Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 567 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 11-08-2012, 11:06 AM   #12136
Aeviking
Fantasy worlds explorer

Well, I think I'll just try to save enough money for a wig and a lot of extensions...

Unread 11-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #12137
Seifer-sama

Wow I haven't been here in a while. It's good to be back though!! Sorry I haven't read through the pages yet, but I am sure you all have made some amazing progress as usual!!

I am still slowly working on my Rapunzel fabric! The embroidery for the skirt is finished and I have finally found a Spoonflower swatch I am happy with (it took me forever to get the right color)... but now I am out of money... so it's more waiting. As soon as I can though, I will order the fabric and finish the skirt up, then I can start working on the bodice!

EDIT: @ ThePrincessMom: I LOVE that photo!!

@ Everyone: I just went back for a few pages and wow, everyone pictures are so amazing!!!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)

Last edited by Seifer-sama : 11-09-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2012, 03:50 AM   #12138
Aeviking
Fantasy worlds explorer

Seifer-sama: Your wig is my new dream! I've seen your Rapunzel's photos and all looks amazing! I'm doing mine's embroidery by now and yes, you must work carefully and slowly.
Unread 11-11-2012, 11:20 PM   #12139
nessabutterfly

I am scouring the web looking for a pic of Vanellope's ending outfit from Wreck it Ralph, but it's nowhere to be found. Stasi INSISTS I make it for her though. I understand they're trying to keep the ending under wraps (which is why I'm doing my best to be vague), but I want to make it for her for Christmas!
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #12140
Seifer-sama

Aeviking: Thank you so much! I am glad to hear there is another nut out there like me embroidering by hand! Please do post some pictures when you get the chance.

nessabutterfly: Omg, that would be so cute!! Honestly I am not surprised you aren't having any luck finding a reference image... I am sure Disney is keeping everything as secret as they can, at least until almost everyone has seen it. I hope within a few weeks some photos start emerging.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 11-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #12141
nessabutterfly

I saw one line-art image that the person said was from a colouring book. I'm hoping that there will be a picture book with it, but I haven't found any Wreck it Ralph books at any of the stores I've been in this weekend. I'm headed to a big bookstore today, so I'll have to check there.

My son wants to be Fix it Felix Jr. TOO CUTE! I love that my kids are into cosplaying again-- just so long as THEY pick the costumes. They aren't living props for my costumes anymore...
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2012, 03:54 PM   #12142
Seifer-sama

@ nessabutterfly: Oh that's a good idea! I am sure there will be a lot of Wreck It Ralph stuff out very soon! You may even see that dress as a costume very soon as well. And that's so cute about your kids wanting to cosplay!!! You will have to take pictures and post them once you finish these. I am sure they will be adorable.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 11-12-2012, 10:20 PM   #12143
Limeyaku
First-Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeviking View Post
Hi there! I'm remaking my Rapunzel's cosplay (made during almost six months) and now I'm working with the skirt and the wig. I' ve been having a lot of troube with the wig. First, when I tried to add some wefts it got really tangled and I passed one month detangling it. Then, it didn't had so much volume, so I started thinking about how to make it. Finally, I decided to make an internal structure and cover it with hair. I ended up using nylons filled with cotton, then covered with hair (an entire medium wig and six packs of extensions, no one with the same color but similar) and, as I didnīt know how to attach it to the base wig, braided all the stuff together. But it even doesn't look like a braid! Now is a ... well, here it is:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7924423...in/photostream
It has the volume, but not the rest. I want to make a new one, but without structure, only with hair, and try to use this one at least one time. Any ideas of how to make it better? And how must be the wigs for use them (length, thickness...)? Thank you.
How you're describing how you made yours sounds very similar to mine. Sew the nylons shut at the top and handstitch them along the bottom band of the wig under the nape of the neck to attach them. The one thing that stands out with your wig is that you braided under instead of over. Meaning your braid goes like this /\ instead of this V . When you have that much hair in the wig, it can make a difference!

Try undoing it and wrapping each 'tube' with a satin ribbon, just pinned into the top to help keep the hair in place while braiding. When the braid is done ( pull it fairly tight too, it'll help hold its shape ), just unpin each ribbon and pull them out from the bottom.

I hope that made sense!
Limeyaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2012, 11:11 PM   #12144
Aurora's Heart

Nessa- I know my Disney Store has at least two different Wreck It Ralph books out. Don't know if they have what you are looking for, but it's at least something.
Unread 11-13-2012, 05:30 AM   #12145
Emiko-Sakura
Raven

My Belle costume that I rushed to make in 4 days ^^;;;; I should really learn not to procrastinate!
Emiko-Sakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 11:23 AM   #12146
Seifer-sama

@ Emiko-Sakura: That looks lovely!! And holy crap, you made it in four days??? That's amazing! Awesome work!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 11-13-2012, 05:34 PM   #12147
WarriorPrincess
With her nose in a book

So with going to Beauty and the Beast, I decided I would create a third skirt to go with my Belle bodice. This is using the same pattern I plan to use for the walking skirt, but instead of putting gathers in it, I used the pattern as-is with pick-ups. So 11 hours and 3 days later, I finished the skirt. I am almost done with all but the details in the bodice, but am on hold while I await the boning. I am super-excited to finish it and be able to wear it to the Fox.

Belle Theatre Skirt

Upcoming Appearances
Denver Comic Con 2014
Colorado Renaissance Festival
DragonCon 2014
WarriorPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #12148
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Hello, ladies! It's been a while! I'm loving all the progress~

For me, Thanksgiving break is coming up soon; I'm supposed to be doing my Sally shoot sometime during! Yikes! haha I have a LOT of revamping to do before I wear her again. I am TRYING to resist the urge to completely disassemble the dress, remake a few of the panels, take it in on the sides, and then resew it all. Like, I NEED to, but I don't WANT to. Because it will be a lot of work to do in 5 or so days and I'm not sure I'll have it done in time for a shoot. D: But I think I just might try anyway. If I don't finish it in time, I may save her for a winter shoot, but COLD. lol Wish me luck!

Emiko- Wow, 4 days?? That's better work than I could do in a month! You look lovely!

Seifer- I CAN'T WAIT to see your Punzie! I love everything you make- especially when it involves your mad embroidery skillz! :P Seriously, though, I can't wait to see it!

Nessa- Oh, goodness, I want to make that dress, too! As well as her regular outfit. She's just too cute!
Unread 11-13-2012, 09:27 PM   #12149
Emiko-Sakura
Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifer-sama View Post
@ Emiko-Sakura: That looks lovely!! And holy crap, you made it in four days??? That's amazing! Awesome work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie Blue View Post

Emiko- Wow, 4 days?? That's better work than I could do in a month! You look lovely!

Thank you both! Ahh yeah, I don't think I would want to try and do it again in that amount of time hahahaha uni and cosplay do not go well together hahaha
Emiko-Sakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 11:31 PM   #12150
LKD
Is a princess!!

emiko- I feel you girl @0@ I made my first Belle gown in 4 days as well..PROPS TO YOU.