Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #1
rair
Rair
 
rair's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 51
Naruto 2013 - Casting Call

Hey Everyone!

Just getting a head start on the Naruto photoshoot! Feel free to post what costume you'll be doing from the series. Closer to AN I'll start up a poll for photo shoot dates and times.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone!

Characters:

Sakura: me
Ino: rair's friend
Hinata: rair's friend
Kakashi: rair's friend
Sasuke: Heaven'sLock
Gaiden Obito: Hareem-Beam
Gaiden Kakashi: Hareem-Beam's friend
Sasori: musicalcats
Kushina: CirqueDuFolie
Four tails: CirqueDuFolie's friend
Naruto: CirqueDuFolie's friend
Sasuke: CirqueDuFolie's friend
Itachi: CirqueDuFolie's friend
Shikamaru: CirqueDuFolie's friend
Iruka: CirqueDuFolie's friend
Deidara: CirqueDuFolie's friend
Sasori: CirqueDuFolie's friend
Kisame: CirqueDuFolie's friend
Hinata (Shippuden): xsailorsam
Sakura: xsailorsam's friend
Temari: Redstars
Gaara: Redstars friend
Kankuro: Redstars friend
Sakura: Redstars friend
Kurenai: Redstars friend
Sasuke: redstars friend (maybe)
Kiba: redstars friend (maybe)

Last edited by rair : 02-01-2013 at 03:18 PM.
rair is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 11-14-2012, 04:53 AM   #2
Roxas-13
Have you seen this otaku?
 
Roxas-13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 390
This is a really cool and unique idea, and I would love to be part of it....but I think my plates already pretty full this coming year already. My girlfriend, Heaven'sLockm and myself are cosplaying Deidara and Tobi this year (probably on the Friday) for sure, and I for one would like to be part of this, I'm just not sure if I'll have the time. I'll keep an eye on this thread, see what happens.
__________________
Anime North '14
Gijinka!Unown - Pokemon
Human!Creeper - Minecraft
Luke Skywalker - Star Wars
Roxas-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 11:20 PM   #3
Hareem-Beam
Registered User
 
Hareem-Beam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4
That's a really cool idea you have there! Unfortunately, I'm not going to be doing that for my cosplay next year.

I'm planning to be Gaiden Obito and my friend is going to be Gaiden Kakashi on Saturday and Sunday!
Hareem-Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
rair
Rair
 
rair's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxas-13 View Post
This is a really cool and unique idea, and I would love to be part of it....but I think my plates already pretty full this coming year already. My girlfriend, Heaven'sLockm and myself are cosplaying Deidara and Tobi this year (probably on the Friday) for sure, and I for one would like to be part of this, I'm just not sure if I'll have the time. I'll keep an eye on this thread, see what happens.
Aw too bad that you're plates full If you have time we'd love for you to join us! Glad to hear that you're doing Naruto characters and can't wait to at least (hopefully?) see you guys at the photo shoot
rair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 01:46 PM   #5
rair
Rair
 
rair's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hareem-Beam View Post
That's a really cool idea you have there! Unfortunately, I'm not going to be doing that for my cosplay next year.

I'm planning to be Gaiden Obito and my friend is going to be Gaiden Kakashi on Saturday and Sunday!
Always glad to know of more Naruto cosplayers out there. I assume you're in for a photoshoot? The more the merrier and all that
rair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 04:32 PM   #6
Roxas-13
Have you seen this otaku?
 
Roxas-13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by rair View Post
Aw too bad that you're plates full If you have time we'd love for you to join us! Glad to hear that you're doing Naruto characters and can't wait to at least (hopefully?) see you guys at the photo shoot
And now I get to come back and say that there is a possibility we may be dropping Deidara and Tobi in favour of this. We really like the sounds of it, and honestly, those two eren't very far along anyway. It's only a maybe at this point, but it's leaning toward a "yes".
__________________
Anime North '14
Gijinka!Unown - Pokemon
Human!Creeper - Minecraft
Luke Skywalker - Star Wars
Roxas-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 03:23 AM   #7
musicalcats
Mars Fire Ignite
 
musicalcats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 984
Doing Sasori w/ a group on Friday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxas-13 View Post
And now I get to come back and say that there is a possibility we may be dropping Deidara and Tobi in favour of this. We really like the sounds of it, and honestly, those two eren't very far along anyway. It's only a maybe at this point, but it's leaning toward a "yes".
What you are dropping out of my group?
__________________
Unplugged Expo: Sailor Neptune (Sailor Moon) (Saturday), Sasori (Sunday) (Naruto)


Anime North 2015:
Tsunade (Naruto) (Friday)
Sailor Chibi Moon (Sailor Moon) (Saturday)
Tellu (Sailor Moon) (Sunday)
My cosplay page:
musicalcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 01:37 PM   #8
rair
Rair
 
rair's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxas-13 View Post
And now I get to come back and say that there is a possibility we may be dropping Deidara and Tobi in favour of this. We really like the sounds of it, and honestly, those two eren't very far along anyway. It's only a maybe at this point, but it's leaning toward a "yes".
Oh wow that'd be awesome! You could do both if you have the time because the ANBU costumes are only planned for one day at this point. If you have time and everything. Keep me posted I try and check the forum at least once a day.
rair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 01:38 PM   #9
rair
Rair
 
rair's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicalcats View Post
Doing Sasori w/ a group on Friday.

What you are dropping out of my group?
Looking forward to seeing Sasori!
rair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 09:54 PM   #10
CirqueDuFolie
Registered User
 
CirqueDuFolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 36
I'd love to do an ANBU Kushina but I've sadly already started on my younger version of her and won't be able to complete the ANBU version until the following year. ;A;
The rest of our group is going to have quite a few characters lined up for the weekend. Four-Tails, Naruto, Sasuke, Itachi, Shikamaru, Iruka, Deidara, Sasori, Kisame and hopefully a few more. Not sure who's doing what which day though. :I
__________________

{Anime North 2014}
Merida - 95%
MeiRin - 100%
Goddess Madoka - 95%
Surprise Cosplay - 95%



{2015}
Koumei Ren - 0%
Fem!Koujaku - 0%
Yamuraiha - 0%
Muron Alexius - 0%


CirqueDuFolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 03:29 PM   #11
Heaven'sLock
Registered User
 
Heaven'sLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 11
Hey, guys; just posting to reserve a spot as ANBU Sasuke. Silly boyfriend, putting a random 'm' on the end of my username. Silly silly silly. : P

@musicalcats: Sorry; as Roxas_13 said, Tobi and Deidara really weren't very far along. We'll for sure do the cosplays someday, but not this year.
__________________
Anime North 2013
FullMetal Alchemist: First Lt. Riza Hawkeye
Naruto: ANBU/OriginalSeries! Sasuke
Heaven'sLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 12:43 AM   #12
Roxas-13
Have you seen this otaku?
 
Roxas-13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 390
Yeah, I'm the silly one for putting the "m" key and comma key next to each other, and accidently hitting one instead of the other. :P

So, I'm for sure on board with this, though I am undecided on which character yet. I'm leaning towards Kiba, but not finalized yet. Is there any character's with black/dark hair that I'm missing? I'm trying to avoid having to buy a wig, and my hair will already be short and black for my other two cosplays.
__________________
Anime North '14
Gijinka!Unown - Pokemon
Human!Creeper - Minecraft
Luke Skywalker - Star Wars
Roxas-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 07:15 AM   #13
rair
Rair
 
rair's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by CirqueDuFolie View Post
I'd love to do an ANBU Kushina but I've sadly already started on my younger version of her and won't be able to complete the ANBU version until the following year. ;A;
The rest of our group is going to have quite a few characters lined up for the weekend. Four-Tails, Naruto, Sasuke, Itachi, Shikamaru, Iruka, Deidara, Sasori, Kisame and hopefully a few more. Not sure who's doing what which day though. :I
Wow! That is a huge group! I cannot wait to see this. Let us know when you figure out which day you're group is going

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven'sLock View Post
Hey, guys; just posting to reserve a spot as ANBU Sasuke. Silly boyfriend, putting a random 'm' on the end of my username. Silly silly silly. : P

@musicalcats: Sorry; as Roxas_13 said, Tobi and Deidara really weren't very far along. We'll for sure do the cosplays someday, but not this year.
No wonder I couldn't find your profile XD

SASUKE! First recruit! YAY! So glad to have you on board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxas-13 View Post
Yeah, I'm the silly one for putting the "m" key and comma key next to each other, and accidently hitting one instead of the other. :P

So, I'm for sure on board with this, though I am undecided on which character yet. I'm leaning towards Kiba, but not finalized yet. Is there any character's with black/dark hair that I'm missing? I'm trying to avoid having to buy a wig, and my hair will already be short and black for my other two cosplays.
YES! You're in which is awesome!

As for characters with black hair there is Shikamaru and Shino (not positive if his hair is brown or black because it seems to change...)I think Kiba's hair is actually brown.

On a completely unrelated note you and Heaven'sLock are doing Roy and Riza!! I love fma. Really makes me want to pull out my old Ed costume XD

Last edited by rair : 11-19-2012 at 07:24 AM.
rair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #14
CirqueDuFolie
Registered User
 
CirqueDuFolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by rair View Post
Wow! That is a huge group! I cannot wait to see this. Let us know when you figure out which day you're group is going
Most are doing Naruto characters all three days, some a different character each day. Our Naruto will be the Four-Tails on Saturday, but changing into a suit later for the Moonlight Ball. :33
Peronsally, I'll be Kushina on just the Sunday. ^^
As it turns out, we may also have a Madara with us. Hopefully. :')
__________________

{Anime North 2014}
Merida - 95%
MeiRin - 100%
Goddess Madoka - 95%
Surprise Cosplay - 95%



{2015}
Koumei Ren - 0%
Fem!Koujaku - 0%
Yamuraiha - 0%
Muron Alexius - 0%


CirqueDuFolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2012, 01:01 AM   #15
musicalcats
Mars Fire Ignite
 
musicalcats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven'sLock View Post
@musicalcats: Sorry; as Roxas_13 said, Tobi and Deidara really weren't very far along. We'll for sure do the cosplays someday, but not this year.
How weren't they very far along? They were the main characters of the Akatsuki. :/ Anyway, I probably will have people to fill in those spots, but you could have told me on Facebook then just announcing it on here like that.
__________________
Unplugged Expo: Sailor Neptune (Sailor Moon) (Saturday), Sasori (Sunday) (Naruto)


Anime North 2015:
Tsunade (Naruto) (Friday)
Sailor Chibi Moon (Sailor Moon) (Saturday)
Tellu (Sailor Moon) (Sunday)
My cosplay page:
musicalcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:09 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.