Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 11-14-2012, 08:00 PM   #46
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
Well, yeah, which is why I said there's no point in any of us trying to justify ourselves. It's not going to change the opinions of the penis wrinkles. Of course, talking with your wallet helps, too. Not buying Harris's work, or if you're lucky enough to be in the position, not hiring Harris for your projects, hurts him a lot more than complaining about it on the internet is ever going to.

I try to avoid gendered insults in general (although "penis wrinkle" is just too funny to pass up), but yes, there are plenty of women who do agree with these warped viewpoints. Harris's wife is probably one of them.
Penis wrinkle needn't be used for men only, I'd call a girl a penis wrinkle too if I was mad enough.

Also I cannot take credit for penis wrinkle I read it on tumblr when regarding this mans facebook comment
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-14-2012, 08:00 PM   #47
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jia Jem View Post
This guy glosses over "cosplayers who like comics too" as the minority, where the fact is, they are not.

But he is not a cosplayer. So I wouldn't expect him to know this.
I wouldn't expect him to know much about cosplayers.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 08:06 PM   #48
Libis

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnerBear View Post
So I decided to go look at the source of the statement his facebook to see if maybe it was a mix up and well to try to give him the benefit of a doubt that maybe these other pages left things out just to make it seem that much worse and what I found was everything that was said else where was right there word for word..

so I started reading the comments and came across this one

Tony Effing Harris So heres my follow up commentary. Tried to "engage" my detractors on Twitter. Big mistake. Not gonna backpeddle. Not one step. I tried to be clear at the beginning by saying I know there are legit Cosplayers who know the material and love it. So if you wanna gloss over that and accuse my statements as being all inclusive of Cosplay, then blow me. See, this is why I posted this HERE, on MY page. You dont like it? Leave. Dont threaten to stop buying my work, because Im sure most of you who threw that gauntlet down, never did to begin with. Good riddance. Hey all you self righteous fuck-faces out there who are spewing even MORE hatred at me, than you accused me of spewing. pfffft. Really, thats how you come at me? Once you have moved on to hate on someone else....Good Riddance. But the one thing I HAVE to address is the use of the word MISOGYNY. So I am a Misogynist? Why? Because I frown upon Posers who are sad, needy fakers who use up all my air at Cons? Sorry, while you Cos"Play" Im actually at work. Thats my office. Fuck you. I actually dont hate women, I dont fear them either. Nor do I mistrust them. I do not portray or Objectify half naked women in my work. I never have. I have always been VERY vocal about my dislike of that practice, and that my view is and has been that T&A in comics is a Pox. If you wanna come at me with accusations of Misogyny and sexism, youll be wrong. I think there are several Hundred "PRos" I could rattle off that are doing a fine job of perpetuating that crap without ANY help from me. Its not helping to further our industry. Hey haters, Im not sad, lonely, stupid, uneducated, gay, nor do I wear Assess for a Hat. Im not a Sexist, and have been very vocal about the fact that its a GOOD thing to see so many female fans at shows, and I treat them with the same kindness and respect as I do ANY male fan I meet. I guess the one mistake I made in my original post was that I excluded Men. Let me rectify that...... SOME of you MEN, are as bad as SOME of the Women Cosplayers, I talked about earlier. There. Oh and to all of you guys who are my friends, and pros who I work with, dont go and try and defend me or anything I wrote. Youll just get shit on. Thanks though. And lastly, Bleeding Cool, and Rich Johnston are Shithead, scumbags, and this isnt the first time his camp has come after me. Fuck you Rich.
Yesterday at 1:29pm ∑ Edited ∑ 12

First off this " I tried to be clear at the beginning by saying I know there are legit Cosplayers who know the material and love it. So if you wanna gloss over that and accuse my statements as being all inclusive of Cosplay, then blow me."
I even went back and reread the post that started this and I see no mention of him saying anything like this

Second: "See, this is why I posted this HERE, on MY page. You dont like it? Leave."

Did he seriously not expect people to get upset, if he doesn't like the hate and heat that he is getting from this he shouldn't have posted it publicly.

as for the rest of it I just don't know anymore not to mention he continues on to go after male cosplayers >.>
I believe he was referencing this:
Quote:
I know a few who are actually pretty cool-and BIG Shocker, love and read Comics.So as in all things, they are the exception to the rule.
Because, you know, it's ok to say "I know a few ok [insert minority here], but most of them are [insert sexual or racial derogatory term here]." That makes everyone feel really loved. *facepalm*
Libis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 08:24 PM   #49
fujyoshi
half elf flame haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
Doesn't matter the penis wrinkle is basically saying we're all slutty mcwhore bags for cosplaying because we just want to slut up the place and prey on innocent nerd guys.... it doesn't MATTER what we like, we can't be a girl and a nerd.
Sounds like I'm not missing much xD Gotta love them extremists ehh
fujyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 08:46 PM   #50
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
Penis wrinkle needn't be used for men only, I'd call a girl a penis wrinkle too if I was mad enough.

Also I cannot take credit for penis wrinkle I read it on tumblr when regarding this mans facebook comment
Yeah, I'd call a woman a penis wrinkle, too, but it's still a gendered insult because most women don't have penises.

Tumblr is also where I first saw "penis wrinkle", so good show to whomever came up with that one.

Penis wrinkle.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 08:49 PM   #51
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
Yeah, I'd call a woman a penis wrinkle, too, but it's still a gendered insult because most women don't have penises.

Tumblr is also where I first saw "penis wrinkle", so good show to whomever came up with that one.

Penis wrinkle.
Another one I like is twat waffle.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 08:51 PM   #52
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I still maintain full originality for Douchebiscuit.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 11-14-2012, 09:59 PM   #53
Amanita

How about Douchecanoe? Fucksack? Fuck him with a Chili-doused dildo? Those should work on either gender, or at least on loudmouths like the one we're discussing
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 11:16 PM   #54
Kildread
I can fix it!

Why do I feel I've heard tripe like what that guy says several times before?

Oh yeah... it's not so much about women than pretty ones who cosplay the stuff the comic book industry makes to begin with. Assuming that they know nothing about what they cosplay as, that they do so to get socially-awkward men to salivate about them and that knowing comics would apparently make this better.

If women cosplay outside their body type, they're told off --- if they cosplay within and look good. Then obviously they are airheads.

~Bitch, bitch, bitch~

Personally, women would do well to keep enjoying what they enjoy and avoid that ignoramus' works and views. And men would do well not o contribute to that :/

(Wait, am I being an hypocrite here?)
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 11:17 PM   #55
Volnixshin
Tesla Powered

Personally, I don't give a shit

Czech jvorxelf, bephor yue rek jvorxelf
Volnixshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 11:18 PM   #56
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volnixshin View Post
Personally, I don't give a shit
Lies!!!
Unread 11-14-2012, 11:35 PM   #57
Volnixshin
Tesla Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
Lies!!!
Be quiet and finish Dark Souls

Czech jvorxelf, bephor yue rek jvorxelf
Volnixshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2012, 11:36 PM   #58
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volnixshin View Post
Be quiet and finish Dark Souls
Tomorrow ---- eerrrr, tonight? In about 18 hours I guess.
Unread 11-15-2012, 09:06 AM   #59
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
If women cosplay outside their body type, they're told off --- if they cosplay within and look good. Then obviously they are airheads.
I cosplayed as young school-aged girls and had guys touching my waist and treating me like a doll. I cosplayed as an older anime woman and I had guys taking pictures of my tits and only my tits. If I was exhausted after a 10 hour day wandering around the convention and someone asked for a picture and I just went into 'pose nice' mode people would make comments that I am clearly used to it in some snotty voice like I am a photo-whore.

I cosplayed 'outside of my body type' (whatever bro, my body type is fabulous) as Nami and had some bitch sitting around with her friend shout at me to 'put a shirt on'.

Damned if I do, damned if I don't my friend.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 11-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #60
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

This was a very well-written, well thought out piece on the phenomenon of the "fake" geek girl. It says so much that I know deep down but am unable to express.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote