO COSPLAY!
Unread 10-27-2012, 03:50 AM   #95
Aciano
Light and Shadow

I finally settled, after a bit of coaxing to do Kouha. Started on it and still need to fix a few things. I just loosely sewed everything together so it's easy to take apart. NOthing is ironed too because I still need the fold in the middle down the front for the openings LOL. Trying to figure out if I need to make the circles wider and longer though. May also cut the sides a bit. Temporarly sewn ribbons to attach the front together just to see how the circles looked. Haha. But this is the progress so far.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc...4968o2_400.jpg

Mikaze Ai - UtaPri
Chess!China - APH
Kimiko - Xiaolin Showdown
Secret Cosplay
Fem!Bilbo Baggins - The Hobbit
Kinomoto Sakura - CCS
Yazawa Nico - Love Live
Shiro - NGNL
Korean Assassin - Assassins Creed (Jason Kang art)
Bell - Snafu Comics

Last edited by Aciano : 10-27-2012 at 03:59 AM.
Aciano is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 07:34 PM   #96
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Currently decided that I have to cosplay Morgiana. ^_^ I'm a bit confused about her hair at the moment since it seems to change length in the back a lot between the ref images I'm finding. 0_o. Or does her hair grow out in the manga or something?

Also, would a twill or linen-like fabric work better for her usual outfit? And how are people going about her leg ribbon wrap things? The last time I attempted to wrap ribbon around my leg it did not end well as the ribbon slipped down.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

Last edited by touchmon : 10-27-2012 at 08:30 PM.
touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 09:11 PM   #97
☆ KEITA
Pokémon Master

@touchmon: I believe her hair is shorter in the back and gradually gets longer in the front. o:

Linen-like fabric would be best I think! The Morgiana in my group used strips of stretchy black fabric as it was stretch so it stayed on her legs better and were matte and not shiny like ribbon usually is.

Upcoming Cosplay
WWWl Stocking MALE VER (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)
WWWl Horohoro TOURNAMENT VER (Shaman King)
WWWl Vivi (Luminous Arc)
WWWl Syaoran (Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle)
☆ KEITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #98
nikkiolie

I did a quick little makeup test last night. I still have some things to work on but I am pretty happy with how my Judal looks right now. I'm hoping to get the costume done and get a few more real shots soon, not ones taken by myself with my phone :P

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3311952/
Unread 11-07-2012, 11:32 AM   #99
touchmon
Make All The Things!

^It look awesome!

Currently I bought a wig and paid a commissioner for Morgiana's bracelets. The fabric for her is at home so I can't start working on the dress for another two weeks. Does the knot of the sash she has around her waist have a name? I tried searching ball knot and sphere knot and nothing.

Quote:

Unread 11-11-2012, 08:10 AM   #100
CherriPetalz
waht is this

Is anyone else planning on cosplaying Ren Kougyoku? I need some help with her headpiece ;w; I'm not even sure how the hell it works...
CherriPetalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #101
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherriPetalz View Post
Is anyone else planning on cosplaying Ren Kougyoku? I need some help with her headpiece ;w; I'm not even sure how the hell it works...
I'm not but I know how those headpieces work. Basically the little cylinder that holds her hair loops has 2 holes in it for the long "stick" thing to go through. I know I'm not explaining it very well since I don't know exactly what each piece is called but yeah. I could draw a quick sketch if that isn't enough.

Quote:

Unread 11-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #102
CherriPetalz
waht is this

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
I'm not but I know how those headpieces work. Basically the little cylinder that holds her hair loops has 2 holes in it for the long "stick" thing to go through. I know I'm not explaining it very well since I don't know exactly what each piece is called but yeah. I could draw a quick sketch if that isn't enough.
I get the basic idea of the headpiece but I'm extremely confused on what type of wig I should get for it or what I should make it out of so the pin thingy won't tip down on one side D: I wonder how Asian women from back then kept their hair things from falling out...
CherriPetalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2012, 10:24 PM   #103
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherriPetalz View Post
I get the basic idea of the headpiece but I'm extremely confused on what type of wig I should get for it or what I should make it out of so the pin thingy won't tip down on one side D: I wonder how Asian women from back then kept their hair things from falling out...
Ohhhhh. Well for the wig, I think you should get a base and then use wefts and wire or something to get the loopy shapes. As for the pin, are you planning on having it detachable from the holder? If not then I think you can just glue the holder and the pin down to keep it in place if you make it out of light enough materials.

Quote:

Unread 11-12-2012, 10:02 AM   #104
Minty-ChanD

Yay Magi! I plan to cosplay as Jafar for Anime Matsuri, no group as I know of, but I might have a Sinbad! I so can't wait!
Minty-ChanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 06:47 PM   #105
xblackravenx

I'm planning Ren Hakuryuu, at the "where the hell do I start" stage. Are there patterns around for his type of outfit or would I be best making it up myself ? His hat...urgh, does anyone have a tutorial or know what the style is called ?

I've got until May next year so plenty of time to figure everything out I guess
xblackravenx is offline   Reply With Quote